• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to port AOSP ICS roms to your Device

Search This thread

proxuser

Jul 2, 2010
www.emexci.com
How to port any ICS AOSP based roms to your Device (AOKP, CM9 & many other)

- for best compatibilty
--> use same android versions. (4.0.4 -> 4.0.4 example)
--> use latest base from CM9 (is best choose for port) or any AOSPbased ICS ROM
--> use each brand for port (mean Desire HD -> Desire S or other HTC devices). you also can port other roms, but you will have issues.

PORT:

-> download latest cm9 base and extract it
-> download target rom and extract it

for Camera
use Camera.apk from base rom for camera issues fix.

copy
/app
/framework
/media
/fonts folders and replace in cm9 folder.

repack your zip and let it boot.
if it doesn't boot then copy /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from target rom and repack your rom.zip and install again.. if you get bootloop anyway, then just type in adb "adb logcat" and share it with us in this thread..

if you dont get success dont cry, just try to port another rom :D you can not port all roms

for HTC Devices
to fix network auto select,
decompile framework-res.apk
go to \framework-res\res\values\bools.xml change
<bool name="skip_restoring_network_selection">true</bool>
to false.
to fix graphichal issues,

decompile framework.jar

change these files with cm9 base

smali\smali\android\os
Environment
SystemProperties
smali\smali\android\view
HardwareCanvas
HardwareRenderer$Gl20Renderer
HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer
HardwareRenderer

enjoy!

if you like this guide, just give 5 stars to thread and click thanks button ;)

r1c4rd0

Jan 20, 2007
hi, there, and i own a huawei u8800, we allready have a aosp ics 4.0.4 aurora room but i would like to have cm9 or aokp into our phone. in this case based is aosp ics aurora and ported will be cm9 or aokp for example? i´m right?
maybe is better port cm9 from desire z to my huawei u8800, since they have the same cpu and gpu.
dont want tou build a rom, just port.

please i need help. thanks anyway.

cheezzzz

Nov 29, 2011
lol be thankful you have an ICS rom.. Huawei X6 users like me are trying our best to port from u8860's ICS.

I'd like to ask if the method works for a device that does not have official ICS? i.e. porting an ICS rom to official GB?

Kindly advise sir, and thanks again!

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
im getting stuck in a bootloop...

INFO:
Device-Samsung Infuse
CM9 Base being used to port- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1601844
Rom trying to port- http://www.slimroms.com/ (the i9000 version aka galaxy s)

What i did:
1) opened cm9 base with 7zip, deleted app, framework, fonts, media folders
2) replaced deleted folders with app, framework, fonts and media folders from slim ics base 3.6
3) opened up slim ics 3.6 i9000 essentials with 7zip
4)navigated to app folder and moved apks files from ther to the cm9 base - did the same with framework, fonts, and media folders (I did not just copy the folders this time! i only copied the files inside the folders)
5) put zip on sdcard
6) rebooted and started log cat

any help would be apreciated :) if i dont answer back right away its because i have to pick my sister up from school
Here are the logcats: (All are the same logcat...but two of them are filtered)

Attachments

• Fatal.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 68

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
I think I kniw what the problem is...gonna attemot a fix after dinner

EDIT i got out of the boot loops and booted into my portes slimics...now to fix the bugs...there is ALOT

thanks for the guide will def give you some credit once i get this stable...may be getting some help from another dev

Last edited:
Reactions: xDa.Fun

rockyseenu

Sep 24, 2011
Bangalore

EDIT i got out of the boot loops and booted into my portes slimics...now to fix the bugs...there is ALOT

thanks for the guide will def give you some credit once i get this stable...may be getting some help from another dev

Can you please tell what was the problem and how did you fixed? Thanks.

aarrun

Jan 12, 2011
Mumbai
see i hve a question...., what does base mean? does it mean the ics rom which i hve for my device already ported or any ics rom available for my device's manufacturer?
like my phone is samsung galaxy 3....so shud the base be the rom which is available for my g3 or it can be any ics rom like say ics rom for samsung galax s?

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

i m seriously cponfused with that part..... m not gettin g what the base and the rom to be ported shud be?

tathanhlam66

Apr 17, 2011
Ha Noi
I'm trying to port slimICS and it gets stuck at boot. Here's my logcat if it helps.

http://logcat.miui.us/893012

see here
Code:
169: 	E/dalvikvm( 1190): ERROR: couldn't find native method
170: 	
171: 	E/dalvikvm( 1190): Requested: Lcom/android/server/PowerManagerService;.nativeStartSurfaceFlingerOffAnimation:(I)V
172: 	
173: 	E/JNIHelp ( 1190): RegisterNatives failed for 'com/android/server/PowerManagerService', aborting
baksmali classes.dex of services.jar
find PowerManagerService.smali file in the path com/android/server
add line
Code:
.method private native nativeStartSurfaceFlingerOffAnimation(I)V
.end method

Zorua

Aug 11, 2011
see here
Code:
169: 	E/dalvikvm( 1190): ERROR: couldn't find native method
170: 	
171: 	E/dalvikvm( 1190): Requested: Lcom/android/server/PowerManagerService;.nativeStartSurfaceFlingerOffAnimation:(I)V
172: 	
173: 	E/JNIHelp ( 1190): RegisterNatives failed for 'com/android/server/PowerManagerService', aborting
baksmali classes.dex of services.jar
find PowerManagerService.smali file in the path com/android/server
add line
Code:
.method private native nativeStartSurfaceFlingerOffAnimation(I)V
.end method

I don't have the folder com/android/server/. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Wow, I sound so stupid. Nvm, I did that edit. I had to look up smali and baksmali guides. I'll flash it and see if it boots.

Okay, still refusing to boot.
New logcat: http://logcat.miui.us/894002

EDIT 2: Booted but storage isn't working.
Logcat: http://logcat.miui.us/889025

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to port any ICS AOSP based roms to your Device (AOKP, CM9 & many other)

- for best compatibilty
    --> use same android versions. (4.0.4 -> 4.0.4 example)
    --> use latest base from CM9 (is best choose for port) or any AOSPbased ICS ROM
    --> use each brand for port (mean Desire HD -> Desire S or other HTC devices). you also can port other roms, but you will have issues.

PORT:

-> download latest cm9 base and extract it
    -> download target rom and extract it

for Camera
    use Camera.apk from base rom for camera issues fix.

copy
    /app
    /framework
    /media
    /fonts folders and replace in cm9 folder.

repack your zip and let it boot.
    if it doesn't boot then copy /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from target rom and repack your rom.zip and install again.. if you get bootloop anyway, then just type in adb "adb logcat" and share it with us in this thread..

if you dont get success dont cry, just try to port another rom :D you can not port all roms

for HTC Devices
    to fix network auto select,
    decompile framework-res.apk
    go to \framework-res\res\values\bools.xml change
    <bool name="skip_restoring_network_selection">true</bool>
    to false.
    to fix graphichal issues,

decompile framework.jar

change these files with cm9 base

smali\smali\android\os
    Environment
    SystemProperties
    smali\smali\android\view
    HardwareCanvas
    HardwareRenderer$Gl20Renderer
    HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer
    HardwareRenderer

enjoy!

if you like this guide, just give 5 stars to thread and click thanks button ;)
    Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think you just need another ROM that has the same Android version(4.0.x) and from the same manufacturer. So if my Galaxy S2 CM9 isn't being supported or w/e, you can download a CM9 ROM for the S3 and copy&replace the files mentioned in the OP.

I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure. I also need an adult to confirm this T_T

Base ROM must be a ROM for your device.. The other you download should be of the same android version from a device with similar specs(processor ram screen size etc). If your device doesn't have NFC make sure the build.prop doesn't have NFC mentioned anywhere and make sure there isn't a NFC.apk under system/apps

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

good guide

You can add

Copy etc\cron

And etc\init.d files to run RomControl fix

;)
    Ok Im telling the truth

I thought this guide was rubbish, but I looked at his thanks meter it changed my mind but i still didnt think itll work, di everything it told me, works perfectly but com.android.phone kept showing this error message every 3 seconds, added new phone.apk and telephony app from cm9 resized it to tablet values works great..