• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How To Port Different Roms to Your Device - For CM, AOSP & AOKP

Did this guide work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

hellakarsh

Apr 6, 2014
Moradabad
Need help!!

Hey!! I am running CM12 on my Xperia P but I need to upgrade to CM12.1 as I am facing memory leak issues and hopefully Google fixed them on 5.1.. So can I port an official CM12.1 ROM (say of Xperia SP) to my device running unofficial CM12 with this method and if yes then what will be the base rom and port rom for this project.. ?

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Hey!! I am running CM12 on my Xperia P but I need to upgrade to CM12.1 as I am facing memory leak issues and hopefully Google fixed them on 5.1.. So can I port an official CM12.1 ROM (say of Xperia SP) to my device running unofficial CM12 with this method and if yes then what will be the base rom and port rom for this project.. ?
It doesn't work cause it's not the same device

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

hellakarsh

Apr 6, 2014
Moradabad
It doesn't work cause it's not the same device

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Isn't it the sole purpose of porting a ROM? There is no 5.0.2 ROM for my phone and I just wanna port myself.. If I can't port a ROM from diff. phone, then what's the purpose of this guide is? BTW I m new to porting so can u give a link to a proper thread for instructions on porting a rom to diff. phone?

abivishvas

Mar 19, 2016
Maurice Can I Port Moto G stock rom to micromax a63 using this method

Maurice Can I Port Moto G stock rom to micromax a63 using this method
I already created the zip file following the methods can i flash i wont brick ah

if bricked what to do ?

pls answer me as soon as possible :rolleyes:

G

GuestD0567

I want to port cyanogenmod 12.1 to the Doogee F5, is this possible.
And wich base and port rom do i need for that???

Plz Reply

natique101

Jun 26, 2016
What if Base ROM and Port ROM are of different version.. like in my case I want to port CM12.1 unofficial to CM13 nightlies.. Can I use this guide..
Plzz Help

amin.no

Sep 8, 2015
gilan
i've trying to port cm12.1 on galaxy win. and port it and flash secarefully . but i see bootloop on cyanogen logo.
Inside lib folder search for these libs:

libandroid_runtime.so
libandroid_servers.so
libmedia_jni.so and replace them in base folder and install zip again. but i see a bootloop on samsung logo. and i can't use phone. how i can fix this bootloop??

basem_ym

Jul 6, 2015
Tartus
Nice and helpful and easy to understand guide :)
Here is my question:
The base rom is CM7.2 but there is some bugs (Camera,bluetooth,...blah blah) I mean fixable bugs but idont have that knowlege to fix them myself
Port rom is full funtional (CM7.2 as well) but for another drvice (same resolution, same manufaturer, ....)
In this case
If i ported this rom will those bugs be fixed??
Sorry I dont have much time due to some *** exams so I cant just try and burn this time in testing
I read till page 10 and I didnt find any answer for my question
Just want to know if this port will fix my base rom :D

sohamsen

Mar 30, 2016
Kolkata
Nice and helpful and easy to understand guide :)
Here is my question:
The base rom is CM7.2 but there is some bugs (Camera,bluetooth,...blah blah) I mean fixable bugs but idont have that knowlege to fix them myself
Port rom is full funtional (CM7.2 as well) but for another drvice (same resolution, same manufaturer, ....)
In this case
If i ported this rom will those bugs be fixed??
Sorry I dont have much time due to some *** exams so I cant just try and burn this time in testing
I read till page 10 and I didnt find any answer for my question
Just want to know if this port will fix my base rom :D

nope

Top Liked Posts