[GUIDE] How To Port Different Roms to Your Device - For CM, AOSP & AOKP

Did this guide work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Maurice5813

Jan 1, 1970
ya i dont like mac either but its the only computer in my house that has wifi and i cant get another one for a bit anyways the port rom has an extra folder in system called cameradata should i copy that to base and in the init.d folder in the port rom it has a whole bunch of init.d tweaks idk if its compatible with the galaxy nexus and or should i copy them to base and it has the regular init.d files that i deleted from base ?

No, don't ever copy folders like cameradata or ext4 or extra. But yeah, you can copy all those init.d tweaks, if it isn't compatible it won't start on boot;)

Maurice5813

Jan 1, 1970
ya i dont like mac either but its the only computer in my house that has wifi and i cant get another one for a bit anyways the port rom has an extra folder in system called cameradata should i copy that to base and in the init.d folder in the port rom it has a whole bunch of init.d tweaks idk if its compatible with the galaxy nexus and or should i copy them to base and it has the regular init.d files that i deleted from base ?

also, try the quick port steps, because sometimes permissions won't let the rom boot;)

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I wonder if is a good idea to leave framework storage_list.xml on base as it is and not use the one from port ROM?
Reason I ask is if the ROM I'm porting have some difference in hardware. Before I mess with it I ask just in case. Lol
Thanks as I successfully ported a nexus 5 aosp ROM into a smaller device like razor HD. The only thing is that is 50-50 as for some it boots perfect but for others get stuck on bootloop

gamerman123x

May 30, 2013
Toronto
Still get stuck in a bootloop when trying to port an updated version of I rom I already ported. I don't think it works on windows XP and Mac idk ill wait till the next update and see what happens

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Still get stuck in a bootloop when trying to port an updated version of I rom I already ported. I don't think it works on windows XP and Mac idk ill wait till the next update and see what happens

Base Galaxy Nexus
Port Galaxy S3

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I wonder if is a good idea to leave framework storage_list.xml on base as it is and not use the one from port ROM?
Reason I ask is if the ROM I'm porting have some difference in hardware. Before I mess with it I ask just in case. Lol
Thanks as I successfully ported a nexus 5 aosp ROM into a smaller device like razor HD. The only thing is that is 50-50 as for some it boots perfect but for others get stuck on bootloop

Any ideas?
True is I need to decompile/compile/sign as I do for any port anyway to make some edits to it but was wondering if this can work as the processor speed are different by a ton

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Maurice5813

Jan 1, 1970
Any ideas?
True is I need to decompile/compile/sign as I do for any port anyway to make some edits to it but was wondering if this can work as the processor speed are different by a ton

Any ideas?

well without changing that xml, the rom will still boot, but if there is no internal storage then you need to change it to the base roms

Reactions: TecknoFreak

gamerman123x

May 30, 2013
Toronto
@arDroid.99 is it ok to edit the updater script in meta inf -> Google - android and add the installation process text logo thing when installing. from the port rom to the base rom updater script?

Maurice5813

Jan 1, 1970
On my Mac I have a virtual image of windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04 is that ok to use to port and I have geany and 7zip on Ubuntu and notepad++ and winrar on windows 7 on my Mac

Yeah, if your got the windows 7 drivers I would install it, but if not install ubuntu 13.10, its way better than 10.04 with more support;)

Top Liked Posts