[GUIDE] How To Port Different Roms to Your Device - For CM, AOSP & AOKP

Did this guide work for you?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Milor123

Jul 10, 2016
port kernel without bootclasspath

Dude, how can port a boot that not have the "BOOTCLASSPATH"?? in my case, i want port a kernel 3.10.72 to 3.10.99 because need it for port a cm13 to my mt6282 device

can someone help me?? thank you very much

I've try replace the kernel "boot.img-kernel" and other files with the carlivimgkitchen... but it not work for me....

hyperterminal

May 26, 2016
In the last step you just have to make a zip of BASE Rom(since we did all the replacing with base rom)...which is consisting of these folders

META-INF
System
boot.img or data.img (if it is present)
file_contexts (if it is present)
Ok, Could I take any ROM as my 'port ROM' or is it supposed to be device specific? Could I take a Ressurection Remix ROM based on mm which was ported to my device by someone else as my base and Lineage OS 14.1 (of any device) as my 'port'?

Wizard_101

Apr 15, 2017
Ok, Could I take any ROM as my 'port ROM' or is it supposed to be device specific? Could I take a Ressurection Remix ROM based on mm which was ported to my device by someone else as my base and Lineage OS 14.1 (of any device) as my 'port'?

Rom porting is not so easy job
You can take the Rom you mentioned as long as it is bug free...
And yaa it is device specific in a manner..
Cause you would need specs of both phones matching...

Edit:
@sharath3589
My bad dude just so you don't face any problem with porting using the RR ROM u mentioned
I would suggest you to use the ROM which was developed from source for your device

Cause already ported ROM might give you bootloop problem...:p

Last edited:
Reactions: hyperterminal

Top Liked Posts