[GUIDE]How to install latest Marshmallow KDZ on the LG Spirit

Search This thread

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
Hello, as some of you may already know, we can't flash MM kdz on our LG Spirit using LG Flash Tool, so we have to use LG UP, a method which is also used by LG G4c owners. I drew the idea from them, since G4c and Spirit are practically the same devices. I've modified a script from G4c, all credits go to @bender_007.

So here are the steps:
1. Make sure you have USB drivers installed.
2. Download and install LG UP: http://www.filedropper.com/g4 ---- First install LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_3_23, then LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3.
3. Download the script that makes LG UP recognize our device as H440n(Courtesy of @bender_007, I only modified small parts of it). Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lbxdwloffi75qqg/AABfz5e9AIiSxipsnZQIiikGa?dl=0 (Download as zip)
4. Extract the zip and run h440n.bat
5. Connect your Spirit in MTP mode.
6. Run LG UP and wait for it to load.
7. Leave all settings as they are.
8. Under file path, browse to the kdz file you downloaded. NOTE: It won't show in the directory it is in, because the browse window sees only .tot files, so you have to manually type in the KDZ name in the text field and select it that way.
9. Click Start
10. Wait
11. ???
12. Profit! Enjoy your LG Spirit running Marshmallow!

G

guglicap

Thanks, I had to manually copy the dll in the LGUP folder, dunno if it's my fault, or script's fault though.

EDIT: It gives me an error on boot, about CUST not existing... Nothing important, I can continue to use it but it's rather annoying? Fixes? Thanks.

Last edited:

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Osijek
I suppose yours, because it worked for me flawlessly. If someone notices any errors in modifications I made to the script, feel free to correct me.
Depending on OS and security level it can happen, it might need an elevated access- Try: right click - run as administrator

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

jonixas

Nov 3, 2013
Vilnius
Had to also copy everything over manually, running as admin didn't help. I haven't done anything to my security settings and am running on the only account that was created with the install. I think it might have something to do with me running on dev mode though.

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Osijek
Had to also copy everything over manually, running as admin didn't help. I haven't done anything to my security settings and am running on the only account that was created with the install. I think it might have something to do with me running on dev mode though.
:) nah, I also run dev mode. No worries I'll create a desktop app which will then work.

Poslano sa mog SM-G930F koristeći Tapatalk

Diarno

May 24, 2016
Afternoon fellas. I have reached the part of runinng the kdz via LGUP however the kdz i have (named H525n20c_00_0321.kdz) brings back an error of invalid kdz. Could someone be so kind as to point out a working link for the kdz if possible?

Fobos531

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 6, 2014
/home/
Afternoon fellas. I have reached the part of runinng the kdz via LGUP however the kdz i have (named H525n20c_00_0321.kdz) brings back an error of invalid kdz. Could someone be so kind as to point out a working link for the kdz if possible?
Firstly, do you have LG Spirit or LG G4c?

Mzjedz

Feb 23, 2014
Thanks, I had to manually copy the dll in the LGUP folder, dunno if it's my fault, or script's fault though.

EDIT: It gives me an error on boot, about CUST not existing... Nothing important, I can continue to use it but it's rather annoying? Fixes? Thanks.
I had to manually move dll too. But I made it! :D

midzan21

@Fobos531 hello good job . bro I can install MM on lg spirit 4g H440F

Wait until H440F kdz is released.

P.S.: I had to copy all files manually and manually Merge registry script. Probbably some Windows 10 BS with UAC and bat scripts lately.
Another BS, now from phone - MSC error on boot. But that temp root isn't availiable :/

Reactions: MadjijaHacker

midzan21

Im stupid, what is MTP mode?

Regular mode what is enabled by Deafult on KitKat and newer ROM's. It is also known as Media Transfer Protocol and when you connect phone it should look something like this (screenshot from my PC with my current device connected because of copying nandroid backup to PC)

Antoher note: for LG Spirit it looks like Phone Icon, not Media Device.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 519
Reactions: MadjijaHacker

MadjijaHacker

Mar 3, 2016
Belgrade
Regular mode what is enabled by Deafult on KitKat and newer ROM's. It is also known as Media Transfer Protocol and when you connect phone it should look something like this (screenshot from my PC with my current device connected because of copying nandroid backup to PC)

I knowed that, but i didnt know what is name of it.

jonguz6

Jul 25, 2013
Warsaw
i have a few questions, can i back to lollipop? and the adoptable storage is working?
To anyone interested:
I got adaptive storage to work! It's pretty simple. Just follow the guide from modaco.com (search for "modaco adaptive storage galaxy s7" on google", I don't think I can post links).
Then go to Settings -> Storage & USB -> Your SD Card -> Merge (in the additional menu).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, as some of you may already know, we can't flash MM kdz on our LG Spirit using LG Flash Tool, so we have to use LG UP, a method which is also used by LG G4c owners. I drew the idea from them, since G4c and Spirit are practically the same devices. I've modified a script from G4c, all credits go to @bender_007.

So here are the steps:
    1. Make sure you have USB drivers installed.
    2. Download and install LG UP: http://www.filedropper.com/g4 ---- First install LGUP_8994_DLL_Ver_0_0_3_23, then LGUP_Install_Ver_1_14_3.
    3. Download the script that makes LG UP recognize our device as H440n(Courtesy of @bender_007, I only modified small parts of it). Link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lbxdwloffi75qqg/AABfz5e9AIiSxipsnZQIiikGa?dl=0 (Download as zip)
    4. Extract the zip and run h440n.bat
    5. Connect your Spirit in MTP mode.
    6. Run LG UP and wait for it to load.
    7. Leave all settings as they are.
    8. Under file path, browse to the kdz file you downloaded. NOTE: It won't show in the directory it is in, because the browse window sees only .tot files, so you have to manually type in the KDZ name in the text field and select it that way.
    9. Click Start
    10. Wait
    11. ???
    12. Profit! Enjoy your LG Spirit running Marshmallow!
    Yeah, marshmallow just fly in lg spirit. I'm pretty much surprised with performance.
    @Fobos531 hello good job . bro I can install MM on lg spirit 4g H440F

Wait until H440F kdz is released.

P.S.: I had to copy all files manually and manually Merge registry script. Probbably some Windows 10 BS with UAC and bat scripts lately.
    Another BS, now from phone - MSC error on boot. But that temp root isn't availiable :/
    Im stupid, what is MTP mode?

Can someone upload photos ?? Do you feel any diference ate speed or maneging RAM ??
    ram mamagement is fairly better, overall speed is a LOT better