• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to port ROMS

Search This thread

jonny_blagwind

Mar 15, 2013
Hi there guys I'm interested in porting a rom for an Android tv box, the box in question is called the q-box there is two types the earlier one has the s905 amologic chip the newer one has s905x chip otherwise they are the same except for the 905 having Android 5.1 and the 905x having Android 6 will it be easy to port the 905x firmware to work with the 905?

Ajinkya4591

Feb 24, 2017
Solution

Can u give solution always stuck on samsung logo

Attachments

• Photo0064.jpg
    Photo0064.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 234

guitar1238751

Mar 25, 2015
New York City
Last edited:

Yogesh1969

Oct 2, 2012
Mumbai
Mostly depends on device but if you going to do ROM then do kernel to match

Meant to reply someone else.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

i wanna know that if i want to port a lineage os rom .should i change my stock kernel with lineage kernel?lineage doesnt work with stock kernel

In most cases, patched stock boot.img is used. So search for custom roms for your device or you have to patch boot yourself.

P

podagee

how are you gonna say delete the system/app and then you say put the files back into the system/app you just deleted? i think you need to re-read what you quoted from the source and then re-edit it. to some,the experienced,may know what you meant. to a beginner,hmmmm quite confusing.

DrewT4XP198

Jul 3, 2018
Boot.img

I thought we may need to change stuff in boot.img? Im porting a rom made for a different device so do i need to change boot.img? Does the kernel need to be changed? Or do I leave it all alone? Help me please :D :) :eek: :good: :fingers-crossed: :good: :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts