[GUIDE]How to reboot to EDL from fastboot

Are you able to reboot to EDL mode with this method?

• Yes

Votes: 249 43.0%
  • No

Votes: 188 32.5%
  • Have no EDL mode in my device

Votes: 142 24.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread
Jun 3, 2019
I Flashed My Phone Now Not Working

When I was Flashing Through Odin My galaxy A300f A sudden power Failure Caused and after I try to Turn On my device Its keeps vibrating Doesnt Stops when i press 3 buttons to reboot to odin it goes off (vibrate stops ) and pc doesnot detect my phone can someone help me

FernBch

When I was Flashing Through Odin My galaxy A300f A sudden power Failure Caused and after I try to Turn On my device Its keeps vibrating Doesnt Stops when i press 3 buttons to reboot to odin it goes off (vibrate stops ) and pc doesnot detect my phone can someone help me
Does someone you know have the same device or one that uses the same battery? If yes have them put your battery in their device and charge it to 100%.

Pixel 3 XL, haven't crashed it, YET

Cuesta4

Jan 11, 2014
Dude, you're a genius. I wish a had seen this a year ago, many white hairs woudnt be here.

Thanks anyway!

heynando

Aug 1, 2008
Can this be EDL mode be accessed with a locked bootloader in a Google Pixel device? What about Samsung Knox? Why don't the manufacturers patch the vulnerabilities?

I was searching for a topic to discuss EDL vulnerabilities. This might as well be it.

Today I saw a technician use a combined hardware & software tool that bypasses the locked state of bootloader and flashes a new boot image, it replaces the Google account in the process. The device was a Motorola z2 play updated to the last firmware. I imagine the tool uses EDL mode to perform said operation.

The tool the technician used goes by many names, but it is conventionally called UMT Box
https://gsmserver.com/umt-pro-box/
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/oIq3drze

Last edited:
Reactions: HemanthJabalpuri

Zozomon

Sep 1, 2018
Will this works for bootloader locked Mi Max2 that stucked at mi logo out of sudden?

Well, it says in at EDL mode but my phone switch from fastboot mode into mi logo state(the bricked stage).

Last edited:

AntonioKi

Dec 29, 2014
Hi people, please tell me, who knows, there is a similar solution for android ZenFone Live L1 (ZA550KL/G552KL):confused:
I need to switch from Qualcomm Hs USB Qdloader 900E mode to Qualcomm Hs USB Qdloader 9008 mode
The method which in the first post does not help me :(

Reactions: Ricardo Alencar

Sukasoo Kuro

Apr 30, 2020
Unlocking bootloader code from android lmq910f54c6fd9

Works perfectly for me :)

Hey, I'm having trouble trying to root my Android lmq910f54c6fd9 device, it's bootloader and carrier unlocked.
However, I'm using an hp pavilion pc model #: dv6-1243cl on windows 10.
I downloaded wtrp and magisk on my android and both don't work, so I tried using cmd from usb mode pc to android and still nothing.

bmg002

Aug 21, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus
Hey, I'm having trouble trying to root my Android lmq910f54c6fd9 device, it's bootloader and carrier unlocked.
However, I'm using an hp pavilion pc model #: dv6-1243cl on windows 10.
I downloaded wtrp and magisk on my android and both don't work, so I tried using cmd from usb mode pc to android and still nothing.
Can you elaborate?
What errors do you get when trying to boot TWRP?
What android version are you on?
Do you have any logs?

And lastly, I think your post was off topic. This thread is about EDL mode, not rooting, TWRP or magisk...

Achando

Oct 25, 2020
Xiaomi Mi 1S

Doesn't work on Xiaomi Mi 1s (wanted to revive an old phone :) that is bricked and can only boot into fastboot) Here is the link for the fastboot files if someone can take a look ( xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/mione/stable/JMACNBL18.0/ )

Other thing is when trying to erase( for example : fastboot erase recovery ) it get's an error :
erasing 'cache'...
FAILED (remote: Partition table doesn't exist
)

if anyone knows a fix I'm open for suggestion! :eek:

M

mmb_9

How can I fix it without losing my data or at least make a backup

I have a question. I downloaded an update yesterday for Mi Max 3. The screen stayed black with the MI logo for hours. I tried the following but didn't work:

- Connecting to Mi PC suite, but it isn't recognizing the device.
- Downloaded many drives for the USB, but still the device is not being recognized.
- MiFlash recognize the device, but when I downloaded the Rom (both recovery and nitrogen) it is mentioned can't find file flash all.
- I tried to put some commands such as adb back up, but it informs me no device found.

I want to know what should I do, I don't want to lose the data on the phone.

I have a bricked Oneplus 8 Pro. I am unable to enter qualcomm/edl mode. cannot use MSM without edl... When i hold the up & down volume buttons and connect the cable, it boots into fastboot mode. I've entered fastboot oem edl and fastboot reboot-edl but neither do it. any ideas? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Most Qualcomm-based Android PDAs support emergency download (EDL) mode allowing to unbrick device, unlock bootloader or modify protected device parameters. If ADB interface is accessible, "adb reboot edl" can be used to reboot to EDL mode.

Many bricked PDAs cannot be booted with full ADB support while FastBoot mode is accessible. But if bootloader is locked, there is no way to flash a partition or boot an image.

Some firmwares support rebooting to EDL in Android Bootloader aboot module (the "reboot-edl" command) but fastboot utility doesn't recognize "reboot-edl" in the command line and refuses to sent the command to the device.

Since FastBoot command protocol is simple and text-based, it is enough to send a packet containing "reboot-edl" text over USB. The simplest way to do that is to patch Windows fastboot.exe file, replacing "reboot-bootloader" text with "reboot-edl". As "reboot-bootloader" string is found in the command line, fastboot.exe sends the same constant string to the device. So if "reboot-bootloader" is replaced with "reboot-edl", you can specify "reboot-edl" in the command line and the same text will be sent to the device.

In the attached example, the mentioned string is located at offset 2685c.

I occasionally locked bootloader in my unlocked/rooted Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro (Snapdragon) so it could boot to FastBoot or Diagnostic 900E modes. Tried to swich from 900E to 9008 with QPST but it reported unspecified error.

Analyzing aboot (emmc_appsboot.mbn), found that it supports "reboot-edl" so the only remaining thing was to find a way to send it to the bootloader.

With the attached fastboot.exe, successfully rebooted to EDL mode (9008) and re-flashed proper partition images.

Of course, patched version does not support "reboot-bootloader" command because it has been replaced by "reboot-edl".

There also is a detailed guide.
    Works perfectly for me :)
    can't get it work on xiaomi mi max
    Your bootloader supports the following oem commands in FastBoot mode:

oem unlock
    oem lock
    oem edl
    oem device-info
    oem enable-charger-screen
    oem disable-charger-screen
    oem off-mode-charge
    oem poweroff
    oem select-display-panel

So "oem edl" should switch the phone to EDL mode (any fastboot.exe will support that).

Additionally, "oem poweroff" should power the phone off.
    How do you analyze aboot to know which commands in fastboot mode is supported? IDA?
    There is no need to disassemble the code. Looking on aboot_fastboot_register_commands function in aboot.c, you can see there is a command table starting from "flash:" and "erase:". So just open binary module in a hex viewer, search for "flash:" and you will see the command table.
    How you know I was talking about YUPHORIA :333
    Thanks for the heads up :33

Its your signature... & we may crossed path before in YU forums.
    @HampTheToker

Asus doesn't provide any reboot to EDL option. Available options are:
    • reboot
    • reboot-bootloader
    • preflash
    • oem reboot-recovery
    • oem device-info
    • oem get_build_version
    • oem disable-charger-mode
    • oem enable-charger-mode
    • oem select-display-panel
    • oem adb_enable
    • oem adb_enable_cts
    • oem partition-test

You may take a look in the discussion in this thread.