How To Guide [GUIDE] HOW TO INSTALL GSI CUSTOM ROMS ON REDMI NOTE 10 5G/POCO M3 PRO 5G

Search This thread

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
As a final test I flashed Pixel Experience back over itself and rebooted without going into recovery and wiping data, and it was absolutely fine - as if the phone had merely been rebooted - which leads me to think that applying a future update wouldn't require a factory reset.
There is a newer version of Pixel Experience from December 26th so I tried installing it on my spare phone (Redmi Note 10 5G) before risking my live phone (Poco M3 Pro 5G). Worked perfectly. In both cases I was installing it over an earlier version of Pixel Experience.

fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot set_active a fastboot delete-logical-partition product fastboot erase system fastboot flash system PixelExperience_arm64-ab-12.0-20211226-UNOFFICIAL.img fastboot set_active a fastboot reboot
Not sure if "set_active a" really needs to be in there twice but that's what it says in the instructions on page 1 of this thread. I did not need to change the Magisk-infused boot image or reflash a blank vbmeta.img.

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
There is a newer version of Pixel Experience from December 26th so I tried installing it on my spare phone (Redmi Note 10 5G) before risking my live phone (Poco M3 Pro 5G). Worked perfectly. In both cases I was installing it over an earlier version of Pixel Experience.

fastboot reboot fastboot fastboot set_active a fastboot delete-logical-partition product fastboot erase system fastboot flash system PixelExperience_arm64-ab-12.0-20211226-UNOFFICIAL.img fastboot set_active a fastboot reboot
Not sure if "set_active a" really needs to be in there twice but that's what it says in the instructions on page 1 of this thread. I did not need to change the Magisk-infused boot image or reflash a blank vbmeta.img.
for a fresh clean install set active a is suggested

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
there's a guide to install china miui 13 beta. i think miflash is better. but this guide confirm that switch to china rom is safe
in my opinion china rom is better than global when i will do a full backup i will install sure the stable release

Fire1511

Sep 4, 2019
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
there's a guide to install china miui 13 beta. i think miflash is better. but this guide confirm that switch to china rom is safe
in my opinion china rom is better than global when i will do a full backup i will install sure the stable release
Not working on camellian only camellia and did u tried that?

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
i will try asap. read the guide. our phone is supported " If your device does not have a clone in China, you cannot do this.". the china clone of camellian is camellia. so should work

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
I would happily try to install the China version on my spare phone if I could figure out how to flash a recovery image from Linux.

skm_1

Apr 20, 2018
Got hold of an OTG adapter so I could control TWRP 3.5.2 with a mouse, and tried to flash the MIUI 13 recovery image. It failed about halfway through, just like previous attempts to flash a MIUI recovery image, reporting that some partition didn't exist (possibly system_a).

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3

I'm testing pixel experience via DSU. For me Is a very good aosp gsi. Seem the best alternative to stock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
    damage that may happen to your device.

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader.

WARNING

Don't use Nippon gsi they aren't working.

How to guide:

power + volume down button

fastboot reboot fastboot

install fastbootd drivers,follow this tutorial

fastboot set_active a

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img)

fastboot set_active a

fastboot reboot recovery

in recovery select wipe data

reboot to system

The GSI will get installed in your phone ;)

Bugs:
    Brightness slider but you can fix it

Recommended rom:

Pixel experience:

Select arm64 ab variant

How to fix brightness slider:

How to fix bluetooth audio:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device.

How to install magisk on your device:

How to flash gapps:
    You need magisk on your phone
    Download this file then flash from magisk

Spark android 13.1,vanilla + microg g.no major bugs, good customizations, smooth and fast. With a few system tweak Almost completely absent. Very good rom
    Latest corvus has auto brightness fixed
    Nippon gsi is the largest community of ported gsi. but flash carefully. not al generic gsi are compatible with stock vendors driver. after rebbot you can have some bugs. but the stock system can be easily restored. i suggest ported gsi from redmi note 8
    that was fast. thank you
    side note, do you have twrp for poco m3 pro 5g?
    No twrp