[GUIDE] How to install Internal Android 10 build for Nokia 6.1 Plus X6

Search This thread

hikari_calyx

If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.
WARNING!
This is early internal test build, so LATER OTA UPDATES CAN'T BE GUARANTEED!
If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!
Please be careful when testing!

Now I think it's time to bring you back to canary labs faster than beta labs.

Internal build version: DRG-4040-0-00WW-B01
It will be updated from: DRG-354N-0-00WW-B01, which is released October 2019 Security Update

As I've warned before - having an unlocked bootloader is strongly recommended.

So recent builds removed handy 874 dialing codes, we have to install them under recovery or Nokia Extensions.
Non-Chinese speaking users should ignore this quote.
中国用户如需从百度网盘下载,这些内测包发布在了诺记吧。

UPDATE: Thanks everyone. To fix microphone bug, please disable the microphone permission of the "Google" app.
You'll lose "OK Google" ability, but you can make telephone call properly.

Let me tell you how to verify:
1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than B2N-354N-0-00WW-B01, update to 354N before proceed.
FYI, 354N is October 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

2. Install DRG-4040-0-00WW-B01-354N-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with Nokia Extensions OTA Update module or adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
If minor fixes released, I will upload them as well, then use the same method to install it.
To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released today (October 12th, 2019) or newer.

Download link:

Project deprecated. Thanks for supporting us.
Final build: https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../07330e258c1095c5eea9e1b697bb4ea8d92ebc9e.zip (DRG-410C-0-00WW-B03-update.zip)

You may install it on any existing builds so far.

Last edited:

CarbonGTR

Sep 12, 2019
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
People trying to install Quickswitch with Lawnchair, please be warned as when you set Lawnchair as default launcher, The phone gets stuck on Nokia Logo after a reboot.

Also the mic doesn't pick up voice/noise at all unless you turn on speaker phone.

To get Volte, Go into settings - mobile networks - Turn on Enhanced LTE and select the 4G(Recommended) option.

BOBxibyt

Jan 13, 2014
Port harcourt
Am on October build security patch and I've not unlocked my bootloader how do I go about this am using the Nokia 6.1 plus

And this mic issue is it for calls or mic in general??

ps_minky16

Sep 6, 2015
New Delhi
Adb sideload doesn't seem to work. It finishes quickly and says "Total xfer: 0.00x " with no error, but nothing has changed. Still Android 9.
That's becoz sideload requires you to be on Oct 2019 security patch first.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Am on October build security patch and I've not unlocked my bootloader how do I go about this am using the Nokia 6.1 plus

It's not for locked bootloader.

Hymix

Apr 28, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I am on the October patch. Screenshot_20191015-174404.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

CarbonGTR

Sep 12, 2019
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
I am on the October patch.
Then try putting the update zip on your SD card and select the apply update from SD Card option.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I don't know exactly, But I think the mic should be affected everywhere.

Hymix

Apr 28, 2016
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Then try putting the update zip on your SD card and select the apply update from SD Card option.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

I don't know exactly, But I think the mic should be affected everywhere.
Updating from SD didn't work either. It just says error updating.... No error code.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

ardestani

Oct 20, 2019
diffrent model

in downoad page has written this is for nokia x6 (TA-1099) but mine is nokia 6.1 plus (TA-1116 4gb ram ) could i use this update.zip?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.
    WARNING!
    This is early internal test build, so LATER OTA UPDATES CAN'T BE GUARANTEED!
    If you don't have unlocked bootloader, you'll unable to roll back to stable build!
    Please be careful when testing!

Now I think it's time to bring you back to canary labs faster than beta labs.

Internal build version: DRG-4040-0-00WW-B01
    It will be updated from: DRG-354N-0-00WW-B01, which is released October 2019 Security Update

As I've warned before - having an unlocked bootloader is strongly recommended.

So recent builds removed handy 874 dialing codes, we have to install them under recovery or Nokia Extensions.
    Non-Chinese speaking users should ignore this quote.
    中国用户如需从百度网盘下载,这些内测包发布在了诺记吧。

UPDATE: Thanks everyone. To fix microphone bug, please disable the microphone permission of the "Google" app.
    You'll lose "OK Google" ability, but you can make telephone call properly.

Let me tell you how to verify:
    1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than B2N-354N-0-00WW-B01, update to 354N before proceed.
    FYI, 354N is October 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

2. Install DRG-4040-0-00WW-B01-354N-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with Nokia Extensions OTA Update module or adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
    If minor fixes released, I will upload them as well, then use the same method to install it.
    To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released today (October 12th, 2019) or newer.

Download link:

Project deprecated. Thanks for supporting us.
    Final build: https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../07330e258c1095c5eea9e1b697bb4ea8d92ebc9e.zip (DRG-410C-0-00WW-B03-update.zip)

You may install it on any existing builds so far.

Android 10 Review and Rolling back to 9 Pie

Hi guys,

I have a Nokia 6.1 Plus (TA-1116) with LOCKED bootloader and I flashed this leaked Android 10 build on my phone, maybe 2 weeks ago.
    Here are the problems that I have encountered with this build:
    • Microphone during calls. Plugging in earphones with a built-in mic is a workaround.
    • Camera. Stock and GCam (I tried several versions) are inconsistent. Sometimes, the camera takes photos without any problems; sometimes, it doesn't. A reboot might or might not temporarily solve the problem.

Other than the above list, the phone was working superbly with Android 10. Animations are fluid, dark mode is great, and the navigation gestures work without problems. However, I decided to roll back to Android 9 Pie because of the camera issue.

If you want to know how to do it, follow the steps below:
    WARNING: This will wipe your phone's data partition.

1. Have adb and fastboot (platform tools) installed on your PC.
    2. Reboot the phone to Download (or Fastboot) Mode
    3. Open terminal / cmd / powershell on PC.
    4. Check what slot is currently active on your phone by typing:
      Code:
      fastboot getvar current-slot
    5. In my case, my phone's active slot was set to b
    6. Change the active slot by typing
      Code:
      fastboot --set-active=a
      or
      Code:
      fastboot --set-active=b
    7. Since I was on b, I changed my active slot to a
    8. Reboot the phone
    9. You will be prompted to wipe data, just proceed with wiping the data and reboot.
    10. Welcome back to Android 9 Pie with October 2019 Security patch.

Let me know if it works for you. :fingers-crossed: :highfive:
    To subscribers:

This topic is now deprecated.
    If you have existing leaked build installed, you may sideload this directly to official: https://android.googleapis.com/pack.../07330e258c1095c5eea9e1b697bb4ea8d92ebc9e.zip
    Nice :) I am on it but facing mic issues it works only if the speaker mode is on.
    A huge thanks! It can be installed on any Pie build as well? Am I right?

Yes.
    And for Chinese Nokia X6 users, you can flash any Android 8 Global firmware (remember to change SKUID to 600WW) and install it by handy *#*#874#*#* command.

The package need to be renamed to

Code:
    DRG-410C-0-00WW-B03-update.zip