• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to make your regional firmware an .FTF file

Search This thread

leajian

Apr 17, 2011
Shin Sekai
github.com
Okep. I assume you have the latest FlashTool installed already...

1) Get this (SEUS) : http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/flash/mobile_phones/companies/sony_ericsson/models/seus/7572.html
2) Flash your phone with the latest software available using SEUS.
3) Go to C:\Program Files\Sony Ericcson\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs\
4) Copy the 2 largest files you'll find there to C:\Flashtool\leajian (I assume you created there a folder called leajian)
5) Run FlashTool
6) Click Advanced > Decrypt Files
7) Source folder : C:\Flashtool\leajian
8) From Files, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Files to convert
9) Click OK
10) Wait patiently till it finishes...
11) From Folder list, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Firmware content
12) On Device write the model [ex. Xperia X10 Mini Pro(U20i)], on Version write the firmware version and/or the Android version [ex. 2.1.1.A.0.6 (Eclair_2.1)], on Branding write the region and your name if you wish [ex. Greek (by Leajian)].
13) Click OK
14) On Device Selection choose the device it is for (ex. U20i)
15) Wait very patiently...
16) When it finishes the .ftf file is located on C:\Flashtool\firmwares
17) SHARE IT ON XDA!!!

SmG67

May 2, 2012
I have multiple large files in my folder, so which one should I choose?

If you're in the right folder (It might also be C:\ProgramData|Sony Ericsson\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fx), the two biggest files should be around 12000 kb and 104000 kb big, and their name should start with FILE_ (after the underscore a bunch of numbers). those should be the ones you use.

Jun 7, 2012
FILE_278994861 - 209,828KB
FILE_278574274 - 163,555KB
FILE_278574274 - 158,145KB
FILE_276191630 - 26,121KB
FILE_276191605 - 16,428KB
FILE_278990579 - 15,623KB
FILE_278524644 - 15,403KB
And others are below 1MB. So you can see that it's not possible to choose correctly my firmware (I might end up creating a Hybrid. :D )
Is there any possibility to decrypt those files so I can see my firmware?
Maybe I have so many these large files because I updated Xperia Mini too. (I have Xperia Neo). But I need my regional firmware that's in that folder because I upgraded to ICS, then downgraded to GB (regional) but I don't like bloatwares there, so reinstalling SEUS is not an option. :confused:

SmG67

May 2, 2012
delete everything and let seus download the firmware for the device you want.
choose repair or something, it will download the firmware just abort when it wants to flash, you should have no trouble then :)

Jun 7, 2012
I told you that is not an option, because my original firmware is somewhere in those files, and since I flashed 2.3.4 global firmware, it will download it again (not the regional that I need and want). :(

SmG67

May 2, 2012
Look at the creation dates for those files then,
Every one of the really big ones will be paired with a smaller one.
My guess is the biggest one contains all the bloatware, so discard that one.
If you can roughly remember when you updated that Mini, you can discard the files from around that date too.
If you can't remember, just create two bundles, and see which one works on your phone :)

(You can do a repair in SEUS without attaching your phone to the computer, you just select your phone-model. SEUS will be unaware what firmware you are running currently, and just select the latest firmware available for your phone)

(Additionally, if you hate the bloatware, you can delete it manually using a file-exporer with root-access on your phone)

Last edited:

jykma

Apr 21, 2012
SE Update Service

Get it from the follwing address ( oberve the letter case ) to obtain the latest WORKING file, 2.11.12.5 Enjoy!

softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Sony-Ericsson/Update-Service.shtml

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I've downloaded SEUS from the link but get an error. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Get it from the follwing address ( oberve the letter case ) to obtain the latest WORKING file, 2.11.12.5 Enjoy!

softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Sony-Ericsson/Update-Service.shtml

androidbpb

Oct 30, 2011
New Delhi
Hi,

I have followed the procedure and got the .TFT file in the mentioned folder. The size of the .ftf file is around 220mb. Is this OK? I am not sure whether the output file size should be this large? Can anyone tell me the output .ftf file size.

Thanks in advance.

opanak

Jul 28, 2012
It depends of phone and FW version. For my ST18i it is about 265 MB on 2.3.4 and 370 MB on ICS.

androidbpb

Oct 30, 2011
New Delhi
Ok...Thanks !!

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I updated my X10 MP from SEUS and I used the two largest files to get the .ftf output file. Can anyone please tell me that flashing this output .ftf firmware via flashtool on my X10 Mini Pro will give me stock android 2.1 official every time? What if my boot loader is unlocked and I am on a custom rom and kernel. I fear I may brick my phone. Please give some suggestion...!!

Thanks in advance.

SmG67

May 2, 2012
Ok...Thanks !!

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

I updated my X10 MP from SEUS and I used the two largest files to get the .ftf output file. Can anyone please tell me that flashing this output .ftf firmware via flashtool on my X10 Mini Pro will give me stock android 2.1 official every time? What if my boot loader is unlocked and I am on a custom rom and kernel. I fear I may brick my phone. Please give some suggestion...!!

Thanks in advance.

If you've done everything right, you've got the kernel and rom that is the official se firmware, any custom kernel will be replaced by the stock one and any custom rom will be replaced by the stock 2.1. If your bootloader is unlocked or not doesn't matter much because the loader is flashed together with the kernel.

Just make sure that if your bootloader is already unlocked, you select Unlocked bootloader when flashtool asks for it in making the ftf-file. If you select Locked bootloader and flash it on an unlocked bootloader it may give unpredictable results when you try to flash another kernel, or try to restore the bootloader. On the other hand: If your phone's bootloader is locked, and you have chosen to include an unlocked loader in your ftf-file, the flash will fail.

Best way is to include the unlocked loader and flash the firmware with flashtool when your phone's bootloader is actually unlocked. That will give you the exact same result as updating using SEUS or PC Companion. If you want to relock the bootloader do it using S1Tool.

It's the only tricky thing about it, but neither will brick your phone :)
I've actually used this to make three backups.
One for firmware to flash on a locked bootloader, which has come in handy for some people in here (My phone is the E10i, and i've helped some people get back on stock firmware when they've accidentally relocked their bootloader on a custom kernel)
One for firmware to flash on an unlocked bootloader (for personal use)
And one that includes only the kernel and the loader (If i've tested a custom rom and kernel, I restore my stock ROM from CWM and then flash back the stock kernel, that way i've got all my settings, root, cwm, data and apps that i use regularly and i'm back to normal in about 5 minutes)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okep. I assume you have the latest FlashTool installed already...

1) Get this (SEUS) : http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/flash/mobile_phones/companies/sony_ericsson/models/seus/7572.html
    2) Flash your phone with the latest software available using SEUS.
    3) Go to C:\Program Files\Sony Ericcson\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs\
    4) Copy the 2 largest files you'll find there to C:\Flashtool\leajian (I assume you created there a folder called leajian)
    5) Run FlashTool
    6) Click Advanced > Decrypt Files
    7) Source folder : C:\Flashtool\leajian
    8) From Files, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Files to convert
    9) Click OK
    10) Wait patiently till it finishes...
    11) From Folder list, select all (Click & Ctrl + A) and click -> to move the 2 files to Firmware content
    12) On Device write the model [ex. Xperia X10 Mini Pro(U20i)], on Version write the firmware version and/or the Android version [ex. 2.1.1.A.0.6 (Eclair_2.1)], on Branding write the region and your name if you wish [ex. Greek (by Leajian)].
    13) Click OK
    14) On Device Selection choose the device it is for (ex. U20i)
    15) Wait very patiently...
    16) When it finishes the .ftf file is located on C:\Flashtool\firmwares
    17) SHARE IT ON XDA!!!
    I've downloaded SEUS from the link but get an error. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Why does no-one provide the proper link? get it from Sony itself:

Direct Download
    Ok...Thanks !!

Thanks in advance.

If you've done everything right, you've got the kernel and rom that is the official se firmware, any custom kernel will be replaced by the stock one and any custom rom will be replaced by the stock 2.1. If your bootloader is unlocked or not doesn't matter much because the loader is flashed together with the kernel.

Just make sure that if your bootloader is already unlocked, you select Unlocked bootloader when flashtool asks for it in making the ftf-file. If you select Locked bootloader and flash it on an unlocked bootloader it may give unpredictable results when you try to flash another kernel, or try to restore the bootloader. On the other hand: If your phone's bootloader is locked, and you have chosen to include an unlocked loader in your ftf-file, the flash will fail.

Best way is to include the unlocked loader and flash the firmware with flashtool when your phone's bootloader is actually unlocked. That will give you the exact same result as updating using SEUS or PC Companion. If you want to relock the bootloader do it using S1Tool.

It's the only tricky thing about it, but neither will brick your phone :)
    I've actually used this to make three backups.
    One for firmware to flash on a locked bootloader, which has come in handy for some people in here (My phone is the E10i, and i've helped some people get back on stock firmware when they've accidentally relocked their bootloader on a custom kernel)
    One for firmware to flash on an unlocked bootloader (for personal use)
    And one that includes only the kernel and the loader (If i've tested a custom rom and kernel, I restore my stock ROM from CWM and then flash back the stock kernel, that way i've got all my settings, root, cwm, data and apps that i use regularly and i'm back to normal in about 5 minutes)
    My flashtool does not see 2 files in folder

I guess you're stuck between step 4 and step 8 somewhere?