[Guide] How To Make JB Themes | 4.1 - 4.2 Themes | Need Root For Installing

Search This thread

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com

Review-1.jpg

Hello there ! , This is my first guide after School exams :) , This is NOT 4.3 Themes ! , this is 4.1 - 4.2 themes , like Silk Theme .. etc .​

What You Need :
  • A Brain .
  • Computer .
  • Need to know how to use APKTOOL , Guide Press Me .
  • Notepad++ , Press Me .
  • Sample , Press Me | Color Chaning FiXed , New Sample Uploaded .

Information :
  • You need 4.1 or 4.2 to be able to install .
  • You need to be rooted , after making the theme , move to system/app with the correct permissions .
  • Theme is going to Change : Accent Color , Lockscreen Wallpaper , Phone Wallpaper , Settings Wallpaper , Phone - Messages App Wallpaper .

Steps :

Download Sample , install your Stock ROM framework-res.apk + SemcGenericUxpRes.apk , Decompile it in Apktool folder .

1.jpg

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

Open AndroidMainFest.xml And Apktool.yml With "Notepad++" and edit "sonyericsson.ac" to your desired Package name , Example " sonyericsson.test" .

2.jpg

4.jpg

Reopen Them , Edit android:minSdkVersion="16" to android:targetSdkVersion="17" in AndroidMainFest.xml , And Edit targetSdkVersion: '16' to targetSdkVersion: '17' in Apktool.yml .

11.jpg

22.jpg

Now , Go to smali\com\sonyericsson edit folder name "ac" to the name you have put after "package="com.sonyericsson" , Example in the photo .

33.jpg

After That , Enter the folder you named , open all Smali files with Notpad++ , And edit these "Lcom/sonyericsson/ac" to the folder name , example in the photo .

55.jpg

When you are finished | Edit the photos with PS Or any Photo Editor | go to "res\drawable-xhdpi" , Edit semc_bg_tile with your desired photo , and the photo mustn’t be White ! , And edit "semc_bg_bright_tile" also , And it mustn’t be Black ! , Edit "semc_theme_wallpaper" with your desired Wallpaper , Edit "semc_theme_lockscreen_wallpaper" with your Desired Lockscreen photo , And at last edit this "semc_theme_preview" with your desired preview image ( you can put lockscreen photo and wallpaper photo together ) .

-عنوان.jpg

Now , Go to res/values , And open Strings.xml , And edit between " > < " the one with black color , with your desired name .

-عنوان.jpg

When you are finished , Open Colors.xml , edit hex code , after these " somc_theme_accent_color_light " and "somc_theme_accent_color_dark" , to your desired Accent color .
And edit the hex code after this " "semc_theme_illumination_color" to your desired illumination color .
Color , Hex Codes can be found here " www.color-hex.com " , or you can get them via decompiling the Stock themes .

.jpg

Now , You are finished :) ! , Compile the APK , Sign it , Move it to System/App with rw-r-r permission .

11111.jpg

Arabian ? Here’s the guide for making Xperia Themes :) . From our official Channel , Plus we are proud to be the first who post this guide :) .

Made a theme ? Post it via replay :) .

Last edited:

zenesis

Jan 13, 2012
i will add it in "reserved" post :) , but offcourse it needs framework mod to change it ..

Like 4.3 Theming Engine .

Goodjob sir, please, just don't let the 4.2 users be left behind. Specially in the theming mods =')
will wait for your work.

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Yo abo hani, are you sure you didnt get this from a chinese forum? I saw a guide like this in a chinese forum a while ago

Sent from my C5306 using XDA Free mobile app

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Link pls :)

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Im in canada atm, the site only works in asia, and dont got the exact link sorry

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Apk.tw is the site
Seems to be working but i cant find the post sadly :-/

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
@abo hani
Thanks for your best guide.
Bro can i make themes with this guide for 4.3 jb?

There are a lot of 4.3 Theming guides in XDA Cross-Device thread ..

But the best way to make 4.3 themes is This

Thanks for Hard Work
شكرا يا ابن بلادي :)
sorry for getting out the rules and say some Arabic words :)

No problem mate :) , شكراً لك :)

Great job!! Congrats...
And you have made the news!!

Yo abo hani, are you sure you didnt get this from a chinese forum? I saw a guide like this in a chinese forum a while ago

No mate , i got it by my self , i have decompiled stock themes and found the way :)

And my only Developing website / forum , is XDA :cool:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
No mate , i got it by my self , i have decompiled stock themes and found the way :)

And my only Developing website / forum , is XDA :cool:

Aiight then mashaAllah my man and keep working hard ;)
P.s wasn't blaming you or anything was just asking so don't mind :D

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
mashaAllah o_O :D Arabian ? :p :D

No problem mate :cowboy:

Well its a word any Muslim would know so not exactly Arabian but since it is a Arabian word, hence sure :D i ain't Arab tho ;)

P.s well this is getting off topic so keep up the hard work and would love to see more guides from you, guides are the best IMO ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Review-1.jpg

Hello there ! , This is my first guide after School exams :) , This is NOT 4.3 Themes ! , this is 4.1 - 4.2 themes , like Silk Theme .. etc .​

What You Need :
    • A Brain .
    • Computer .
    • Need to know how to use APKTOOL , Guide Press Me .
    • Notepad++ , Press Me .
    • Sample , Press Me | Color Chaning FiXed , New Sample Uploaded .

Information :
    • You need 4.1 or 4.2 to be able to install .
    • You need to be rooted , after making the theme , move to system/app with the correct permissions .
    • Theme is going to Change : Accent Color , Lockscreen Wallpaper , Phone Wallpaper , Settings Wallpaper , Phone - Messages App Wallpaper .

Steps :

Download Sample , install your Stock ROM framework-res.apk + SemcGenericUxpRes.apk , Decompile it in Apktool folder .

1.jpg

Open AndroidMainFest.xml And Apktool.yml With "Notepad++" and edit "sonyericsson.ac" to your desired Package name , Example " sonyericsson.test" .

2.jpg

4.jpg

Reopen Them , Edit android:minSdkVersion="16" to android:targetSdkVersion="17" in AndroidMainFest.xml , And Edit targetSdkVersion: '16' to targetSdkVersion: '17' in Apktool.yml .

11.jpg

22.jpg

Now , Go to smali\com\sonyericsson edit folder name "ac" to the name you have put after "package="com.sonyericsson" , Example in the photo .

33.jpg

After That , Enter the folder you named , open all Smali files with Notpad++ , And edit these "Lcom/sonyericsson/ac" to the folder name , example in the photo .

55.jpg

When you are finished | Edit the photos with PS Or any Photo Editor | go to "res\drawable-xhdpi" , Edit semc_bg_tile with your desired photo , and the photo mustn’t be White ! , And edit "semc_bg_bright_tile" also , And it mustn’t be Black ! , Edit "semc_theme_wallpaper" with your desired Wallpaper , Edit "semc_theme_lockscreen_wallpaper" with your Desired Lockscreen photo , And at last edit this "semc_theme_preview" with your desired preview image ( you can put lockscreen photo and wallpaper photo together ) .

-عنوان.jpg

Now , Go to res/values , And open Strings.xml , And edit between " > < " the one with black color , with your desired name .

-عنوان.jpg

When you are finished , Open Colors.xml , edit hex code , after these " somc_theme_accent_color_light " and "somc_theme_accent_color_dark" , to your desired Accent color .
    And edit the hex code after this " "semc_theme_illumination_color" to your desired illumination color .
    Color , Hex Codes can be found here " www.color-hex.com " , or you can get them via decompiling the Stock themes .

.jpg

Now , You are finished :) ! , Compile the APK , Sign it , Move it to System/App with rw-r-r permission .

11111.jpg

Arabian ? Here’s the guide for making Xperia Themes :) . From our official Channel , Plus we are proud to be the first who post this guide :) .

Made a theme ? Post it via replay :) .
    Reserved For extra guides .
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone