[GUIDE] How to install Internal Android 10 build for Nokia 6.1 (non TA-1054)

Search This thread

hikari_calyx

If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.
WARNING!
This is early internal test build, so LATER OTA UPDATES CAN'T BE GUARANTEED!
If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!
Please be careful when testing!

To users who have installed this internal build, please share your experience report here if you're willing to, thanks.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone. To fix microphone bug, please disable the microphone permission of the "Google" app.
You'll lose "OK Google" ability, but you can make telephone call properly.

Now I think it's time to bring you back to canary labs faster than beta labs.

Internal build version: PL2-4040-0-00WW-B01
It will be updated from: PL2-354N-0-00WW-B01, which is released October 2019 Security Update

As I've warned before - having an unlocked bootloader is strongly recommended.

So recent builds removed handy 874 dialing codes, we have to install them under recovery or Nokia Extensions.

Let me tell you how to verify:
1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than PL2-354N-0-00WW-B01, update to 354N before proceed.
FYI, 354N is October 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

2. Install PL2-4040-0-00WW-B01-354N-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with Nokia Extensions OTA Update module or adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
If minor fixes released, I will upload them as well, then use the same method to install it.
To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released October 12th, 2019 or newer.

Download link:

Last edited:

OctoNezd

Jun 16, 2017
Moscow
Installed it on my TA-1043.
OS installed fine over adb sideload, everything seems to be working, and it shows "5" next to my wifi icon - guess it's cause it's 5GHz, also the mobile data icon is still not AOSP and some custom thing. Menus kinda feel stutter-ish. Screenshots were broken on first boot.

Last edited:

st3f1k

Dec 4, 2017
how to use magisk?
i tryed to patch boot on magisk and boot from ADB, but phone going n bootloop and doesn't want up

Last edited:

solozeeh

Jan 17, 2014
Hi @hikari_calyx I'm currently on the DRG-354N-0-00WW-B01 stock build version with an unlocked bootloader. But the version on the post has PLC. Also, if after sideloading this rom I decide to go back to the October PIE update how hard will that be. Thanks.

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
Getting error when the camera app is set to save photo to sd card.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

So right now for me on the Internal Stock... I cannot boot any TWRP of any kind or boot any patched magisk boot img. Has anyone been able to boot either TWRP or boot a patched boot img from magisk?

Last edited:

kazekiri

May 11, 2016
Hi. DRG is Nokia 6.1 Plus. This thread is for Nokia 6.1 (2018) which is PL2.

The confusion is caused by the fact that the Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) forum on XDA was recently deleted and now redirects here.

Apparently XDA is working to restore the DRG forum but it will take some time. Until that is done you can expect to see a lot of confused DRG users here on the PL2 forum. Please help them out if you can. :p

joshclaudio

Mar 4, 2014
Pampanga
The confusion is caused by the fact that the Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) forum on XDA was recently deleted and now redirects here.

Apparently XDA is working to restore the DRG forum but it will take some time. Until that is done you can expect to see a lot of confused DRG users here on the PL2 forum. Please help them out if you can. :p

Yeah, noticed that, too. I've been experiencing redirect problems since yesterday. Anyway, I installed Android 10 leaked internal build on my Nokia 6.1 Plus with a locked bootloader :silly: . Been using it for more than 48 hours and I have not faced any major issue, except for the not working microphone during calls (plugging in earphones can suffice, though).

Reactions: kazekiri

kazekiri

May 11, 2016
Hi @hikari_calyx I'm currently on the DRG-354N-0-00WW-B01 stock build version with an unlocked bootloader. But the version on the post has PLC. Also, if after sideloading this rom I decide to go back to the October PIE update how hard will that be. Thanks.

Here's the link for the DRG version for anyone who needs it. (Since the DRG forum is currently down.)
Only install this if you are using a Nokia 6.1 Plus or X6 (DRG). DO NOT try to install on Nokia 6.1 2018 (PL2).
https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300344

Last edited:
Reactions: lizard999

kaktyys71

Mar 31, 2014
Tula
Hi hikari calyx! Please help me downgrade my Nokia 6.1 to Android 9. Bootloader locked

Last edited:

Solannae

Mar 11, 2015
Hi hikari calyx! Please help me downgrade my Nokia 6.1 to Android 9. Bootloader locked

"If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!"

Literally on top of the OP post. As every downgrade/restoration method needs an unlocked bootloader, you can either unlock yours (paid external service), or wait for an eventual OTA zip (not guaranteed, as stated by the OP) that will bring you back on Android 10 official Beta/Release in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

kaktyys71

Mar 31, 2014
Tula
"If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!"

Literally on top of the OP post. As every downgrade/restoration method needs an unlocked bootloader, you can either unlock yours (paid external service), or wait for an eventual OTA zip (not guaranteed, as stated by the OP) that will bring you back on Android 10 official Beta/Release in a couple of weeks.

Project Treble A/B? B slot don't help me?

Solannae

Mar 11, 2015
I guess it ils worth a try. Reboot to bootloader, then "fastboot getvar all" to get active slot and "fastboot --set-active=[a/b, your inactive slot]
The thing is, with official OTA updates, once the update is over and everything went well, the previous slot is not necessarily in a bootable/usable state anymore. It is not the case with most custom roms/gsi as you either update directly on the current slot or on the other without modifying the active one, so you can switch between slots without issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: kazekiri

Danny1976

Sep 27, 2009
Sanford
Project Treble A/B? B slot don't help me?

If you switch inactive slot to active slot and reboot... it will ask to do a factory reset. Perform the factory reset and you should be back to the Pie version. Use the fastboot commands Solannae posted above.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Battery draining fast on Internal Android 10.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.
    WARNING!
    This is early internal test build, so LATER OTA UPDATES CAN'T BE GUARANTEED!
    If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!
    Please be careful when testing!

To users who have installed this internal build, please share your experience report here if you're willing to, thanks.

UPDATE: Thanks everyone. To fix microphone bug, please disable the microphone permission of the "Google" app.
    You'll lose "OK Google" ability, but you can make telephone call properly.

Now I think it's time to bring you back to canary labs faster than beta labs.

Internal build version: PL2-4040-0-00WW-B01
    It will be updated from: PL2-354N-0-00WW-B01, which is released October 2019 Security Update

As I've warned before - having an unlocked bootloader is strongly recommended.

So recent builds removed handy 874 dialing codes, we have to install them under recovery or Nokia Extensions.

Let me tell you how to verify:
    1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than PL2-354N-0-00WW-B01, update to 354N before proceed.
    FYI, 354N is October 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

2. Install PL2-4040-0-00WW-B01-354N-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with Nokia Extensions OTA Update module or adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
    If minor fixes released, I will upload them as well, then use the same method to install it.
    To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released October 12th, 2019 or newer.

Download link:
    alternate download links like google drive?
    The update wont install
    version no. :pL2-354O-0-00WW-B01
    Update: "Photo" mode in stock camera is broken, says "Action not support: 708". Pro mode works fine

Yeah, noticed that, too. I've been experiencing redirect problems since yesterday. Anyway, I installed Android 10 leaked internal build on my Nokia 6.1 Plus with a locked bootloader :silly: . Been using it for more than 48 hours and I have not faced any major issue, except for the not working microphone during calls (plugging in earphones can suffice, though).