• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
Search This thread

Randula Hemal

Mar 6, 2014
Need To Know More About .
i Failed To Creat Cuztom Rom With Stock Rom...
i Created Fully Complete Custom Rom ...But I Cant Update Details On Updater-Script File..So I Faced Update Script Error And MD5 Cheksum Error Too...

Sent from my SM-J700F using XDA-Developers mobile app

Xendrix

Sep 2, 2015
Atlanta
HTC Desire 510
what can be ported here? i found "similar" phones that share same chipset but not same resolution, would i still be able to port?

only reason i want to do a port is becauese the cm12.1 for our device has broken camera , random reboots when wifi/mobile data is toggled, random reboots while in sleep mode and wireless data does not work....and i don know how to patch

jjziets

Jun 29, 2011
I am trying to get from Samsung Galaxy A7(SM-A700H) 5.0.2 rom to Run on the (SM-A7000). The later don't have Google Apps. The file structure of the Stok does not look like that. I have a system.img.ext4 in the A700HXXU1BPB2_A700HOJVU1BPB1_A700HXXU1BOF7_HOME.tar.md5 file.

I can mount the system.img.ext4 in ubuntu and get the same file structure. but it is read only and gives me errors when I copy between the two images.

if one of you sessoned developers can help and port the files over It would really make my day.

humble.bundle.0208

Oct 13, 2017
Dum question =)))

I'm sorry to ask this but.. I think there might be a little mistake as BASE.zip is supposed to mean the working ROM and PORT.zip is also supposed to mean the ROM i want to port, right mate?

Vmb265

Jan 21, 2017
Hi,im trying to port lineage os 15 from samsung galaxy nexus to j500f,but the base zip isnt having a system folder,it only has meta inf and install.Plz help!

CORE iT

Oct 1, 2017
How to port roms to your Device

Sick of seeing roms for other devices ? wanna experience them in your device ?

Well here's a guide to teach you just that .

Code:
KEEP THESE POINTS IN MIND

This guide wont make you a full fledged dev.
                It teaches you the basics of porting ROMS. 
                If anything happens to your device I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for IT ! try it on your own risk !

So to begin before starting right away have a check list of these items -

Code:
The rom which you want to port for your device is named here as [B]BASE[/B] 
            The rom which is already working for your device is called here as [B]PORT[/B]
             Your final ROM is in PORT

STEP 1

Grab a rom
Make sure to grab a rom of same resolution. for ex- 320x480.
And prefer to use the roms with same android version. for ex - android 4.0.4=android 4.0.4
also prefer to use roms from same manufacturer for ex - use htc desire S for htc desire HD
use either aosp or cm 7,9 or 10 working for your device as port
Download and install notepad++ and a archiver. ( I use winrar)

STEP 2

1_zps9cec6393.png

2_zps305d68f1.png

3PNGPNG_zps764c6a51.png

First open both the roms side by side in the zip form
perform these actions in PORT.zip
Go to system> then delete the app,media,fonts & framework folders.
now drag and drop the app,media,fonts & framework folders from base.zip to ported.zip

STEP 3

Now go to the etc folder in base.zip and the port.zip now see if the base.zip has any extra files other than those in the port.zip
if you find any put them in your etc folder of port.zip

STEP 4

4_zpsdb409c3b.png

Now open buid.prop file using Notepad++ and make changes to these of Port.zip
ro.build.id=
ro.build.display.id=
ro.build.date=
ro.modversion=

In build.prop file change these to same as Port Rom build.prop values. you can find these in additional build properties

5_zps67756f9e.png

6_zpsb8e74cca.png

ro.config.ringtone=
ro.config.notification_sound=
ro.config.alarm_alert=

If you want to port for htc devices try this if you face issues :

to fix network auto select,
decompile framework-res.apk
go to \framework-res\res\values\bools.xml change
<bool name="skip_restoring_network_selection">true</bool>
to false.

to fix graphichal issues,

decompile framework.jar

change these files with cm9 base

smali\smali\android\os
Environment
SystemProperties
smali\smali\android\view
HardwareCanvas
HardwareRenderer$Gl20Renderer
HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer
HardwareRenderer

Happy porting ! ;) :good:

SUPPORT MY WORK BY DONATING ME HERE :D

sir will this work on htc m9. i want to port pixel rom , and what will; happen if i dont delete app folder from porting rom

Feb 13, 2018
the final port rom that is the rom of the phone for which we are porting(as port.zip in your guide) can be any or only the stock rom ?? cause my stock rom doesn't has this etc fonts and the related folder it just has a firmfare folder.. so can i use a custom rom which is originaaly made for my device??

luckysoul777

Mar 6, 2015
Thank you for a great post. I have a noob question. I can unpack the system.img from my stock ROM into a folder of files to do all these import from another ROM. However, after I'm done with import and editing build.prop, how do I re-pack these files back into either a system.img (for Odin) or system.new.dat (for flashing under recovery)? Thanks

perdomoantonio27

May 1, 2018
Firmware Blu Advance 5.0 Pro Version A170q

I need a backup of the Blu Advance 5.0 Pro version A170q, this is because it is not available and my phone is briggered when installing an application. I have been told of a copy made by MtkDroidTools called! Files_to_FlashTool, if you could help me I would appreciate a world.

Regards..

KISSnaCHAPS

Jul 28, 2018
Mmx a107

yes you can
but be sure to choose the rom you wanna port from a device having same resolution i.e same as your mesmerize

Hey bro, i flashed aosp extended and resurrection remix unofficial version both with nougat in my Micromax canvas fire 4 a107. All was good but whenever i made a call after 10 to 20 seconds of calling my both sim networks would go nil and call would auto disconnect. Doing *#*#4636#*#* and changing wcdma preferred to gsm auto prl would extend call upto 2 minutes and again network would go and again checking in *#*#4636#*#* would show network mode wcdma preferred again. Is there any way to fix it?

For the same issue i am trying to port those roms rr and aex with my stock mmx a107 rom. How should i port it so that problem would get fixed? Thanks in advance. [email protected]

mech59

Nov 25, 2019
[HELP] Rom for Nokia 3

I have a Nokia 3 TA-1032 in which I want to use custom rom like lineageOS 16 or Resurrection Remix Pie, but I can not find any rom specifically made for Nokia 3. So I thought I might port rom, but I can not find a starting point.
Can anyone PLEASE help.?.?.?.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to port roms to your Device

Sick of seeing roms for other devices ? wanna experience them in your device ?

Well here's a guide to teach you just that .

Code:
    KEEP THESE POINTS IN MIND

This guide wont make you a full fledged dev.
                    It teaches you the basics of porting ROMS. 
                    If anything happens to your device I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE for IT ! try it on your own risk !

So to begin before starting right away have a check list of these items -

Code:
    The rom which you want to port for your device is named here as [B]BASE[/B] 
                The rom which is already working for your device is called here as [B]PORT[/B]
                 Your final ROM is in PORT

STEP 1

Grab a rom
    Make sure to grab a rom of same resolution. for ex- 320x480.
    And prefer to use the roms with same android version. for ex - android 4.0.4=android 4.0.4
    also prefer to use roms from same manufacturer for ex - use htc desire S for htc desire HD
    use either aosp or cm 7,9 or 10 working for your device as port
    Download and install notepad++ and a archiver. ( I use winrar)

STEP 2

1_zps9cec6393.png

2_zps305d68f1.png

3PNGPNG_zps764c6a51.png

First open both the roms side by side in the zip form
    perform these actions in PORT.zip
    Go to system> then delete the app,media,fonts & framework folders.
    now drag and drop the app,media,fonts & framework folders from base.zip to ported.zip

STEP 3

Now go to the etc folder in base.zip and the port.zip now see if the base.zip has any extra files other than those in the port.zip
    if you find any put them in your etc folder of port.zip

STEP 4

4_zpsdb409c3b.png

Now open buid.prop file using Notepad++ and make changes to these of Port.zip
    ro.build.id=
    ro.build.display.id=
    ro.build.date=
    ro.modversion=

In build.prop file change these to same as Port Rom build.prop values. you can find these in additional build properties

5_zps67756f9e.png

6_zpsb8e74cca.png

ro.config.ringtone=
    ro.config.notification_sound=
    ro.config.alarm_alert=

If you want to port for htc devices try this if you face issues :

to fix network auto select,
    decompile framework-res.apk
    go to \framework-res\res\values\bools.xml change
    <bool name="skip_restoring_network_selection">true</bool>
    to false.

to fix graphichal issues,

decompile framework.jar

change these files with cm9 base

smali\smali\android\os
    Environment
    SystemProperties
    smali\smali\android\view
    HardwareCanvas
    HardwareRenderer$Gl20Renderer
    HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer
    HardwareRenderer

Happy porting ! ;) :good:

SUPPORT MY WORK BY DONATING ME HERE :D
    try this guide buddy

Nice guide

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

try this guide buddy and plz tell me how did it go ?
    erm yes

How about the Fascinate/Mesmerize?

Sent from my Galaxy S Mesmerize running AOKP Build 5 JellyBean with Devil Kernel 1.6.1

yes you can
    but be sure to choose the rom you wanna port from a device having same resolution i.e same as your mesmerize
    Nice guide

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium
    just look for roms in lg p500 or galaxy ace if you like any port them
    but remember to take their developers permissions first

Two more Galaxy gio and most important HTC Wildfire S.
    :D