• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to port ROMS

Search This thread

DrewT4XP198

Jul 3, 2018
Can someone help me port a rom?

Hello. I still managed to mess up even with a guide and got an update error script: 11 error message when trying to flash in TWRP. I am like the king of all noobs so can someone help me port a rom to the SM-J727P? I would really appreciate it and if you don't have a J7 Perx (SM-J727P) I'll test the room out on mine (what I'm currently using) please and thanks
ROM I want to port: https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-j7/development/rom-synexos-v1-0-updated-25-02-2017-t3755150

AAlrawi

May 6, 2019
i need a custom rom for samsung galaxy j2 pro 2018 pie or oreo

hi

I am looking for a custom rom for my phone which is a Samsung galaxy j2 pro-16gb

I would like a Samsung stock pie rom for my device or an oreo rom for my deivce

if anyone can create or port a rom for my device it would be really much appreciated

Abdullah Alrawi

Last edited:

Yogesh1969

Oct 2, 2012
Mumbai
hi

I am looking for a custom rom for my phone which is a Samsung galaxy j2 pro-16gb

I would like a Samsung stock pie rom for my device or an oreo rom for my deivce

if anyone can create or port a rom for my device it would be really much appreciated

Abdullah Alrawi

Bro, if you don't want to port yourself, search on xda or google for custom roms specifically for your model.
In this thread(and threads like this) , we learn to port roms ourselves, which is a time consuming but enjoyable experience.

2gg1

Mar 15, 2019
Will a spreadtrum device rom work on any spreadtrum device or is a spreadtum (example) 1671 not compatible with a (example) 8154

hugoBOSS1981

Oct 8, 2017
San Antonio
www.hugobecerra.com
1st time Porting Experience

Apologies in advance if this has been said already, but, I'm completely new to ROM porting and I'd like to know if it is possible to port the Viper OS into another ROM that isn't officially listed on their site. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy TAB E (SM-T377T) and I have the stock boot/Recovery IMG's. As far as I could find, I was unable to locate a compatible (CPU) device that has the Viper OS available to it, so would it be possible to compile the Viper OS from scratch somehow to make a compatible version for this tablet, even though it may not have any support available anywhere in this regard? if so, would it be as simple as following this guide to test it? I appreciate any advice you can give me on this. :)

kensk8

Oct 30, 2017
São Paulo
Hey guys. I have a question please, is it possible for me to make a MIUI12 portal for the Mi CC9e for my Mi A3? it takes a lot of work, the phone is identical to mine the only difference is system and etc, any ideas about that?
I appreciate all the help guys and thank you! :p

Yogesh1969

Oct 2, 2012
Mumbai
Hey guys. I have a question please, is it possible for me to make a MIUI12 portal for the Mi CC9e for my Mi A3? it takes a lot of work, the phone is identical to mine the only difference is system and etc, any ideas about that?
I appreciate all the help guys and thank you! :p

This guide is a general help in porting. If the specifications of the porting device rom are similar, it becomes easier to port. So read the OP properly and then compare the device specifications before porting . Best of luck. :):)

SL.Pirate

I am trying to port Ubuntu touch for SM-G360H
there says I need the lineage.dependancies or cm.dependancies file from the lineaage rom. There are no official los rom for my device but there are unofficial roms. when I open the source code of the unofficial rom, I don't see either of the files. can someone tell me how to get the file? I'm attaching a screenshot of the source code of the unofficial rom
Thanks in advance
PS-I really hope this thread isn't dead

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2021-05-08 18-30-33.png
    Screenshot from 2021-05-08 18-30-33.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 6

SL.Pirate

there says I need the lineage.dependancies or cm.dependancies file from the lineaage rom. There are no official los rom for my device but there are unofficial roms. when I open the source code of the unofficial rom, I don't see either of the files. can someone tell me how to get the file? I'm attaching a screenshot of the source code of the unofficial rom
Thanks in advance
I found the cm.dependancies file from cm 13 rom but I was looking for los 14. will this work?

SL.Pirate

Thanks in advance
found it

Top Liked Posts