How To Guide [GUIDE] HOW TO INSTALL GSI CUSTOM ROMS ON REDMI NOTE 10 5G/POCO M3 PRO 5G

Search This thread

asimone001

Jul 29, 2017
Hi,
I read all the messages and still I can't boot in android

I'm using lineageos in asus max pro m1 and in experia z3, I want to install it also in my poco m3 pro 5g.

I saw isn't supported by the linageos team, but I found this post in xda.

I want to install lineage-19.1-20220719-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS (by Andy Yan)

I unlocked the bootloader and I flashed camellian_eea_global_images_V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM_20210519.0000.00_11.0_eea_fc5972c36a

I did the setup, I put unlock oem and allow debug in the developer option panel,
I rebooted into fast boot, and I put all the command as shown in the first message of this thread, but trying to flash the lineage img file, I got the following error:

Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.002s]
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 427416624 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 158985264 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
Sending sparse 'system_a' 1/3 (262140 KB) error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 427416624 is not a multiple of the block size 4096

can u help me pls?

thx in advance

Can be useful also a guide using twrp, I installed it, but the rom not booted

nanchilanto

Jun 29, 2013
Chennai
Hi,
I read all the messages and still I can't boot in android

I'm using lineageos in asus max pro m1 and in experia z3, I want to install it also in my poco m3 pro 5g.

I saw isn't supported by the linageos team, but I found this post in xda.

I want to install lineage-19.1-20220719-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS (by Andy Yan)

I unlocked the bootloader and I flashed camellian_eea_global_images_V12.0.8.0.RKSEUXM_20210519.0000.00_11.0_eea_fc5972c36a

I did the setup, I put unlock oem and allow debug in the developer option panel,
I rebooted into fast boot, and I put all the command as shown in the first message of this thread, but trying to flash the lineage img file, I got the following error:

Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.002s]
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 427416624 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 158985264 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
Sending sparse 'system_a' 1/3 (262140 KB) error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 427416624 is not a multiple of the block size 4096

can u help me pls?

thx in advance

Can be useful also a guide using twrp, I installed it, but the rom not booted
You need to enter into fastbootd mode by typing "fastboot reboot fastboot" while being in fastboot...

asimone001

Jul 29, 2017
the problem is u are under miu12. update to miui13 or install lineage a11 based. startiing from miui13 all new a12 gsi boot
Hi, the first time I was with miui13 but didn't load, same error.
Now I used a lineage 18, keeping miui12, but same issue:

fastboot flash system lineage-18.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img
Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 310614636 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 42183276 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
Sending sparse 'system_a' 1/3 (262140 KB) error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 310614636 is not a multiple of the block size 4096

I just downloaded the file, renamed removing xz extension.

I get a wrong lineage version?
I download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-18.x/

Thanks in advance

Hi, the first time I was with miui13 but didn't load, same error.
Now I used a lineage 18, keeping miui12, but same issue:

fastboot flash system lineage-18.1-20220715-UNOFFICIAL-arm64_bvS.img
Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.000s]
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 310614636 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 42183276 is not a multiple of the block size 4096
Sending sparse 'system_a' 1/3 (262140 KB) error: write_sparse_skip_chunk: don't care size 310614636 is not a multiple of the block size 4096

I just downloaded the file, renamed removing xz extension.

I get a wrong lineage version?
I download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/files/lineage-18.x/

Thanks in advance
You cant just remove the file extension by renaming it. Theres a .img file INSIDE the folder. Extract that into the fastboot folder and rename it to system.img, NEVER remove or change a file extension.

asimone001

Jul 29, 2017
Hi, I have 2 devices, one is supported by lineage and the other has the lineage gsi rom by Andy Yan.

Some applications doesn't work because of safety net, but installing magisk there is a workaround.

the isssue is related to the su included inside the gsi distribution, magisk detect it and don't works (it works successful in the lineage supported device)

My question is, how can I remove the su from the gsi lineage version?

I saw in the site, but there isn't the version without the su command.

Also the securize command on the lineage phh panel doesen't work for magisk.

Lihas Demhai

May 7, 2016
Is volte working on the gsis based on A12? Like do we need to enable ims services in phh settings to get volte working? Is safetynet passed? Is it smooth? I know the brightness slider has some bug but are there any other bugs? Can Gsis replace stock MIUI as a daily driver?

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
Is volte working on the gsis based on A12? Like do we need to enable ims services in phh settings to get volte working? Is safetynet passed? Is it smooth? I know the brightness slider has some bug but are there any other bugs? Can Gsis replace stock MIUI as a daily driver?
you had to try. it depend from what's you expect. personally i prefere miui13. but most latest gsi are goos for daily driver. but is only a personal opinion. connect to official telegram channel of pphusson. you can find all what u want to know

If I brick my phone whilst trying to flash to system will I still be able to access fastboot and reflash stock system.img?
Yes, just force reboot it and when the screen turns black, make the key combination to boot into fastboot, and use Mi Flash as its recommended and MAKE SURE you dont leave the option on the bottom of Mi Flash as "clean and lock", switch it to "clean all".
If you do want to relock the bootloader and wish to stay on MIUI, you can leave it as "clean and lock", if im sure you dont need to wait 7 days to unlock the bootloader again

I'm using a Mac, also in fastboot it says that the system partition doesn't exist, what partition should I put it on?

My phone is a Redmi Note 10 5G. Here are all my partitions:
Code:
boot_a       dpm_a   ffu        lk_a      md1img_b  otp         preloader_emmc_a  proinfo   sda      spmfw_b  userdata         vbmeta_vendor_b

boot_b       dpm_b   flashinfo  lk_b      metadata  para        preloader_emmc_b  protect1  sdb      sspm_a   vbmeta_a         vendor_boot_a

boot_para    dtbo_a  frp        logo      misc      persist     preloader_raw_a   protect2  sdc      sspm_b   vbmeta_b         vendor_boot_b

countrycode  dtbo_b  gsort      mcupm_a   nvcfg     persistbak  preloader_raw_b   rescue    sec1     super    vbmeta_system_a

cust         efuse   gz_a       mcupm_b   nvdata    pi_img_a    preloader_ufs_a   scp_a     seccfg   tee_a    vbmeta_system_b

devinfo      expdb   gz_b       md1img_a  nvram     pi_img_b    preloader_ufs_b   scp_b     spmfw_a  tee_b    vbmeta_vendor_a

Last edited:
I'm using a Mac, also in fastboot it says that the system partition doesn't exist, what partition should I put it on?

My phone is a Redmi Note 10 5G. Here are all my partitions:
Code:
boot_a       dpm_a   ffu        lk_a      md1img_b  otp         preloader_emmc_a  proinfo   sda      spmfw_b  userdata         vbmeta_vendor_b

boot_b       dpm_b   flashinfo  lk_b      metadata  para        preloader_emmc_b  protect1  sdb      sspm_a   vbmeta_a         vendor_boot_a

boot_para    dtbo_a  frp        logo      misc      persist     preloader_raw_a   protect2  sdc      sspm_b   vbmeta_b         vendor_boot_b

countrycode  dtbo_b  gsort      mcupm_a   nvcfg     persistbak  preloader_raw_b   rescue    sec1     super    vbmeta_system_a

cust         efuse   gz_a       mcupm_b   nvdata    pi_img_a    preloader_ufs_a   scp_a     seccfg   tee_a    vbmeta_system_b

devinfo      expdb   gz_b       md1img_a  nvram     pi_img_b    preloader_ufs_b   scp_b     spmfw_a  tee_b    vbmeta_vendor_a
Oof, I dont know how to flash stock via fastboot neither never used a Mac. Ill try to help with my efforts. Could you try using Xiaomi ADB Fastboot tools?
Also, did you try dynamic fastboot and see if theres any new partition?
Maybe leave it for someone to help you as I dont know alot about it, Im so sorry

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
is not a mac problem. fastboot works equal on all SO

reflash stock firmare via xiaomiadbfastboot tool.

ps: i dont know how, seems u have deleted system
so i hope for you that miflash could solve your problem. otherwise u have to create a new partion table by yourself. an operation for medium/expert linux users

Last edited:
is not a mac problem. fastboot works equal on all SO

reflash stock firmare via xiaomiadbfastboot tool.

ps: i dont know how, seems u have deleted system
so i hope for you that miflash could solve your problem. otherwise u have to create a new partion table by yourself. an operation for medium/expert linux users
I haven't deleted it, my phone boots fine and works fine. Maybe it's a new update or maybe I did delete it...or maybe it got deleted when Xiaomi unbricked my phone (it got bricked permeantly)

Is there no other partition (but super, super does NOT work) to flash gsis to?

Oh do I need to be in fastbootd for it to show? I was only in regular fastboot.

Edit: i had to be in fastbootd thank you so much :)

Reactions: wetito

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
    damage that may happen to your device.

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader.

WARNING

Don't use Nippon gsi they aren't working.

How to guide:

power + volume down button

fastboot reboot fastboot

install fastbootd drivers,follow this tutorial

fastboot set_active a

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img)

fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img)

fastboot set_active a

fastboot reboot recovery

in recovery select wipe data

reboot to system

The GSI will get installed in your phone ;)

Bugs:
    Brightness slider but you can fix it

Recommended rom:

Pixel experience:

Select arm64 ab variant

How to fix brightness slider:

How to fix bluetooth audio:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device.

How to install magisk on your device:

How to flash gapps:
    You need magisk on your phone
    Download this file then flash from magisk

Spark android 13.1,vanilla + microg g.no major bugs, good customizations, smooth and fast. With a few system tweak Almost completely absent. Very good rom
    Latest corvus has auto brightness fixed
    Nippon gsi is the largest community of ported gsi. but flash carefully. not al generic gsi are compatible with stock vendors driver. after rebbot you can have some bugs. but the stock system can be easily restored. i suggest ported gsi from redmi note 8
    that was fast. thank you
    side note, do you have twrp for poco m3 pro 5g?
    No twrp