• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to properly solve the errors of the SP FLASH TOOL for MERLIN ? (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
WARNINGS:
  • Keep your backup files safe and secure ! If you can, encrypt them.
  • If you try to flash in "firmware upgrade" mode, bootloader will be LOCKED again !
  • Never try to flash in "format all" mode ! Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI and MAC.
  • Never try to share your backups or your security and privacy will be compromised.
  • USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.
Did you have any other error not mentioned here ? :cry:
Just attach the screenshot of the error and explain some what you did to get this error and we will try to help. :cowboy:
Good luck ! 🥳

Error: "LIB DA not match"
1613484687841-2-png.5230497
If you are facing this issue, you have three solutions for that error:​
#1. Try on Linux.​
#2. Download an older version of the SP Flash Tool. See "Alternative Downloads" in this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4229937/
#3. Uncheck "LIB DA match" in the Options. Check step #10 of this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4229937/

Error: "PMT changed for the ROM"
81pxo2pdrh641-png.5230499
Firstly, NEVER try to flash in "format all" mode !​
Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI and MAC.​
If you are facing "PMT changed" message, your device has an older scatter file inside it.​
This is because there is any modification to the scatter file you are using to the scatter file used before.​
There are some minor changes from scatter file of the MIUI 11 to the scatter file of MIUI 12, but nothing significant. You can ignore it.​
You have two solutions for that error:​
#1. Use the same scatter file present on the device.​
#2. Flash using "firmware upgrade" mode and a new PMT will be written.​
But, if you flash using "firmware upgrade" mode, bootloader will be LOCKED again and userdata will be ERASED.​
If you want, you can backup the state of unlocked bootloader BEFORE the "firmware upgrade" and then restore it after.​
Just follow this guide before the "firmware upgrade": https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...omi-redmi-note-9-xiaomi-redmi-10x-4g.4220013/

Error: "STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL"
chua-co-ten2-2-png.5230501
Just simple try to boot/reboot your device.​
Once is enough.​
It will refresh the download/EDL mode.​

Error: "STATUS_SEC_AUTH_FILE_NEEDED"
clipboard01-jpg.5230491
If you are facing this error, you are trying to flash using EDL mode.​
Firstly, try to flash in download mode and not in EDL mode.​
Just connect the powered off device without press any key.​
If you want to flash in EDL mode, you need to bypass authentication.​

Error: "STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL"
clipboard02-jpg.5230493

Error: "STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL"
clipboard04-jpg.5230495
Just use the properly DA (Download-agent) file for MERLIN devices.​

Error: "STATUS_EXT_RAM_EXCEPTION"
doc_2021-03-10_21-56-57-2-png.5246241
Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI and MAC.​
If you are facing "EXT RAM Exception" message, probably your device is DEAD or uncompatible with ROM variant.​
Just Flash using the "FIRMWARE UPGRADE" mode and your device will be alive again.​
If you flash using "firmware upgrade" mode, bootloader will be LOCKED again and userdata will be ERASED.​
If you want, you can backup the state of unlocked bootloader BEFORE the "firmware upgrade" and then restore it after.​
Just follow this guide before the "firmware upgrade": https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...omi-redmi-note-9-xiaomi-redmi-10x-4g.4220013/

:unsure: Do you need help with your MERLIN device ?
Read this FAQ: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4225163/

Attachments

• Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 7,163
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 7,217
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 7,199
  • 81pxo2pdrh641.png
    81pxo2pdrh641.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 7,278
  • 1613484687841-2.png
    1613484687841-2.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 7,270
  • chua-co-ten2--2.png
    chua-co-ten2--2.png
    10.2 KB · Views: 7,232
  • doc_2021-03-10_21-56-57--2.png
    doc_2021-03-10_21-56-57--2.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 6,978
Last edited:

Montaal

May 23, 2017
Hi guys, i flashed with sp flash tool but i failed formating all and now i dont have IMEI

Now i just read your advice
Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI and MAC.

What can i do now? I am in 12.0.8 and cant unlock bootloader because i cant add miui account and cant use the phone because google verification..

I now what my imei is because i have the box of the phone can i do something?
Thx for the help

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
Hi guys, i flashed with sp flash tool but i failed formating all and now i dont have IMEI

Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI and MAC.

What can i do now? I am in 12.0.8 and cant unlock bootloader because i cant add miui account and cant use the phone because google verification..

Thx for the help
You need to recover your imei writing that using modem meta and engineering room.
Good luck

Reactions: RN9_G85

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WARNINGS:
    • Keep your backup files safe and secure ! If you can, encrypt them.
    • If you try to flash in "firmware upgrade" mode, bootloader will be LOCKED again !
    • Never try to flash in "format all" mode ! Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI and MAC.
    • Never try to share your backups or your security and privacy will be compromised.
    • USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.
    Did you have any other error not mentioned here ? :cry:
    Just attach the screenshot of the error and explain some what you did to get this error and we will try to help. :cowboy:
    Good luck ! 🥳

Error: "LIB DA not match"
    1613484687841-2-png.5230497
    If you are facing this issue, you have three solutions for that error:​
    #1. Try on Linux.​
    #2. Download an older version of the SP Flash Tool. See "Alternative Downloads" in this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4229937/
    #3. Uncheck "LIB DA match" in the Options. Check step #10 of this guide: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4229937/

Error: "PMT changed for the ROM"
    81pxo2pdrh641-png.5230499
    If you are facing "PMT changed" message, your device has an older scatter file inside it.​
    This is because there is any modification to the scatter file you are using to the scatter file used before.​
    There are some minor changes from scatter file of the MIUI 11 to the scatter file of MIUI 12, but nothing significant. You can ignore it.​
    You have two solutions for that error:​
    #1. Use the same scatter file present on the device.​
    #2. Flash using "firmware upgrade" mode and a new PMT will be written.​
    But, if you flash using "firmware upgrade" mode, bootloader will be LOCKED again and userdata will be ERASED.​

Error: "STATUS_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL"
    chua-co-ten2-2-png.5230501
    Just simple try to boot/reboot your device.​
    Once is enough.​
    It will refresh the download/EDL mode.​

Error: "STATUS_SEC_AUTH_FILE_NEEDED"
    clipboard01-jpg.5230491

Error: "STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL"
    clipboard02-jpg.5230493

Error: "STATUS_BROM_CMD_SEND_DA_FAIL"
    clipboard04-jpg.5230495
    Just use the properly DA (Download-agent) file for MERLIN devices.​

Error: "STATUS_EXT_RAM_EXCEPTION"
    doc_2021-03-10_21-56-57-2-png.5246241
    If you are facing "EXT RAM Exception" message, probably your device is DEAD or uncompatible with ROM variant.​
    Just Flash using the "FIRMWARE UPGRADE" mode and your device will be alive again.​
    If you flash using "firmware upgrade" mode, bootloader will be LOCKED again and userdata will be ERASED.​

:unsure: Do you need help with your MERLIN device ?
    Read this FAQ: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4225163/
    Hi @VD171
    I've tried u'r method for Error: "STATUS_EXT_RAM_EXCEPTION"
    but still my devices wont turn on. Do you have any suggestion?
    Did you flash the original stock MIUI again using the FIRMWARE UPGRADE mode?
    Yes i did. I even flash the global & chinese ROM, but still gave me that error message
    So, I'm not sure.
    You need to keep trying everything you can.
    That's just an ocasionally error.

Thx for the help
    You need to recover your imei writing that using modem meta and engineering room.
    Good luck