• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide [GUIDE] HOW TO INSTALL GSI CUSTOM ROMS ON REDMI NOTE 10 5G/POCO M3 PRO 5G

Search This thread

Zaiserr2

Nov 2, 2019
What about bugs? Is it fast?is the battery good? Is brightness slider working well?
i've tested this GSI over camellian:

aosp a12 v400c gsi : system-squeak-arm64-ab-gapps.img.xz have the brightness slider bug, if i power off the mobile cant power on with button, say error mobile not certified for use google services.

lineage 19 a12 gsi : lineage-19.0-20211106-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz cant have gapps (can try it after you root and install magisk), have the brightness slider bug, if I power off the mobile cant power on with button.

pixelexperience a12 v400c gsi : PixelExperience_arm64-ab-12.0-20211121-UNOFFICIAL.img.xz
have the brightness slider bug, if i power off the mobile cant power on with button.

SO ALL GSI I HAVE TESTED (A11 in the past OR A12) HAVE THE SAME BUGS, I THINK ARE A BAD MOBILE NOT GSI PROBLEM.

How to fix brightness slider:
Go to phh treble settings,misc settings enable "use alternative brightness scale", "use linear screen brightness slider" and "allow setting brightness to the lowest possible",reboot the device

How to fix bluetooth audio:
Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device

Last edited:

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Based on the above I flashed Pixel Experience. Looking pretty good so far - Magisk working, Play Store working, banking app installed and working. Still need to keep brightness slider at maximum or the phone unlocks to a black screen.

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Pixel Experience appears to be stable enough for me to keep it permanently installed. Just a few caveats: Brightness has to be at 100% as mentioned above - even enabling Adaptive Brightness can cause the black screen problem. To enable audio output via the 3.5mm jack I had to go to Settings -> Phh Treble Settings -> Misc features and enable "Use alternate way to detect headsets". Finally, my banking app gives me an error when I try to set up thumbprint unlocking, although this may be a compatibility problem between the app and Android 12.

As a final test I flashed Pixel Experience back over itself and rebooted without going into recovery and wiping data, and it was absolutely fine - as if the phone had merely been rebooted - which leads me to think that applying a future update wouldn't require a factory reset.

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Hardest test for Pixel Experience so far was paying at a checkout using Google Pay via NFC, linked to a virtual Revolut card - no trouble at all. (I have Magisk Hide enabled for the Revolut app.) I can also unlock Revolut with my fingerprint so it must just be a problem with the other banking app.

mo7akh

Dec 8, 2021
I want to try the gsi in this thread but im noob and don't know much. And im afraid something would Go wrong as its main and only device, what do you suggest?

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
I want to try the gsi in this thread but im noob and don't know much. And im afraid something would Go wrong as its main and only device, what do you suggest?
i suggest u stay on miui. or buy a second phone and backup yours importats data on it. install a gsi, if you follow step by step the guide is quite easy. but a security device is recommended for newby

for gsi test i suggest this one. seems interesting https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/aosp-12-0-leos-ungoogled-gsi.4356501/

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
I got a good deal on a Redmi Note 10 5G as a second phone to test different Android 12 builds on (once the 168-hour timer expires). Another quirk I have found with Pixel Experience is that all photos I take are zoomed in by about 25%. Videos are not, and neither are photos taken using stock MIUI.

Anyone missing a notification LED might like to check out Always On Edge.

lasbrujazz

Oct 7, 2015
I'd like to try some of these GSIs, but I wonder if these ROMs has passed SafetyNet. Can anyone confirm?

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
There's a new build of LineageOS 19 with GApps at https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/ which installed without any trouble, but even after installing Magisk I can't get it to pass SafetyNet (after trying various modules which I didn't have to do with Pixel Experience), and Play Store just tells me the device isn't Play Protect certified and won't do anything else. Photos are also zoomed in by about 25%.

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Has anyone tried installing the GAPPS version for dotOS? Or only the vanilla version works?
I tried flashing dotOS with GApps over LineageOS 19 and it gave me an error about being unable to resize /system. So I reinstalled stock MIUI 12.5.1 completely and tried again, and this time it worked. It's a bit flaky - I couldn't change the screen font size during initial setup, and after a reboot I have to enter my PIN as usual but the enter button is invisible (bottom right of the keypad, in case this happens to anyone else). On the plus side, Play Protect certification works, the Magisk-enabled boot.img for 12.5.1 works with it, and Magisk shows me that it passes SafetyNet.

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
So inevitably I bricked my Note 10 5G after trying to flash the Magisk-enabled 12.5.1 boot.img. (Not sure what went wrong, maybe the phone OS had updated to 12.5.3?) It was in a boot loop, only showing the Redmi logo for a few seconds, and I could not get it into fastboot or recovery mode. Ended up using a rubber band to keep the power button held down so the battery would drain.

After a few days of wrestling with it I managed to get it working again, using Linux, with bypass_utility-master (not v1.4.2), exploits_collection-master, and SP Flash Tool v5.2148. Used MTK_AllInOne_DA.bin from the extracted camellian v12.5.1.0 fastboot image. No Xiaomi authentication required. The working sequence was to start the Download in SP Flash Tool as soon as main.py (in the bypass utility) reported "Protection disabled", without disconnecting the USB cable. I had Download Only selected, and every image except the preloader. At the second attempt it started flashing and only took a few minutes to reinstall the phone, IMEI intact. I also set the baud rate in SP Flash Tool to 921600. Did everything as the root user to avoid permissions problems.

I thought I would mention all this since I have read in other places that you can't use Linux (untrue), you need Xiaomi authentication or to take it to a service centre (untrue), there is no exploit for the Note 10 5G/MT6833 (untrue), you will erase your IMEI (untrue), you need to open the phone and connect the test points to get into EDL/BROM mode (untrue).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if someone is interested, i read good feedbacks into pphusson group https://sourceforge.net/projects/yilliee-projects/files/GSIs/Octavi/v3.2/
    Follow up: I tried patching the last known boot.img of the miui version installed before I installed the GSI, when tried to flash the patched boot.img using fastboot it always brings me back to fastboot. When I flash the original image, the GSI boots. Does anyone know what went wrong here?
    you have replied by yourself. first install gsi. after (if u want magisk) patched boot.img. if system don't boot means an incompatibility with latest 12.5.3 miui stock version. so install gsi+magisk over 12.5.2
    Do I need my bootloader unlocked? Still waiting.. lol
    Yes u need,download MIUI 12.0.7.0 global then flash it via miflash then download MIUI 12.5 and flash it from mi flash pro using recovery method
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
    damage that may happen to your device.

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader.

WARNING

Don't use nippon gsi they aren't working,I recommend using phh gsi by phusson lineage os by Andyyan and PE 12 by ponces

How to guide:

Power + volume down button

fastboot reboot fastboot

Install fastbootd drivers,follow this tutorial

fastboot set_active a

fastboot delete-logical-partition product

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img mod or patch)

fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img mod or patch)

fastboot set_active a

fastboot reboot recovery

in recovery select wipe data

Reboot to system

rom Will be installed in your phone ;)

bugs:
    No bugs

Recommended roms:

Pixel experience:

Select arm64 ab variant

How to fix brightness slider:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings enable "use alternative brightness scale", "use linear screen brightness slider" and "allow setting brightness to the lowest possible",reboot the device

How to fix bluetooth audio:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device

How to install magisk on your device:

How to flash gapps:
    You will need magisk on your phone

Download this file then flash from magisk

Nippon gsi is the largest community of ported gsi. but flash carefully. not al generic gsi are compatible with stock vendors driver. after rebbot you can have some bugs. but the stock system can be easily restored. i suggest ported gsi from redmi note 8
    @Fire1511 do you picture proof on device with any GSI running on poco m3 pro 5g
    Follow up: I tried patching the last known boot.img of the miui version installed before I installed the GSI, when tried to flash the patched boot.img using fastboot it always brings me back to fastboot. When I flash the original image, the GSI boots. Does anyone know what went wrong here?
    you have replied by yourself. first install gsi. after (if u want magisk) patched boot.img. if system don't boot means an incompatibility with latest 12.5.3 miui stock version. so install gsi+magisk over 12.5.2