[GUIDE] How to install s7/n7 port roms on note 4 SM-N910S/L/K

Search This thread

vishudha98

May 17, 2016
Wichita, KS
I recently bought a note 4 and it turned out to be a n910s. There arent many 910s devs around so i decided to look around on how to boot these roms on our device. These are my findings and i present it as a guide so that other n910s users can benefit from this too.
All credits go to the original devs of the roms/kernels
I will not be responsible for a bricked or broken devices

These are the same exact steps thats i did, if you follow them in that particular manner youll have a new rom on your device in no time
HOW TO INSTALL S7 ROM ON N910S
To my knowledge the only s7 rom that boots up on the n910s is the DN5 rom. Here are the steps to do so

1.Download DN5 rom from the E-Team website http://electron-team.com/sm-n910c-2/
2.Download the latest firmware for the n910s from sammobile https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910S/
3.Extract the downloaded firmware file two times until you get the modem,boot,cache... files
4.Open downloaded DN5 rom (Default opens with Winrar)
5.Drag the boot.img file from the samsung official firmware and add and replace it in "eteam" folder of DN5
6. Do the same for the modem.bin (You'll have to flash bootloader manually)
7. Copy the modified DN5 folder to your devices internal storage or external sd card.
8. Flash rom, manually flash bootloader through odin and it'll boot
ENJOY THE FLAVORS OF THE S7:p
It takes about 10-15 minutes to boot

To save battery on the s7 rom use Grennify and Force Doze

Unfortunately there is no script to debloat s7 roms automatically. You'll have to manually download a system app remover from the play store grant root access and then uninstall or disable system apps.

ALSO ON THE N910S WHEN YOU GO TO MAKE A CALL THERE IS A STATIC NOISE (THIS HAPPENS ON BOTH THE S7 AND N7 ROMS) TO FIX THIS FLASH THE FILE BELOW IN RECOVERY all credits go to @tanthuychivietnam on making this fix
https://mega.nz/#!ohUmHJJL!FQB-6Ejt4KmmdICNfgbXPQ7CqBzE5xIGGqW8XQ06Qgg

HOW TO INSTALL N7 ROM ON N910S
To my knowledge every N7 port rom i've tried to boot up with this method has worked and this the easiest method out of the 2

1.Download your N7 port rom of choice
2.Download prime kernel. If you dont have prime kernel send an email to [email protected] and an automated email will give you the links to the kernel
3.move kernel and rom to internal storage/external sd card
4. flash rom and then kernel
5. DONT REEBOT, flash latest modem and bootloader and youre done
YOUR N4 IS NOW A N7*YAY**RIP N7*

Battery drain is quite significant on all N7 ports because samsung didnt update the software any further *we all know why* and also there maybe heating issues.If anyone does have a heating problem just delete system/bin/debug_interface_proxy Of course this differs from user to user depending on their usage and their preference of the rom
There is a debloat script available for debloating the N7 ill link it down below. credits go to @Near_07 on making this excellent script

DEBLOAT ALL N7 ROMS - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69891651&postcount=8829

To save battery on N7 roms use Greenify and force Doze as mentioned above and also go to Samsung under "Accounts" and disable all sync This is the main reason your phone stays awake even while the screen if off and it drains a lot of battery. Also try disabling "Enable Fast Charging" under the battery section, this too might help :)

In my opinion PIROBOT v6 is the best and most stable n7 port for the n910s right now, again this is my opinion and it may differ from user to user

These are the steps i followed to get DN5 S7 and any N7 rom to boot up on the N910s. Hope these steps can help you guys too. If it did all i ask for is a thanks, don't worry its free :p

If i forgot to credit any devs for their amazing work or if you want any edits drop me a pm and ill add/edit your name/work
Finally this is none of my work, just a guide, shoutout to all those amazing devs out there who make all this happen

Last edited:

shabbat

Jun 28, 2013
I recently bought a note 4 and it turned out to be a n910s. There arent many 910s devs around so i decided to look around on how to boot these roms on our device. These are my findings and i present it as a guide so that other n910s users can benefit from this too.

These are the same exact steps thats i did, if you follow them in that particular manner youll have a new rom on your device in no time
To my knowledge the only s7 rom that boots up on the n910s is the DN5 rom. Here are the steps to do so

2.Download the latest firmware for the n910s from sammobile https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-N910S/
3.Extract the downloaded firmware file two times until you get the modem,boot,cache... files
5.Drag the boot.img file from the samsung official firmware and add and replace it in "eteam" folder of DN5
7. Copy the modified DN5 folder to your devices internal storage or external sd card.

Unfortunately there is no script to debloat s7 roms automatically. You'll have to manually download a system app remover from the play store grant root access and then uninstall or disable system apps.

ALSO ON THE N910S WHEN YOU GO TO MAKE A CALL THERE IS A STATIC NOISE (THIS HAPPENS ON BOTH THE S7 AND N7 ROMS) TO FIX THIS FLASH THE FILE BELOW IN RECOVERY all credits go to @tanthuychivietnam on making this fix
https://mega.nz/fm/ckEQxZQK

To my knowledge every N7 port rom i've tried to boot up with this method has worked and this the easiest method out of the 2

2.Download prime kernel (To my knowladge this is the only custom kernel available for n910s). If you dont have prime kernel send an email to [email protected] and an automated email will give you the links to the kernel

Battery drain is quite significant on all N7 ports cause samsung didnt update the software any further *we all know why* and also there maybe heating issues. of course this differs from user to user depending on their usage and their preference of the rom
There is a debloat script available for debloating the N7 ill link it down below. credits go to @Near_07 on making this excellent script

DEBLOAT ALL N7 ROMS - https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=69891651&postcount=8829

These are the steps i followed to get any S7/N7 rom to boot up on the N910s. Hope these steps can help you guys too. If it did all i ask for is a thanks, its free

If i forgot to credit any devs for their amazing work or if you want any edits drop me a pm and ill add/edit your name/work
Finally this is none of my work, just a guide, shoutout to all those amazing devs out there who make all this happen

Thank you for your help. My phone is n916k , a korean note 4 like yours. I flashed dn7 rom on it and it's working well except for the lockscreen security, pin, pattern and password don't work on mine , I don't know why, in can input the password, pin or pattern on lockscreen security setting but when I want to unlock the phone, none of them work. Fortunately i only have to flash Dr. ketan lockscreen security bypass v1.1 to delete the lockscreen security And get back my phone working without reflash the all rom. And about the heating problem, I don't have it anymore. A nice guy told me to delete system/bin/debug_interface_proxy and it worked, up to now no heating anymore.
If you have a fix for this lockscreen problem, please could you share with us. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N930F using XDA Free mobile app

vishudha98

May 17, 2016
Wichita, KS
Thank you for your help. My phone is n916k , a korean note 4 like yours. I flashed dn7 rom on it and it's working well except for the lockscreen security, pin, pattern and password don't work on mine , I don't know why, in can input the password, pin or pattern on lockscreen security setting but when I want to unlock the phone, none of them work. Fortunately i only have to flash Dr. ketan lockscreen security bypass v1.1 to delete the lockscreen security And get back my phone working without reflash the all rom. And about the heating problem, I don't have it anymore. A nice guy told me to delete system/bin/debug_interface_proxy and it worked, up to now no heating anymore.
If you have a fix for this lockscreen problem, please could you share with us. Thanks

I didnt experience any of the lock screen problems when i flashed dn7. Thanks for the heads up on the heating problem ill look into it. Have you tried using a third party lockscreen app. If not i suggest you switch roms. DN7 is not that good with the prime kernel. Im on pirobot v6 which is also a note 7 port and i get excellent battery life with the kernel plus there are no lockscreen issues either

Reactions: shabbat

shabbat

Jun 28, 2013
I didnt experience any of the lock screen problems when i flashed dn7. Thanks for the heads up on the heating problem ill look into it. Have you tried using a third party lockscreen app. If not i suggest you switch roms. DN7 is not that good with the prime kernel. Im on pirobot v6 which is also a note 7 port and i get excellent battery life with the kernel plus there are no lockscreen issues either

Please could you give me a mirror link to download that pirobot v6 rom for our Korean note 4?I want to try that. Thank you
Edit: you mean this PIROBOTROM V6 Full Port N7 for N910C via Aroma.zip right? Or pirobot rom for n910kls/916kls?
I've just found it and it is uploaded on mega, my favorite cloud.

Last edited:

vishudha98

May 17, 2016
Wichita, KS
Please could you give me a mirror link to download that pirobot v6 rom for our Korean note 4?I want to try that. Thank you
Edit: you mean this PIROBOTROM V6 Full Port N7 for N910C via Aroma.zip right? Or pirobot rom for n910kls/916kls?

yeah it's called pirobot v6 via aroma, the other one is something uploaded by some Vietnamese dev. Heres the link https://mega.nz/#!EM8nEJIL!ducfNt-WfElmSmwgsKDiqfVjKtKIxZgPFcI2vFhgeOc. Hope everything works out :)

manne48

Sep 8, 2011
Bielefeld
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
barry allen:
barry allen:
■■Hello GUYZZ■■
Enhanced NEW UPDATE
CHANGELOG IS
ALL BUGS OF PREVIOUS VERSION FIXED.

■Call bugs solved
■Added all country csc I had
■Gliched fixed for n910T/n910f
■Added as card as speed and faster gps app
■Language spen bug solved for n910T
■Advanced menu bug solved
■Aod brightness
can be control by aod settings now provided.
■Time bug solved in systemui.
■Added languages in data base
■ADDED FONTS
■Fingerprint added
FOR LOCK SCREEN THIRD PARTY APP
FOR APPS NO NEED.
MORE STABLE MORE SMOOTH

●ROM:-

https://mega.nz/#!WUFDwapT!YA-K_NE3PGrwSi5J066C8Qhaz07Kgm-3CUzl0gKXcuk

●SMALL FIX:-

https://mega.nz/#!WJ9D0S5b!3-ERY7WN602YI8wDgF-0avvx8CqOmbEy_efBuI1hpLs

●INSTRUCTIONS TO FLASH:-

1)N910G -(ROM+FIX).

2)N910F -(ROM+FIX+ RAM KERNAL).

3)N910T -(ROM+FIX+DATAFIX+RAMKERNAL).

4)N910W8 -(ROM+FIX+DATAFIX+RAMKERNAL).
■■■■■
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK YOU CAN DONATE ME A CUP OF COFFEE That will keep me awake for the further development ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

vishudha98

May 17, 2016
Wichita, KS
barry allen:
barry allen:
■■Hello GUYZZ■■
Enhanced NEW UPDATE
CHANGELOG IS
ALL BUGS OF PREVIOUS VERSION FIXED.

■Call bugs solved
■Added all country csc I had
■Gliched fixed for n910T/n910f
■Added as card as speed and faster gps app
■Language spen bug solved for n910T
■Advanced menu bug solved
■Aod brightness
can be control by aod settings now provided.
■Time bug solved in systemui.
■Added languages in data base
■ADDED FONTS
■Fingerprint added
FOR LOCK SCREEN THIRD PARTY APP
FOR APPS NO NEED.
MORE STABLE MORE SMOOTH

●ROM:-

https://mega.nz/#!WUFDwapT!YA-K_NE3PGrwSi5J066C8Qhaz07Kgm-3CUzl0gKXcuk

●SMALL FIX:-

https://mega.nz/#!WJ9D0S5b!3-ERY7WN602YI8wDgF-0avvx8CqOmbEy_efBuI1hpLs

●INSTRUCTIONS TO FLASH:-

1)N910G -(ROM+FIX).

2)N910F -(ROM+FIX+ RAM KERNAL).

3)N910T -(ROM+FIX+DATAFIX+RAMKERNAL).

4)N910W8 -(ROM+FIX+DATAFIX+RAMKERNAL).
■■■■■
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK YOU CAN DONATE ME A CUP OF COFFEE That will keep me awake for the further development ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk
Dude really this thread is for N910s and youre bringing in kanged roms for snapdragon

shabbat

Jun 28, 2013
yeah it's called pirobot v6 via aroma, the other one is something uploaded by some Vietnamese dev. Heres the link https://mega.nz/#!EM8nEJIL!ducfNt-WfElmSmwgsKDiqfVjKtKIxZgPFcI2vFhgeOc. Hope everything works out :)

Hi @vishudha98, I flashed pirobot rom v6 for n910c on my n916k, up to now everything is working fine, no heating, no laggy, deep sleep very good too. Only Samsung keyboard fcs, do you know if there is a fix for that ? On google plus I found 3 fixs and flashed them but they didn't solve Samsung keyboard problem. Actually I use another keyboard, it's working well but if possible I would like to have Samsung keyboard working.
Anyway thank you so much for pointing me to use this wonderful rom, I really like it. And by the way, the link on the OP for call noise fix for n910s doesn't work, please do you know if there is a call noise fix for n916k inside this file?
Thank you

vishudha98

May 17, 2016
Wichita, KS
Hi @vishudha98, I flashed pirobot rom v6 for n910c on my n916k, up to now everything is working fine, no heating, no laggy, deep sleep very good too. Only Samsung keyboard fcs, do you know if there is a fix for that ? On google plus I found 3 fixs and flashed them but they didn't solve Samsung keyboard problem. Actually I use another keyboard, it's working well but if possible I would like to have Samsung keyboard working.
Anyway thank you so much for pointing me to use this wonderful rom, I really like it. And by the way, the link on the OP for call noise fix for n910s doesn't work, please do you know if there is a call noise fix for n916k inside this file?
Thank you

Heres the keyboard from doola 12 i got from a telegram group. see if that works. I didnt have that fc problem when i flashed the rom hmmm... about the voice fix, its an aroma installer did you select your phone model which is n916k and click install?
https://mega.nz/#!N80EXT5L!WJTvsy29QfPGOKXCw-_GPFb5nd2z0JBJYzuHcV6u8C4

shabbat

Jun 28, 2013
Heres the keyboard from doola 12 i got from a telegram group. see if that works. I didnt have that fc problem when i flashed the rom hmmm... about the voice fix, its an aroma installer did you select your phone model which is n916k and click install?
Thank you for this. M downloading it right now. But about the link in the op, I can't download the voice fix on the OP, the link doesn't work. It only opens my Mega apk and nothing else, no import nor download button. It only happens for this. Please could you provide another link on mega of this voice fix? Thank you

Last edited:

vishudha98

May 17, 2016
Wichita, KS
Thank you for this. M downloading it right now. But about the link in the op, I can't download the voice fix on the OP, the link doesn't work. It only opens my Mega apk and nothing else, no import nor download button. It only happens for this. Please could you provide another link on mega of this voice fix? Thank you

Try this and tell me if it works https://mega.nz/#!J90R1RQA!FQB-6Ejt4KmmdICNfgbXPQ7CqBzE5xIGGqW8XQ06Qgg

shabbat

Jun 28, 2013
Yah its a different link did you select your phone model from the aroma installer

Of course I did. I also checked the zip file and found that for each device inside system/etc there is only one file libsec-ril.so and I think that's not enough to fix call noise problem because I found another fix, darklord fix and it's the same as truongtan's fix and both don't work on my device. I also looked inside Dr. Ketan's fix call Noise for note 5 Korean and inside lib there are more than one file. Maybe only libsec-ril.so isn't enough.
Anyway thanks for all.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://mega.nz/#!ohUmHJJL!FQB-6Ejt4KmmdICNfgbXPQ7CqBzE5xIGGqW8XQ06Qgg

2.Download prime kernel. If you dont have prime kernel send an email to [email protected] and an automated email will give you the links to the kernel

Battery drain is quite significant on all N7 ports because samsung didnt update the software any further *we all know why* and also there maybe heating issues.If anyone does have a heating problem just delete system/bin/debug_interface_proxy Of course this differs from user to user depending on their usage and their preference of the rom

To save battery on N7 roms use Greenify and force Doze as mentioned above and also go to Samsung under "Accounts" and disable all sync This is the main reason your phone stays awake even while the screen if off and it drains a lot of battery. Also try disabling "Enable Fast Charging" under the battery section, this too might help :)

In my opinion PIROBOT v6 is the best and most stable n7 port for the n910s right now, again this is my opinion and it may differ from user to user

These are the steps i followed to get DN5 S7 and any N7 rom to boot up on the N910s. Hope these steps can help you guys too. If it did all i ask for is a thanks, don't worry its free :p

Thank you

Try this and tell me if it works https://mega.nz/#!J90R1RQA!FQB-6Ejt4KmmdICNfgbXPQ7CqBzE5xIGGqW8XQ06Qgg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone