How To Guide [GUIDE] HOW TO INSTALL GSI CUSTOM ROMS ON REDMI NOTE 10 5G/POCO M3 PRO 5G

Search This thread

zjy29642

Apr 10, 2022
I've installed this Corvus (vndklite) and, wonderfull ! there's no brightness bug. Now I'd like to root with magisk so I need the boot.img file, witch is with the recovery version, if I understood... The only I found is from here https://osdn.net/projects/corvusos/storage/ . As these files are pretty old, I don't think it will fit. Do you know where I can find the boot.img matching with the Corvus you quoted ?

Patch the MIUI ROM boot before flash the GSI

Last edited:

campanah

Nov 3, 2020
Paris
I've already looked on this thread, and it's said "YOU have to DOWNLOAD exactly the ROM you have in this moment installed on your smartphone". Now I don't have MIUI installed, but Corvus, so don't I need the boot matching with Corvus ?

zjy29642

Apr 10, 2022
I've already looked on this thread, and it's said "YOU have to DOWNLOAD exactly the ROM you have in this moment installed on your smartphone". Now I don't have MIUI installed, but Corvus, so don't I need the boot matching with Corvus ?
flash back to the MIUI ROM.
Just need to patch the BOOT of the MIUI ROM.

Last edited:

LittleMadShiba

Oct 15, 2019
I have installed Corvus GSI and have encountered the same problem which I was encountering when using PE GSI. After some time using the phone it starts to close apps while I use them. When I list stories on Instagram my phone is closing the app after a few stories are listed. Same for telegram. Did anybody has encountered this already and can help me, please?

Redmi Note 5G, Corvus OS GSI. As I said, the same problem with PE GSI before.

nanchilanto

Jun 29, 2013
Chennai
It same with my case. After flash gsi and wipe data in recovery mode, it always boot into Fastboot mode.
Now i'm back to stock MIUI 🥲
Same here......any work around for this please.....?
I used the cmd
fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a , now whichever the gsi I install it reboots and stays in fastboot mode. Really annoying .

Last edited:

nanchilanto

Jun 29, 2013
Chennai
So you mean here is the steps:

fastboot set_active a
fastboot delete-logical-partition product
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)
fastboot flash system_b (name gsi.img)
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img mod or patch)
fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img mod or patch)
fastboot set_active a
fastboot reboot recovery
in recovery select wipe data
Reboot to system

For now maybe i want to try to enjoy MIUI 12.5 version first
Did this work out ?

campanah

Nov 3, 2020
Paris
I have installed Corvus GSI and have encountered the same problem which I was encountering when using PE GSI. After some time using the phone it starts to close apps while I use them. When I list stories on Instagram my phone is closing the app after a few stories are listed. Same for telegram. Did anybody has encountered this already and can help me, please?

Redmi Note 5G, Corvus OS GSI. As I said, the same problem with PE GSI before.
I have the same problem and, sorry no idea for solving this. Actually, I've got still the brightness bug, and a very low sound in phone call.

salzzz

Aug 27, 2011
Hi,

I don't know whether it's already known,
but fingerprint enrollment works in Android 12 GSI, if you disable the Android Setup app ("com.google.android.setupwizard").
Tested in ArrowOS GSI

nanchilanto

Jun 29, 2013
Chennai
Anyone have a solution regarding the delete logical partition_a. ? Even after flashing stock rom and gsi still boots only in fastboot.... Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)

toonTT

Jul 10, 2022
You should not EVER delete logical partition product, you just cause yourself more headache if you are new with GSI:s. I dont know where you got these instructions but regarding to your posting history, you are not a person i would listen for advice Fire1511.

You have made the process more complicated than it actually is, and suggesting the use of destructive commands not related to flashing a GSI. (My main point of constructive feedback). So i present to you dear readers :

Flashing a GSI to redmi note 10 5G KEEPING IT SIMPLE edition.

(Before you proceed, backup important data from your internal storage, i also assume that you have adb tools and drivers installed for your device and bootloader unlocked.)

adb reboot bootloader (Booting to fastboot)
fastboot reboot fastboot (Booting from fastboot to fastbootd)
fastboot erase system
fastboot -w (deletes userdata, running this just to be sure personally)

You migth get an error :
/usr/bin/make_f2fs failed with status 1
fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata (wich is no cause for concern)

Lets continue
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (did not personally need but better be safe than sorry). USE THE VBMETA.IMG PROVIDED BELOW

Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.001s]
Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.013s]

fastboot fastboot flash system GSIofyourchoice.img

Invalid sparse file format at header magic (no need for concern)
Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.008s]
Sending sparse 'system_a' 1/7 (262108 KB) OKAY [ 20.939s]
Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.041s]
Sending sparse 'system_a' 2/7 (262120 KB) OKAY [ 21.163s]
Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.217s]
Sending sparse 'system_a' 3/7 (262116 KB) OKAY [ 19.183s]
Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.157s]
Sending sparse 'system_a' 4/7 (262120 KB) OKAY [ 15.908s]
Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.052s]
Sending sparse 'system_a' 5/7 (262088 KB) OKAY [ 19.747s]
Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.045s]
Sending sparse 'system_a' 6/7 (262124 KB) OKAY [ 20.658s]
Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.038s]
Sending sparse 'system_a' 7/7 (166688 KB) OKAY [ 13.939s]
Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.861s]
Finished. Total time: 152.907s

fastboot reboot (Reboots your phone and tries to boot the flashed system. please pe patient while waiting for your device to boot.)

This way, you dont destroy ability to boot to fastboot, fastbootd and you keep your original recovery and bootloader intact. If you boot to recovery after a reboot, do a factory reset from there and try to boot again, should work. IF it dosen't, you can easily try other gsi with the same steps.

Origin of vbmeta.img and information :

I want to remind everyone before following instructions on xda (OR ANYWHERE), please make/do your research before flashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: wetito

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
a lot of users make damages cause dont have the capability of follow the guides. and made a lot of useless and boring questions. all the new gsi a12 based are full compatible with miui13, and didnt cause any brick. i have tested more than one without any issue

nanchilanto

Jun 29, 2013
Chennai
Followed what u have said but no luck for me....tried different GSI's too,stil boots in fastboot mode only..... Maybe its because of me previously deleting the logical partition using the command
" fastboot delete-logical-partition product_a "

1lopes

Followed what u have said but no luck for me....tried different GSI's too,stil boots in fastboot mode only..... Maybe its because of me previously deleting the logical partition using the command
Must be it.
From the new guide toonTT made, he mentioned this. You can try his guide, as for him it worked.

The original guide should work too as long you don't include the deleting logical partition command, but I recommend trying out toonTT guide as this one is still not updated.

Even, from what I know, recovering both of the devices said in this forum is pretty easy, anyways, just flash stock MIUI via mi flash again and its recovered in case you brick your device.
And I repeat, it's from what I know personally, that MTK devices seem pretty easy to recover!

1lopes

Anyone have a solution regarding the delete logical partition_a. ? Even after flashing stock rom and gsi still boots only in fastboot.... Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)
Have you tried flashing with Mi Flash?
You could try have a work around with Mi Flash Pro, there are many tools in it that could help you out, especially SP Tool that can recover (almost) everything

Not new to modding (actually my first time Im installing PE in my redmi), but could work in advance as it's basically one of the principal tools to recover a redmi or any xiaomi phone.

Reactions: Fire1511

toonTT

Jul 10, 2022
If you cant boot even to stock rom after flashing, then there is something very important is missing? . Can you access the stock recovery after flashing stock rom? If you can, try factory reset and clear cache.

In our mediatek chipset, there is a special connection mode wich we can use to our advantage in the worst possible outcome situation. (Dont remember the correct name now for it)

When phone is powered off, connect it to your computer with usb while holding both volume buttons. There is software like MTKClient wich can use this connection to write data to memory and flash.

It migth come in handy.

nanchilanto

Jun 29, 2013
Chennai
If you cant boot even to stock rom after flashing, then there is something very important is missing? . Can you access the stock recovery after flashing stock rom? If you can, try factory reset and clear cache.

In our mediatek chipset, there is a special connection mode wich we can use to our advantage in the worst possible outcome situation. (Dont remember the correct name now for it)

When phone is powered off, connect it to your computer with usb while holding both volume buttons. There is software like MTKClient wich can use this connection to write data to memory and flash.

It migth come in handy.
Stock rom is working .... Not the gsi's booting.It just boots in fastboot. Previously I was successful with gsi but tried something else and got messed up... Anyways thanks for all the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You should not EVER delete logical partition product, you just cause yourself more headache if you are new with GSI:s. I dont know where you got these instructions but regarding to your posting history, you are not a person i would listen for advice Fire1511.

You have made the process more complicated than it actually is, and suggesting the use of destructive commands not related to flashing a GSI. (My main point of constructive feedback). So i present to you dear readers :

Flashing a GSI to redmi note 10 5G KEEPING IT SIMPLE edition.

(Before you proceed, backup important data from your internal storage, i also assume that you have adb tools and drivers installed for your device and bootloader unlocked.)

adb reboot bootloader (Booting to fastboot)
    fastboot reboot fastboot (Booting from fastboot to fastbootd)
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot -w (deletes userdata, running this just to be sure personally)

You migth get an error :
    /usr/bin/make_f2fs failed with status 1
    fastboot: error: Cannot generate image for userdata (wich is no cause for concern)

Lets continue
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (did not personally need but better be safe than sorry). USE THE VBMETA.IMG PROVIDED BELOW

Sending 'vbmeta_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.001s]
    Writing 'vbmeta_a' OKAY [ 0.013s]

fastboot fastboot flash system GSIofyourchoice.img

Invalid sparse file format at header magic (no need for concern)
    Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.008s]
    Sending sparse 'system_a' 1/7 (262108 KB) OKAY [ 20.939s]
    Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.041s]
    Sending sparse 'system_a' 2/7 (262120 KB) OKAY [ 21.163s]
    Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.217s]
    Sending sparse 'system_a' 3/7 (262116 KB) OKAY [ 19.183s]
    Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.157s]
    Sending sparse 'system_a' 4/7 (262120 KB) OKAY [ 15.908s]
    Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.052s]
    Sending sparse 'system_a' 5/7 (262088 KB) OKAY [ 19.747s]
    Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.045s]
    Sending sparse 'system_a' 6/7 (262124 KB) OKAY [ 20.658s]
    Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 1.038s]
    Sending sparse 'system_a' 7/7 (166688 KB) OKAY [ 13.939s]
    Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.861s]
    Finished. Total time: 152.907s

fastboot reboot (Reboots your phone and tries to boot the flashed system. please pe patient while waiting for your device to boot.)

This way, you dont destroy ability to boot to fastboot, fastbootd and you keep your original recovery and bootloader intact. If you boot to recovery after a reboot, do a factory reset from there and try to boot again, should work. IF it dosen't, you can easily try other gsi with the same steps.

Origin of vbmeta.img and information :

I want to remind everyone before following instructions on xda (OR ANYWHERE), please make/do your research before flashing.
    Have you tried flashing with Mi Flash?
    You could try have a work around with Mi Flash Pro, there are many tools in it that could help you out, especially SP Tool that can recover (almost) everything

Not new to modding (actually my first time Im installing PE in my redmi), but could work in advance as it's basically one of the principal tools to recover a redmi or any xiaomi phone.
    Just flashed it on my Redmi Note 10 5G. Working like a charm! Still getting it ready.
    Just wondering, is there any way to put the Android Status Bar a bit lower? I am aware that (if I am sure) this is a Pixel 6 Pro ROM port wich means it might have a bigger screen than it.
    Heres a photo of what I am talking about:

IMG_20220712_121230.jpg

Thanks!
    Is that a Nippon gsi?
    Actually, no. Its the Pixel Experience you recommended in the post.
    Might actually flash a Nippon GSI some time later if I can't get a workaround to get 48MP camera, or come back to MIUI (would appreciate alot if you could help me out, but Ill try it myself first so dont bother (unless theres no way to do it, but somehow when I was on MIUI 13 EEA, GCam worked perfectly fine outdoors, might be different port tho), but still wondering about what wetito said.

Also, thank you for making this guide

Edit: Not sure if flashing the Nippon GSI I mentioned above would brick my device. Also couldn't get 48MP camera working. Taking photos outdoor somehow turned very bad quality since I went from MIUI to PE, and GCam in MIUI took outdoor photos better than MIUI camera.
    Still concerned about the warning. I'm not sure if I do flash the Nippon GSI I mentioned.
    nippont gsi don't boot
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
    damage that may happen to your device.

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader.

WARNING

Don't use Nippon gsi they aren't working,I recommend using phh gsi by @phhusson lineage os by @AndyYan and PE 12 by @ponces

How to guide:

power + volume down button

fastboot reboot fastboot

install fastbootd drivers,follow this tutorial

fastboot set_active a

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img)

fastboot set_active a

fastboot reboot recovery

in recovery select wipe data

reboot to system

The GSI will be installed in your phone ;)

Bugs:
    Brightness slider but you can fix it

Recommended rom:

Pixel experience:

Select arm64 ab variant

How to fix brightness slider:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings enable "use alternative brightness scale", "use linear screen brightness slider" and "allow setting brightness to the lowest possible",reboot the device

There is an better alternative to fix this annoying bug,follow this guide!

How to fix bluetooth audio:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device.

How to install magisk on your device:

How to flash gapps:
    You need magisk on your phone
    Download this file then flash from magisk

Latest corvus has auto brightness fixed
    Nippon gsi is the largest community of ported gsi. but flash carefully. not al generic gsi are compatible with stock vendors driver. after rebbot you can have some bugs. but the stock system can be easily restored. i suggest ported gsi from redmi note 8
    @Fire1511 do you picture proof on device with any GSI running on poco m3 pro 5g
    that was fast. thank you
    side note, do you have twrp for poco m3 pro 5g?
    No twrp