How To Guide [GUIDE] How to make your System RW / Super R/W read/write-able

Search This thread

sarbazg180

Dec 12, 2021
@xmucio @sarbazg180
I think what you guys are experiencing is this error :

You can replicate this error if you run dmesg immediately after trying to mount your partition as rw in terminal.
I'm not fully sure yet what exactly causes this error but don't worry we will fix it together ;)(y)
I search in result of dmesg with

Bash:
grep -w fully

And the result looks like what u say😉

Attachments

• res.txt
    173 bytes · Views: 24
Reactions: lebigmac

R00TMe

Aug 21, 2018
Yes it should transform all read-only partitions that are embedded in your super partition into read-write-able partitions.
You can check if everything worked properly by doing this
Bash:
su
mount -o remount,rw /
mount -o remount,rw /product
mount -o remount,rw /vendor
Hello !
Well I've tried the same method that gsser used for his Poco X3 Pro but the results is that after the flash of the super_fixed.bin my phone is just bootlooping and flashing back the super_original.bin didn't help (well I just flashed the ROM again with Magisk and OrangeFox and since the data partition isn't destroyed my phone work again but I still want to know how to allow RW). The super_fixed.bin is 8Gb large and the other 6Gb so I don't think there is a problem with that. Also in the shell command used to start your script you use --size=50 but gsser used --size=20 but I don't know what it mean so I haven't added it but I want to know if this is why this wasn't working and why 50 or 20 ? And I've tried to flash the automatic script with the stable OrangeFox release but it just crash and go back to the OrangeFox logo and start again normally. I can send you logs if you want, I just want to know if I'm doing it right.

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Hi @R00TMe thanks for your interest in this project. What device you got? What firmware?
With bootloops most of the time we're in the dark as to what's causing it unless you manage to check the real-time log during bootloop (not sure how to do that).
I'm happy that you managed to get back out of the bootloop without any data loss. Since script only modifies super and vbmeta partitions (avbctl) it should be enough to only flash those to get back out of bootloop.

The size difference between super_original (raw format) and super_fixed (sparse format) is normal.

Don't worry next upcoming version (which will be released very soon)
already has a working auto-resize feature implemented ;)(y)

Please feel free to send me your log files and I'll look into it ;)(y)

Last edited:

R00TMe

Aug 21, 2018
Hi @R00TMe thanks for your interest in this project. What device you got? What firmware?
With bootloops most of the time we're in the dark as to what's causing it unless you manage to check the real-time log during bootloop (not sure how to do that).
I'm happy that you managed to get back out of the bootloop without any data loss. Since script only modifies super and vbmeta partitions (avbctl) it should be enough to only flash those to get back out of bootloop.

The size difference between super (raw format) and super (sparse format) is normal.

Don't worry next version (which will be released very soon) has a working auto-resize feature implemented.

Please feel free to send me your log files and I'll look into it ;)
I got the same phone as him, Poco X3 Pro and the firmware I had is the official one 12.5.4.0 RJUEUXM (EEE).
I have also sent what was on the CMD used to launch the script with the shell.
I think that the bootloop was because the system partition was like corrupt because I was only having the splashscreen and then a black screen right after without the normal "MIUI" logo and when I was back onto OrangeFox recovery it says in the logs than the system partition, vendor and the last one that I forgot had problem to be mounted.
I pray that this will be useful for you, it's crazy that we aren't able to edit those partitions now even as root.

Attachments

• lpdump.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 7
  • mylog.txt
    5.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Poco X3 Pro systemrw fail.txt
    12.7 KB · Views: 8

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
@R00TMe I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your device. Your log looks great.

I just tested it on my POCO X3 Pro running stock MIUI 12.5.7 and it works perfectly fine over here (see screenshot below)

working.jpg

R00TMe

Aug 21, 2018
@R00TMe I'm not sure why it doesn't work on your device. Your log looks great.

I just tested it on my POCO X3 Pro running stock MIUI 12.5.7 and it works perfectly fine over here (see screenshot below)

View attachment 5525671
Weird... Maybe it's because I got the EEA ROM and not the Global one but I want to keep the one that was the default one when I received the phone. Also mine is 12.5.4 and not 12.5.7 but it's still weird that it doesn't work in the previous release.

nokio85

Feb 24, 2012
Hello everyone, first of all I would like to thank you for the tutorial.
I don't know if this is big but I managed to fully unlock RW on Xiaomi.eu ROM MIUI 13 (yes Android 12) on my POCO F3, secondly if anyone has some questions or has some ideas to share feel free to ask.

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Hi @nokio85 thanks for your feedback. You're welcome.
I'm happy you got my script to work on your Poco F3 device running Android 12. Did you adapt the checkSDK() function to get it to work in Android 12?

Last edited:

nokio85

Feb 24, 2012
Hi @nokie85 thanks for your feedback. You're welcome.
I'm happy you got my script to work on your Poco F3 device running Android 12. Did you adapt the checkSDK() function to get it to work?
I did not adopt that, actually I used a different recovery an unofficial build of TWRP, one I can post it here if is allowed.
With that and your script (systemrw_1.32_flashable.zip) it worked I couldn't believed it to be honest since allot of people are having trouble getting RW access on android 11 still.

P.S. When u install the TWRP it will be probably in chinese language first time u launch so here I found a video wich makes it very easy to change it.

Attachments

• 3.6.0_11-RedmiK40_v3.2_A12-alioth-skkk_1f13aec4.img.zip
    58.5 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
How Should I Revert Back Changes Created By MakeRW.zip? Please Help!
Hi which MakeRW are you talking about? A couple of ruthless cyber thieves (who are also members in this very forum) have stolen my unique MakeRW program name from me and have released it as their own creation :cautious:
Are you talking about the one and only original MakeRW by lebigmac which is an integral part of the one and only original SystemRW / SuperRW featuring MakeRW by lebigmac ? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: kaatil

Attachments

• markup_76.png
    markup_76.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Haha

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Yes Of course brother Downloaded From This Link
Thanks for the screenshot.

Congratulations! According to your screenshot It looks like you downloaded the proper version. :D(y)
It is always recommended to download the one and only original SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW by lebigmac from the official download link.
Good news! Brand new version is coming this month!;)(y)

What exactly is the problem on your device? Did the SystemRW trick work on your device?

Hopefully this quote from the official SystemRW / SuperRW feat. MakeRW project homepage will answer your question.
Uninstallation:
  • To free up space and keep script as well as r/w capability you can simply delete /img subfolder at /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/img
  • To delete script and keep r/w capability you can simply delete whole script folder at /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32
  • To undo all changes performed by the script you can simply reflash original stock read-only super image and re-enable dm-verity and verification either through adb/fastboot or with the included avbctl binary (inside /tools/ subfolder - also available in recovery).

Last edited:
Thanks for providing your screenshot.

Congratulations! According to your screenshot It looks like you downloaded to proper version. :D(y)
It is always recommended to download the one and only original SystemRW/SuperRW feat. MakeRW by lebigmac from the official download link.

Please allow me one moment to search for the proper solution for you my dear loyal customer ;)
What exactly is the problem on your device? Did the SystemRW trick work on your device or you were unlucky and got that annoying bootloop? Did you make backups before running script?

I will edit this message in 5 minutes.
I was lucky brother bcoz it takes about 8 minutes maximum to flash the file..i haven't make any changes to the config or any file just flashed as it is...let me clear this thing that i have poco f3(alioth) Indian version which has super partition and with A/B slots too...and by default system comes in R/O i think..but see this screenshot ..it means that i have R/W capability..i have flashed stock mi from mi flash tool..and then many roms .. currently i am on cr droid..but just clear me brother..thank you is this ok or RW still working in my phone ?

Attachments

• markup_80.png
    markup_80.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 8
Thanks for providing your screenshot.

Congratulations! According to your screenshot It looks like you downloaded to proper version. :D(y)

What exactly is the problem on your device? Did the SystemRW trick work on your device or you were unlucky and got that annoying bootloop? Did you make backups before running script?
If you send me your log files I can take a look at what went wrong on your device.

Here is a quote from the official SystemRW / SuperRW feat. MakeRW project homepage
You mean this super partition right ?
Just want to ask some simple question other things, i will do it myself so much thankfull if you help me ..i just want to know is there any other methods then fastboot to flash this .img image..or the only way is fastboot..and how in fastboot and recovery just tell me brother..i have a telegram account how can i contact you..i know you may be busy but i really need that help from you..thank you brother

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220307-074734_MiXplorer.png
    Screenshot_20220307-074734_MiXplorer.png
    260.3 KB · Views: 9

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
I was lucky brother bcoz it takes about 8 minutes maximum to flash the file..i haven't make any changes to the config or any file just flashed as it is...let me clear this thing that i have poco f3(alioth) Indian version which has super partition and with A/B slots too...and by default system comes in R/O i think..but see this screenshot ..it means that i have R/W capability..i have flashed stock mi from mi flash tool..and then many roms .. currently i am on cr droid..but just clear me brother..thank you is this ok or RW still working in my phone ?
To check if your device have RW capability you can try run this code:

Bash:
adb shell
su
for a in /dev/block/dm-*; do tunes=`tune2fs -l $a | grep -e "feat" -e "vol"`; vol=`echo "$tunes" | grep "volume name" | awk '{print $NF}'`; [ -z $vol ] && vol="data"; result=`mount -o remount,rw $a 2>&1`; [[ "$result" == *"read-only" ]] && echo "Error! $vol is read-only!" || echo "successfully remounted $vol as rw"; done

degr_ramos

Nov 27, 2016
Sto.tomas
I did not adopt that, actually I used a different recovery an unofficial build of TWRP, one I can post it here if is allowed.
With that and your script (systemrw_1.32_flashable.zip) it worked I couldn't believed it to be honest since allot of people are having trouble getting RW access on android 11 still.

P.S. When u install the TWRP it will be probably in chinese language first time u launch so here I found a video wich makes it very easy to change it.
Does your twrp supports decryption in A12? If not how did you flash the systemrw zip? Thank you

degr_ramos

Nov 27, 2016
Sto.tomas
Welcome to
SystemRW / SuperRW feat. MakeRW by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware.
This allows you to mount your device as R/W and fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
MIUI 12 is great but it has a little bit too much bloatware.

Be very careful when debloating your device! One little mistake could cause bootloop!
Make lots of backups before modifying stuff!

Enjoy debloating and customizing your fully read/write-able device! :love:(y)

NOTE: Before launching script make sure you've got full rw read/write access to the /data partition by first decrypting and then mounting /data partition as rw in your custom recovery!

working-jpg.5525671

v1-31d_01-jpg.5309953
v1-31d_03-jpg.5309957
Is it possible to flash this via sdcard or adb sideload? My device's twrp doesn't support internal storage decryption and only shows 0mb in internal storage in A12. I'm using MIUI 13 A12

lebigmac

Jan 31, 2017
Is it possible to flash this via sdcard or adb sideload? My device's twrp doesn't support internal storage decryption and only shows 0mb in internal storage in A12. I'm using MIUI 13 A12
Hi. New upcoming version should do the trick for you. I wanted to release it this month but so much stuff to do in real life. I might have to postpone release until April.

What results do you get if you type this command in recovery?
df -h /data

And what result do you get if you type the same command in Android operating system? Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi @lebigmac ,

Your script is badass!
    Follow attached logs for Samsung S22+ (SM-G906B).

I've only question, how can i flash the output (super_fixed.bin)? I've tried with Odin... but couldn't flash. (yes, i've put the super_fixed.bin inside a tar like: super.tar)

Can you anyone give any advice?
    Welcome to
    SystemRW / SuperRW feat. MakeRW by lebigmac

This script removes the read-only lock of all partitions embedded in the super partition of your stock firmware.
    This allows you to mount your device as R/W and fully debloat your device and customize your MIUI experience to make it run as smooth as silk!
    MIUI 12 is great but it has a little bit too much bloatware.

Be very careful when debloating your device! One little mistake could cause bootloop!
    Make lots of backups before modifying stuff!

Enjoy debloating and customizing your fully read/write-able device! :love:(y)

NOTE: Before launching script make sure you've got full rw read/write access to the /data partition by first decrypting and then mounting /data partition as rw in your custom recovery!

working-jpg.5525671

v1-31d_01-jpg.5309953
    v1-31d_03-jpg.5309957
    After copying script folder into /data/local/tmp/
    open command prompt and type this

Bash:
    adb shell

su
    cd /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32
    chmod +x ./systemrw.sh
    ./systemrw.sh size=50
    Hi @mørningstαr thanks for your interest in this project. I am working on Android installer app that should make script installation much easier. Hopefully I can release it soon!
    View attachment 5287597now do i need to flash the super_fixed.bin in script folder's files folder in fastboot? original super is approx. 8gb and fixed one is nearly half of it

Yes. That file size difference is normal. One file is raw format the other one is sparse format.

You should be able to flash the patched super image file like this:
    Bash:
    adb pull /data/local/tmp/systemrw_1.32/img/super_fixed.bin
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash super super_fixed.bin

Can you please upload your log files from script folder? Thanks for your feedback. It helps with further development.
    PS C:\adb> adb shell "ls -Alg /dev/block/by-name | grep 'super'"
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root 16 1970-02-02 16:40 super -> /dev/block/sda23

POCO X3 pro