[GUIDE] How to install JellyBean 4.1.1 with Sense 4+ ROMs | Easier method! 1.23/1.28

Search This thread

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Hi, thanks for the clear explanation.

So this means that I can simply re-flash stock rom, lock bootloader, then get official OTA to upgrade my hboot, then unlock my bootloader again to enjoy the custom JB roms?
Yes, flash back to stock rom by using the latest available ruu, there's no need to relock bootloader. When the OTA is received apply the update which will update your hboot version and you can then use any of the JB custom roms available.
Tried method 2 with OrDroid 8.3 but getting a bootloop.

What I've done so far:
  1. done a backup
  2. fastboot erase cache
  3. flashed OrDroid
  4. flashed TripNReVeR's kernel
  5. fastboot erase cache
  6. fastboot flash boot boot.img
  7. reboot
Thought this way works for all (no matter what CID they have), but I don't get the OS running. Any tips?
Did you do a full wipe? It seems you only erased cache in fastboot. You need to do a complete wipe using either recovery or else Mike (ARHD) has a SuperWipe.zip in his thread. Which boot.img file did you flash, the one from TripNRaver's kernel or the one from the JB rom?

louisvdbos

Feb 28, 2009
Delft
Hi clideB1
Thanks for your help things are working now.....;)
I have 1 question when i connect my phone to my pc i cant choose as i use to can from charge only, or diskdrive, and synchronise is that because of JB or is it something else?
Thanks again for your help

Greetings Louis

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Hi clideB1
Thanks for your help things are working now.....;)
I have 1 question when i connect my phone to my pc i cant choose as i use to can from charge only, or diskdrive, and synchronise is that because of JB or is it something else?
Thanks again for your help

Greetings Louis

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda app-developers app
That is due to JB. Google have changed the way that devices are recognized with JB and now use MTP rather than USB Mass Storage, so the phone now shows up as a media device on your pc and it should be automatic

ULAMSS5

Apr 7, 2012
Thank you ClydeB1! Not needing to relock and reunlock bootloader really saves a lot of time! :)

Atlantics

Oct 31, 2012
Hi, all
I have HTC OneX with CID HTC__044 and latest stock firmware
HTC Asia WWE 2.17.707.3
Radio_2.1204.135.20
hboot 1.12
android 4.0.4
sense 4.1

Is it possible in any way to install the HBOOT version 1.31 or 1.33 to flash the custom JB??

Last edited:

prootc1

May 3, 2007
FAFE
www.interactivetouch.pt
i try to update firmware, but got ERROR:

C:\adb>fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
sending 'zip' (13033 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.726s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)
finished. total time: 3.204s

Help me anyone? I need the hboot 1.31 to flash insertcoin v13?

Regards

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
i try to update firmware, but got ERROR:

C:\adb>fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
sending 'zip' (13033 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.726s]
writing 'zip'...
(bootloader) adopting the signature contained in this image...
(bootloader) signature checking...
(bootloader) checking model ID...
(bootloader) checking custom ID...
FAILED (remote: 42 custom id check fail)
finished. total time: 3.204s

Help me anyone? I need the hboot 1.31 to flash insertcoin v13?

Regards

According to that error message you don't have a compatible CID and therefore can't flash the new hboot. You,have to wait until the OTA is released for your CID. What CID do you have?

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Sorry for the question but what boot.img do i need? I am currently on ViperX Firmware ICS.
The flashing of the stock boot.img is not necessary. Just relock bootloader, the phone should reboot to bootloader mode, then enter command fastboot oem rebootRUU and then flash the firmware.zip. There is also no need for the adb reboot oem-78 command.

Reactions: Dacoco

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Last edited:
Reactions: trippinz

ady_seray

Jul 19, 2012
Manchester
I am so confused... I have CID HTC_622 which means x.xx.708.xx right? But the software version on mine now is 2.17.401.2! And besides my phone is not branded, it works on any.network!

So why I have to keep eating ice cream? I mean it's winter and I want some jellybeans yo!

Sent from my BRICKED Venom spitting HTC One X

FuL_75

Apr 23, 2007
[...]

Step 5: Flash the firmware!

Now you have booted your phone, stay on homescreen and use the following command in CMD.exe: adb reboot oem-78

Now your phone is rebooting and a black screen with silver HTC logo appears.

Remember you have firmware.zip copied to your C:\ drive!!!

Use the following command now: fastboot flash zip C:\firmware.zip
The first time you will see that this command will fail, just repeat the command and this time it will succeed!

Now you see in CMD.exe that the firmware.zip is successfully pushed! The black HTC screen stays with a full green bar under it.
Now use the command: adb reboot-bootloader
Stay in the bootloader for now.

Step 6: Download HTC One X All In One Toolkit

Download it from this thread (credits go to hasoon2000): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604439

Step 7: Unlock your device again!

Now you are in the HBOOT mode, you can unlock your device again. I have used the tool you just downloaded.

If you have unlocked your device before you still have your unlock.bin in your inbox from HTCDev.com. Download this again and put it in the folder 'data' in the folder of the All In One Toolkit.

Stay in fastboot with your phone connected to the PC or laptop and open the All In One Toolkit. Choose '5. Unlock Bootloader'.

Now you get a black screen with 2 options: Lock Device and Unlock Device. Choose with your volume button 'Unlock Device' and confirm with the power button. Now you are unlocked again!

Step 8: Flash Recovery

Now you are unlocked again, stay in fastboot mode and use the All In One Tool.
Choose: CWM 5.8.4.0. Now you have installed successfully CWM recovery.

Step 9: Flash boot.img and install the ROM

Flash the boot.img of the JellyBean Sense ROM. When done, go in recovery and flash the ROM.zip.

NOW YOU ARE DONE, AND CAN SUCCESSFULLY BOOT YOUR NEW ROM! A FRESH HTC ONE X EXPERIENCE :D

[...]

AFCAjax

I've already asked in another thread but I think this one is more up to date.

I'm still on stock ICS and haven't unlocked the phone yet.
Do I have to start from step 5 and then unlock the phone (for the first time)?

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
I am so confused... I have CID HTC_622 which means x.xx.708.xx right? But the software version on mine now is 2.17.401.2! And besides my phone is not branded, it works on any.network!

So why I have to keep eating ice cream? I mean it's winter and I want some jellybeans yo!

Sent from my BRICKED Venom spitting HTC One X
Yes, cid HTC__622 = x.xx.708.xx - Hong Kong region. The software version you are seeing as 2.17.401 is the version of the custom rom you are using. To see your real main version you need to enter command fastboot getvar version-main. You can only update to JB with an updated hboot. You will require 1.31 or 1.33 and this is currently not available for your cid.
I've already asked in another thread but I think this one is more up to date.

I'm still on stock ICS and haven't unlocked the phone yet.
Do I have to start from step 5 and then unlock the phone (for the first time)?
Yes, start at step 5

radu_radu

Mar 30, 2008
Alba Iulia
hi ClydeB1,

HTC Asia WWE 2.17.707.3
Radio_2.1204.135.20
hboot 1.12

Is it possible in any way to install the custom JB with method 2??
Everything is working if i use this method? if not, can i restore a nandroid backup?
thank you!

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
hi ClydeB1,

HTC Asia WWE 2.17.707.3
Radio_2.1204.135.20
hboot 1.12

Is it possible in any way to install the custom JB with method 2??
Everything is working if i use this method? if not, can i restore a nandroid backup?
thank you!
You can use method 2, but not everything is working. The main bug is that there's no sound. You can restore a nandroid backup, no problem just remember to flash the boot.img from the backup as well..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FULL GUIDE:
    How to install JellyBean 4.1.1 with Sense 4+ ROMs

I see many people in all the JellyBean Sense threads asking questions about updating the HBOOT and CID etc.

Many people ask: Is it worth it? Definitely!!! The new HTC JellyBean build is smooth as hell and battery life is much improved.

It took me 3+ hours to get it all working, and finally had the ROM running. So, don't think you're done in a few minutes.

And the most important thing: KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You need some fastboot/adb knowledge. I am not responsible for any damage!

Things to prepare:

- Have the new ROM on your SD!
    InsertCoin 10.X.X - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1588669 by Baadnewz
    Android Revolution HD 11.0.X - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1562603 by Mike1986.
    HTC One MaXimus V4.X - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601543 by Football
    OrDroidX 4.X.X - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1836919 by Shnizlon
    - Have the boot.img on your PC or laptop

Step 1: Check your CID

Checking your CID is needed because a limited amount of HTC One X' can be updated to the new HBOOT which is needed for the new build.

Reboot your phone in fastboot mode (power-off + volume down), and connect it to your PC or laptop.

Use the following command: fastboot getvar cid

If the answer is 'cid: None' use this one: fastboot oem readcid

If your CID is one of the these you're good to go on:

cidnum: HTC__001
    cidnum: HTC__E11
    cidnum: HTC__203
    cidnum: HTC__102
    cidnum: HTC__405
    cidnum: HTC__Y13
    cidnum: HTC__A07
    cidnum: HTC__304
    cidnum: HTC__M27
    cidnum: HTC__032
    cidnum: HTC__016
    cidnum: HTC__J15

IF YOU HAVE NO CID NUMBER LISTED ABOVE, STOP NOW! You have to wait until the developers find a way to get it working on your device or an HTC release.

Step 2: Download the new firmware

The new firmware is needed to update your HBOOT for JellyBean

Download here (credits go to Baadnewz): http://d-h.st/tsm
    Copy the firmware.zip to C:\

Step 3: Reboot your phone in HBOOT

Reboot your phone back in fastboot mode (power-off + volume down).

Step 4: Relock your device

ONLY START HERE IF YOU ARE ON A BATTERY LEVEL OF 70% OR HIGHER, JUST TO BE SAFE!

Now you are in fastboot mode, let's relock your device!

First flash a stock boot.img, if you don't you will get in a bootloop.
    After this, use the following command to relock your device: fastboot oem lock
    To see if it is relocked, check the HBOOT mode, in pink font you will see on top ***RELOCKED***

Reboot your phone.

After locking, just reboot to bootlader and enter command - fastboot oem rebootRUU.

Just boot it and you are relocked now and ready for the next step!

Step 5: Flash the firmware!

Now you have booted your phone, stay on homescreen and use the following command in CMD.exe: adb reboot oem-78

Now your phone is rebooting and a black screen with silver HTC logo appears.

Remember you have firmware.zip copied to your C:\ drive!!!

Use the following command now: fastboot flash zip C:\firmware.zip
    The first time you will see that this command will fail, just repeat the command and this time it will succeed!

Now you see in CMD.exe that the firmware.zip is successfully pushed! The black HTC screen stays with a full green bar under it.
    Now use the command: adb reboot-bootloader
    Stay in the bootloader for now.

Step 6: Download HTC One X All In One Toolkit

Download it from this thread (credits go to hasoon2000): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1604439

Step 7: Unlock your device again!

Now you are in the HBOOT mode, you can unlock your device again. I have used the tool you just downloaded.

If you have unlocked your device before you still have your unlock.bin in your inbox from HTCDev.com. Download this again and put it in the folder 'data' in the folder of the All In One Toolkit.

Stay in fastboot with your phone connected to the PC or laptop and open the All In One Toolkit. Choose '5. Unlock Bootloader'.

Now you get a black screen with 2 options: Lock Device and Unlock Device. Choose with your volume button 'Unlock Device' and confirm with the power button. Now you are unlocked again!

Step 8: Flash Recovery

Now you are unlocked again, stay in fastboot mode and use the All In One Tool.
    Choose: CWM 5.8.4.0. Now you have installed successfully CWM recovery.

Step 9: Flash boot.img and install the ROM

Flash the boot.img of the JellyBean Sense ROM. When done, go in recovery and flash the ROM.zip.

NOW YOU ARE DONE, AND CAN SUCCESSFULLY BOOT YOUR NEW ROM! A FRESH HTC ONE X EXPERIENCE :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

METHOD 2: For everyone!!!

Credits go to Baadnews and TripNRaVeR, but this method is still BETA! USB Mounting does not work yet...

Step 1: Flash a new JellyBean Sense ROM of your choice

Do a full wipe in recovery.
    Flash one of the new JellyBean ROMs via Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Step 2: Flash a custom kernel

Flash this kernel from TripNRaVeR out of his thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1800603

Step 3: Flash boot.img

Extract the boot.img form the TripNRaVeR kernel and flash this one in fastboot

Step 4: Reboot

Reboot the phone and enjoy your new JellyBean Sense experience. This method is still in BETA, because of some bugs. A few devs are looking to get it all working for everyone!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

AFCAjax
    Let me gave all of you with cid not compatible with new hboot a review about JB sense in our phone.

1.Trip 3.1.1 kernel
    - Booting but no sound(music,in call,notification etc), no sd card, can't mount usb drive(otg), radio unstable.

2. Trip 3.4.11 kernel
    - Booting and solved sd problem but no sound as above, can't mound usb drive(otg), radio unstable.

3. chinese leaked 4.xxx.xxx kernel
    -Booting and stuck at HTC get start screen.

4. ARHD EB-4 kernel
    -Booting and stuck at HTC get start screen.

5. Ordroid JB kernel + EB-4 kernel + EB-4 ROM
    - Booting but no radio.

All above I've test it with sound mod flash, but nothing work and end with stuck at boot screen.

That all for now, I test it just to test usb OTG actually, but since no one dare to test it with kernel we have, so I just try my luck and ended with zero achievement.. @Baadnews said he want to help fix sound issues, but I really lazy to take logcat, so if anybody want it, flash trip 3.4 kernel and take a logcat for sound and send it to @baadnews to help him. I'm waiting trip 3.6 kernel to test, so let hope it settle any of bug we have. :)
    If anybody could ask trip to help, it is better, maybe we could include ICS sound lib in his kernel to fix sound issues.
    Happy that the most people use the info with succes. Today I am going to update the thread a little.

Cheers!

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X met Tapatalk

i will try to see if i can fix the sdcard mounting issue, but no promises
    Guy you may includ in your tutoriel how to for people with non CID-allowed... :

Flash latest JB rom with sense 4+ WITHOUT flashing newest hboot:

-> flash boot.img from Trip 3.1 kernel => MUST REPACK FOR THE ROM YOU WANT TO USE
    -> flash the JB rom

-> flash module from trip 3.1 kernel

Nothing more is needed (no relocking or anything else like for CID enable HOX) BUT here is som issue:

- It seems radio disconnect when phone is locked
    - SDCARD can't be read by the phone (JB read the phone storage and size of what's used / unused but tou can't see anything under media)

We are waiting on chefs kernel dev like Trip or Show-p to help us getting a fully fonctional JB rom !!
    Workaround to get JB without updating HBOOT

1. Flash the JB Rom of choice
    2. Flash the latest kernel zip from Trip's http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1800603
    3. reboot to bootloader and flash boot.img from Trip's zip
    4. Profit

P.S. you might encounter some bugs like sdcard mounting.