[GUIDE] How to install Internal Android 10 Build for Nokia 9 PureView

hikari_calyx

Jul 20, 2016
Wuhan
hikaricalyx.com
If you want to repost this internal OTA to other websites (other than XDA itself), please ask me for permission, thanks.
Alright.
AOP-513D-0-00WW-B03 (V5.13D_B03) here is same to the official release. So if you have installed this build, just enjoy it.
You will get later updates like regular Nokia 9 Devices.

To those who are still running 5xxx builds older than 513D B03, please download packages here.
To users who have installed this internal build, please share your experience report here if you're willing to, thanks.

Now I think Android 10 for Nokia 9 is stable enough and will be released to public soon, so I think it's time to post it here.
If HMD will push Android 10 officially, you can install it under ADB sideload easily and link will be posted here.

Internal build version: AOP-513B-0-00WW-B01
It will be updated from: AOP-427F-0-00WW-B01, which is released October 2019 Security Update.

Let me tell you how to verify:
1. Dial *#*#227#*#* to check current Version. If older than AOP-427F-0-00WW-B01, update to 427F before proceed.
FYI, 427F is October 2019 Security Update.

Alternately, you can use command "fastboot oem getversions" under fastboot mode / Download mode to check current firmware version.

2. Install AOP-513A-0-00WW-B01-427F-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with adb sideload under recovery.

3. Reboot to normal OS and recovery again - it's not over yet.

4. Install AOP-513B-0-00WW-B01-513A-0-00WW-B01-update.zip with adb sideload under recovery.

5. Reboot your phone.

That's it.
If Android 10 official update pushed publicly, link will be updated here.
To root the phone, you may want to use Magisk 20 released October 12th, 2019 or newer. I've uploaded stock boot image here if you have unlocked bootloader. There's no "Flashing is not rooted for fused device" issue under 5xxx build.

You can check overall experiences here (prototype, though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6ScYgISGFg

Download link:

To prevent throttle error, I didn't upload them to Google Drive or other cloud storages. Sorry for inconvenience.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=300249

Last edited:

Ocean'Depth

Aug 26, 2018
Peterborough, ON
Just installed on my Nokia 9 TA-1087, works perfectly. No bugs found so far. So far so good. Animations really smooth, camera launch is significantly faster than Android 9. The dark mode is not fully dark but that was expected. Overall excellent experience. Definitely worth the update.

Mr.Vag

May 28, 2017
Thessaloniki
Ok done. Flashed... All working very well without bugs.
Battery life seems better on 10. There is no night mode on camera :( i hope add it to next updates...

mapleshadow

Feb 18, 2006
Mod edit - Translated by Google Translate:
427F full package download address please provide trouble, thanks
427F全量包下载地址麻烦提供下,感谢啦

Last edited by a moderator:

dan.socea

Mar 14, 2013
Hi there! Is the device certified or not after installing this software version? I'm thinking, if not, maybe the mobile banking apps won't work on it

BotijoMNF

May 31, 2018
I installed it a while ago and it seems pretty stable and fast, the face recognition doesn't work as well tho. Also its a shame when you switch the dark theme on it doesn't make the boot dark as well, like the pixels. Everything else is working great! Thanks for sharing the build :good:

PS: I didn't have to root or anything, I just downloaded the two builds and updated using the stock recovery via adb sideload, it works on a non rooted fully stock phone, which is awesome :D

Last edited:

havran77

Jun 19, 2008
Any idea if there is possibility to revert back to stock ROM? I found only nb0 firmwares that seems is not able to flash to Nokia 9 with Nokia flash took.

Thanks.

sev7en

Jul 10, 2006
www.maccopoli.net
Thank you! I am on it now...

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

How can I flash it into the recovery? If I boot on the recovery via adb I have "No Command" menu... what should I flash before?

Thanks!!!

graphreak

Mar 24, 2006
On my Android powered mobile ;)
Thank you, I guess my model is not compatible as when I sideload I get that error:
"Package is for product AOP_sprout but expeced fih_sdm845"

I have the single sim edition available from UAE.

There is any OTA for that?

Cheers,
Not aware of any OTA available for UAE model.
It is the Nokia 9 Pureview? What's the Model Number?
Mine is a single SIM too but, for US/North America with Model number TA-1082.

sev7en

Jul 10, 2006
www.maccopoli.net
Not aware of any OTA available for UAE model.
It is the Nokia 9 Pureview? What's the Model Number?
Mine is a single SIM too but, for US/North America with Model number TA-1082.
Hello,
my model is TA-1082, single sim. I purchased it in Dubai... but when I flash for the OTA upgrade, it shows the message as above. Why?

EDIT: My build number is: 00WW_4_27D_SP02

BotijoMNF

May 31, 2018
Feedback of issues I have gotten so far:
- Phone freezes when playing videos.
- Network connectivity drops to nothing randomly.
- Google Pay doesn't work without internet.

Feedback on improvements:
- Phone faster and more responsive.
- Better battery life after a week.

Is anyone having these issues or is it just me, and also how do we return to stock rom in case something goes bad? I haven't unlocked the bootloader or rooted the phone so I'm unaware on how to do this just in case.