How To Guide [GUIDE]HOW TO INSTALL GSI ON REDMI NOTE 11/T POCO M4 PRO 5G

Search This thread
Successfully installed CorvusOS 3.0 GSI with Gapps!

However, as mentioned in comments above, do not flash vbmeta and do not delete logical partition. This GSI installation will fail if you do, and you can even end up with a hard brick in some cases.

For anyone interested in trying out Corvus:

- you can download the "arm64_ab-Gapps" here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/tipzbuilds/files/GSIs/CorvusROM/Beta/20220603/
- Extract the .img file
- go into fastbootd (fastboot reboot fastboot)
- fastboot flash system GSI_NAME.img
- fastboot reboot recovery, then wipe data
- optional to make sure: go back into normal fastboot and use "fastboot -w" to erase data
- boot to system

If you get a message stating that the image is too big for system partition, you can install the "arm64_ab" without Gapps.
For some reason I got this message at first, installed without Gapps and booted to system, then re-tried with Gapps and it ended up working..
How many more gsi you tested ?

Eidenz

How many more gsi you tested ?

On this device? Only this one.

Because I tested a lot of GSI on different devices, and from all of them Corvus is the only one I've seen fit to stay on my device.
Best in terms of customization while keeping the Android 12L vibe. Also stable and good for games.

From memory, I've tried DescendantOS, AOSP, Ancient OS, ArrowOS, LineageOS, Pixel Experience, Cherish OS, Havoc and crDroid.

My top 3 is Corvus, Cherish and crDroid. They all have great customization, but Corvus includes more Pixel-only features at the moment.

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
POCO m4 pro 5g

Vibration now works on miui 13.
fastboot rom
evergreen_global_images_V13.0.2.0.SGBMIXM_20220622.0000.00_12.0_global_b6b2149cdb.tgz

Flash this with miflash and then flash the GSI image.
magisk v25.1 can also be installed without any problems.

There was a mistake in what I wrote before.
sorry.

Last edited:

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
Hi.
Regarding magisk update

Excerption:
You can't update Magisk through the Magisk App on this phone as this device does not allow writing to the boot partition at runtime. As such you have to update it manually:

In the case of POCO M4 Pro 4g(Fleur), but I think it also applies to poco m4pro 5g.
I couldn't update.
Let's create the boot image manually with the latest magisk .

newboihere

Feb 16, 2019
Hello guys, I am trying to put together information from your posts to learn how to Install OrangeFox.

@stratonz said:
GSI INSTALL EASY (poco m4 pro 5g/evergreen)
I've made a lot of attempts and spent a lot of time but now I've installed four different GSI in a row (to test if method works...)
It's not a case to loose time with vbmeta dmverity etc I've followed these steps:
  1. download new orangefox recovery -- https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/new_fox-img.5566007/
  2. reboot in fastboot (power + volume down)
  3. flash latest official firmware with XiaoMiFlash tool
  4. reboot in fastboot if needed
  5. fastboot flash New_fox.img
  6. fastboot reboot recovery
  7. in setting OTA & ROM I've flagged "Disable DM-verity", Disable crypto, disable blah blah recovery (the latest downside...)
  8. reboot in fastboot (is already FASTBOOTD, normal fastboot is signed as bootloader...) or power off, reboot inin fastboot and then "fastboot reboot fastboot" (in both case, you'll go in fastbootd via orangefox recovery)
  9. fastboot flash system system.img (your GSI rom... I use a vanilla version and then I install gapps via magisk-gapps, so I haven't space problem inside SUPER partition )
  10. fastboot -w
  11. fastboot erase userdata (if this command doesn't work type fastboot reboot bootloader then fastboot erase userdata)
  12. fastboot reboot
  13. if new rom start but remains in boot phase then I power off, restart in recovery (power + volume up) and format data partition from inside orange fox
For me this has always worked. I've seen that is possible to change rom version or variant (normal / vndk) only repeating steps 8-9 and 12-13, without formatting data, just like a "dirty install".

I hope I was helpful.
By other side, @arraki made another post with new_twrp.img and new_fox.img files (thank you!) and explain that it is as simple as flashing one of them as boot partition (but later mentions a lot of issues and repairs and mixed information, I cannot understand what was his conclusion).

At the Orange Fox website clearly state that, after flashing with fastboot is very important to enter in recovery and install from the zip file. "fastboot boot <recoveryimage.img> is a one-time-only access to that recovery to be able to install the zip file from there:

Both of you suggest to "fastboot flash boot new_XXX.img" but do not mention at all any new_XXX.zip.
Do you have any new information about how to do it in a clean way?

Also, fastboot boot or boot_a? from normal fastboot or fastbootD?

Thank you guys!

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
Hi
@newboihere

Unfortunately @arraki doesn't seem to own this smartphone anymore. arraki has completely lost interest in this smartphone.

In addition, "fastboot boot <recoveryimage.img>" cannot be used with this model. The command is not allowed by Xiaomi.

There is no TWRP compatible with Android 12 yet, so it is better to give up.
I don't know why everyone wants to use TWRP or FOX with GSI in the first place ...

Last edited:

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
POCO X4 Pro
Yes, I don't have this smartphone anymore. And about the installation of Orange Fox: The fact is that this recovery has a lot of additions, and in order to put them all, you need to flash the archive. But even without this, recovery works quite normally

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
Yes, I don't have this smartphone anymore. And about the installation of Orange Fox: The fact is that this recovery has a lot of additions, and in order to put them all, you need to flash the archive. But even without this, recovery works quite normally

Hi
I want you to buy this again !!!!
What was the bad point? I'm interested.

Recently, this smartphone has been updated to MIUI 13 and is now an Android 12 vendor.
Orengefox will start, but the system will not.
Also, the data partition cannot be decrypted.
I think this was possible with the android11 vendor.
However, I don't know because I rarely use orengefox.
I don't think it can be used without rebuilding, but what about?

newboihere

Feb 16, 2019
Hi guys,

Thank you, I am learning so much here...

About Orange fox, after flashing it and enter in recovery, there is a nice option to rebuild itself directly from recovery, so no need of any zip. Everything in Orange fox seem to work fine, but as @kousuke5555 said, cannot boot the system, I have tried with several roms (didn't know it was due to the new Android version).

About decryption, it fails even using the same password than on the system, I suppose that is what @kousuke5555 means. But it can be formatted and wiped, so I do not know if that would be an inconvenience for installing new roms.

Then, by now, there is nothing I can do with OrangeFox on this phone? should I reinstall the stock recovery and flash the roms directly with fastbootD? EDIT: I just made that and everything is fine, using CorvusOS right now.

My only reason for using a custom recovery was the easy way to make backups of different custom roms, as explained on the other post, but it is not urgent.

Thank you for all your help!

Last edited:

arraki

Feb 26, 2014
POCO X4 Pro
Hi
I want you to buy this again !!!!
What was the bad point? I'm interested.

Recently, this smartphone has been updated to MIUI 13 and is now an Android 12 vendor.
Orengefox will start, but the system will not.
Also, the data partition cannot be decrypted.
I think this was possible with the android11 vendor.
However, I don't know because I rarely use orengefox.
I don't think it can be used without rebuilding, but what about?
I just took another smartphone Redmi Note 11 Pro 5g for myself, I like it more with its design.
About recovery:if possible, throw off the boot.img from android 12 here, I will rebuild the recovery with another kernel. But I don't promise that it will work.

kousuke5555

Jan 25, 2022
POCO M4 Pro 5G
I just took another smartphone Redmi Note 11 Pro 5g for myself, I like it more with its design.
About recovery:if possible, throw off the boot.img from android 12 here, I will rebuild the recovery with another kernel. But I don't promise that it will work.

That's good.
The Redmi Note 11 Pro 5g looks good.

If this smartphone boot loops, I can fix it myself.
Please upload without worrying about it.
Please take your time.

Thank you.

Atnikk

Aug 11, 2022
at first i've got an error
C:\Users\Colt\Desktop\sex>fastboot flash system system.img
Invalid sparse file format at header magic
Resizing 'system_a' FAILED (remote: 'Not enough space to resize partition')
fastboot: error: Command failed
then i tried doing the same like 2 times (everything until flash system(i got stuck there)), then i tried flashing the attached vbmeta file first and when i tried rebooting into fastbootd, my device went bootloop and now i can't enter Fastboot/Recovery POCO M4 Pro 5G. I need help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, destroyed SD cards or any
    damage that may happen to your device.

Requirements:
    Unlocked bootloader.

WARNING

Don't use nippon gsi they aren't working,I recommend using phh gsi by phusson lineage os by Andyyan and PE 12 by ponces

How to guide:

Power + volume down button

fastboot reboot fastboot

Install fastbootd drivers,follow this tutorial

fastboot set_active a

fastboot delete-logical-partition product

fastboot erase system

fastboot flash system (name gsi.img)

fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta (vbmeta.img mod or patch)

fastboot flash vbmeta_b (vbmeta.img mod or patch)

fastboot set_active a

fastboot reboot recovery

in recovery select wipe data

Reboot to system

rom Will be installed in your phone ;)

bugs:
    No bugs

Recommended roms:

Pixel experience:

Select arm64 ab variant

If brightness slider is broken:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings enable "use alternative brightness scale", "use linear screen brightness slider" and "allow setting brightness to the lowest possible",reboot the device

Id bluetooth audio is broken:

Go to phh treble settings,misc settings, "Force enable a2dp off-load" and "Bluetooth workarounds" select mediatek option and reboot the device

How to install magisk on your device:

How to flash gapps:
    You will need magisk on your phone

Download this file then flash from magisk

Hello, which vbmeta do you use? Thanks
    Search it on google its same for all devices
    I don't have that phone, you can try the steps to install Magisk in the link below,
    Thanks . did you succeed with Note 11T?
    GSI INSTALL EASY (poco m4 pro 5g/evergreen)
    I've made a lot of attempts and spent a lot of time but now I've installed four different GSI in a row (to test if method works...)
    It's not a case to loose time with vbmeta dmverity etc I've followed these steps:
    1. download new orangefox recovery -- https://forum.xda-developers.com/attachments/new_fox-img.5566007/
    2. reboot in fastboot (power + volume down)
    3. flash latest official firmware with XiaoMiFlash tool
    4. reboot in fastboot if needed
    5. fastboot flash New_fox.img
    6. fastboot reboot recovery
    7. in setting OTA & ROM I've flagged "Disable DM-verity", Disable crypto, disable blah blah recovery (the latest downside...)
    8. reboot in fastboot (is already FASTBOOTD, normal fastboot is signed as bootloader...) or power off, reboot inin fastboot and then "fastboot reboot fastboot" (in both case, you'll go in fastbootd via orangefox recovery)
    9. fastboot flash system system.img (your GSI rom... I use a vanilla version and then I install gapps via magisk-gapps, so I haven't space problem inside SUPER partition )
    10. fastboot -w
    11. fastboot erase userdata (if this command doesn't work type fastboot reboot bootloader then fastboot erase userdata)
    12. fastboot reboot
    13. if new rom start but remains in boot phase then I power off, restart in recovery (power + volume up) and format data partition from inside orange fox
    For me this has always worked. I've seen that is possible to change rom version or variant (normal / vndk) only repeating steps 8-9 and 12-13, without formatting data, just like a "dirty install".

I hope I was helpful.
    Now I'd like to know if is it possible to flash GSI remaining inside orangefox or twrp, i.e. without using a pc...
    It is possible, but for this it is necessary to convert the gsi firmware so that they can be flashed through the recovery. I haven't tried it myself, but there is such a converter, after conversion in it, an archive is obtained that can be flashed through recovery.