How To Guide [GUIDE] HOW TO INSTALL GSI CUSTOM ROMS ON REDMI NOTE 10 5G/POCO M3 PRO 5G

Search This thread

Fekuu

Oct 16, 2018
In cherish 13 bluetooth headphones not working when you connect headphones sounds still going from phone.
I selecting this option ,,Force enable a2dp off-load" and still dont working

vatastala

Feb 23, 2010
Spark android 13.1,vanilla + microg g.no major bugs, good customizations, smooth and fast. With a few system tweak Almost completely absent. Very good rom
Hi wetito,

looking at ur suggestion I choose Spark for my Redmi 10 5G, I downloaded "SparkOS-13.1-arm64_bgN-Unofficial.img" from the site. Everything seems ok, but I have a big issue because often I unlock the phone but the screens is totally black, I can hear when I click something but cannot see anything. Then I lock again and unlock...same behavior, I have to restart the phone pressing the power button. Any idea?

viktak

Jun 15, 2012
diy.viktak.com
Hi wetito,

looking at ur suggestion I choose Spark for my Redmi 10 5G, I downloaded "SparkOS-13.1-arm64_bgN-Unofficial.img" from the site. Everything seems ok, but I have a big issue because often I unlock the phone but the screens is totally black, I can hear when I click something but cannot see anything. Then I lock again and unlock...same behavior, I have to restart the phone pressing the power button. Any idea?
You need to install the backlight fix Brightness Fix & Overlay.zip/Camellia Brightness Fix using Magisk.

Reactions: vatastala

vatastala

Feb 23, 2010
You need to install the backlight fix Brightness Fix & Overlay.zip/Camellia Brightness Fix using Magisk.
Thank you, I'm going to root Spark GSI but looking at the guide in post #1 I don't understand how to follow the root guide. I opened the spark....img.xz file but cannot find any boot.img to patch with magisk...I'm really in trouble, cannot understand how to root these GSI builds...

In any case, I understand that I'm obliged to root the Spark room because of this issue...I'm ok for rooting, but for people who does not want there's no possibility to fix this?

Last edited:

viktak

Jun 15, 2012
diy.viktak.com
Thank you, I'm going to root Spark GSI but looking at the guide in post #1 I don't understand how to follow the root guide. I opened the spark....img.xz file but cannot find any boot.img to patch with magisk...I'm really in trouble, cannot understand how to root these GSI builds...

In any case, I understand that I'm obliged to root the Spark room because of this issue...I'm ok for rooting, but for people who does not want there's no possibility to fix this?

You root GIS builds the same way as any other builds: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

As for without root, I am not aware of a method other than this.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3

you have to patch boot.img of stock fastboot rom, not gsi. gsi contain only system.img

vatastala

Feb 23, 2010
You root GIS builds the same way as any other builds: https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html

As for without root, I am not aware of a method other than this.
Ok, thank you very much
you have to patch boot.img of stock fastboot rom, not gsi. gsi contain only system.img
Finally I did It and applied the patch as vitkat suggested. Just an information: I installed Spark OS "SparkOS-13.1-arm64_bgN-Unofficial.img.xz" version, there are other 3 versions, I installed It because of the number of download rate on the download page. Is It the correct one? Which are the differences with other versions?

Thank you, It seems very very nice :)

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Brother in which GSI VOLTE is working tell me, VOLTE is the only reason i am not able to use this device as primary one
after some test: volte work but only for outcoming calls. incomings calls dont appears on display. who call you ear your line available, but call windows dont appear on display. also jack headphones ad some problems with calls

now i will test a11 vendors. seems have more compatibilities with gsi

in general, for user who prefere a more stable rom stock is suggested

fore user who prefere a faster system but not 100% bugfree, gsi are the best

gsi 12.1 are more stable compared to a13 gsi

but new treble droid project is very interesting
i think 2 or 3 months we could have a13 gsi with a very good stability

brian00009

Mar 29, 2022
after some test: volte work but only for outcoming calls. incomings calls dont appears on display. who call you ear your line available, but call windows dont appear on display. also jack headphones ad some problems with calls

now i will test a11 vendors. seems have more compatibilities with gsi

in general, for user who prefere a more stable rom stock is suggested

fore user who prefere a faster system but not 100% bugfree, gsi are the best

gsi 12.1 are more stable compared to a13 gsi

but new treble droid project is very interesting
i think 2 or 3 months we could have a13 gsi with a very good stability
For earphones cannot detect, type this on termux...
Code:
setprop persist.sys.overlay.devinputjack true

Gamer_Mida

Nov 9, 2022
fastboot erase system

error this partition table does not exist

fastboot flash system

error this partition table does not exist

how can i solve? (my phone isnt bricked, there is system, android)

Last edited:
you have to enter into fastbootd mode before
fastboot reboot fastboot

after this flash directly system without erase the partition
do u know why I can;t set audio output of apps to my Redmi Earbuds Pro 3 in Spark OS A13.1?
I selected "mediatek" in rom settings for bluetooth and restarted, the only app that sends signal to earbuds is Mi Buds 8when testing for ear fit or changing modes. However any other media app says that output are earbuds but plays on speaker...

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
do u know why I can;t set audio output of apps to my Redmi Earbuds Pro 3 in Spark OS A13.1?
I selected "mediatek" in rom settings for bluetooth and restarted, the only app that sends signal to earbuds is Mi Buds 8when testing for ear fit or changing modes. However any other media app says that output are earbuds but plays on speaker...
try one of latest android 13 gsi. bt is fixed but not all boot with a12 vendor. i think latest pe 12.1 based should have good stability

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
    damage that may happen to your device.

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader.

WARNING

Don't use Nippon gsi they aren't working,I recommend using phh gsi by @phhusson lineage os by @AndyYan and PE 12 by @ponces

How to guide:

power + volume down button

fastboot reboot fastboot

install fastbootd drivers,follow this tutorial

fastboot set_active a

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img)

fastboot set_active a

fastboot reboot recovery

in recovery select wipe data

reboot to system

The GSI will be installed in your phone ;)

Bugs:
    Brightness slider but you can fix it

Recommended rom:

Pixel experience:

Select arm64 ab variant

How to fix brightness slider:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings enable "use alternative brightness scale", "use linear screen brightness slider" and "allow setting brightness to the lowest possible",reboot the device

There is an better alternative to fix this annoying bug,follow this guide!

How to fix bluetooth audio:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device.

How to install magisk on your device:

How to flash gapps:
    You need magisk on your phone
    Download this file then flash from magisk

Spark android 13.1,vanilla + microg g.no major bugs, good customizations, smooth and fast. With a few system tweak Almost completely absent. Very good rom
    Latest corvus has auto brightness fixed
    Nippon gsi is the largest community of ported gsi. but flash carefully. not al generic gsi are compatible with stock vendors driver. after rebbot you can have some bugs. but the stock system can be easily restored. i suggest ported gsi from redmi note 8
    that was fast. thank you
    side note, do you have twrp for poco m3 pro 5g?
    No twrp