• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to restore IMEI, Baseband, MAC, fix NVRAM WARNING and fix NVDATA CORRUPTED on MERLIN ? (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

Berxwedan

Aug 11, 2011
When i backup imei using Skyhawk recovery it backs up following images (creates a flashable zip): nvcfg.img, nvdata.img, nvram.bin, persist.img, protect1.img, protect2.img, seccfg.img

It doesn't back up proinfo partition. The phone is on global 12.0.4 rom. What if i do a complete wipe and install 12.5.1 from fastboot/sp flash tool and flash that imei backup from SHRP? I hard bricked this phone once while trying to recover my imei and had it serviced. I don't want to experience that again.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
When i backup imei using Skyhawk recovery it backs up following images (creates a flashable zip): nvcfg.img, nvdata.img, nvram.bin, persist.img, protect1.img, protect2.img, seccfg.img

It doesn't back up proinfo partition. The phone is on global 12.0.4 rom. What if i do a complete wipe and install 12.5.1 from fastboot/sp flash tool and flash that imei backup from SHRP? I hard bricked this phone once while trying to recover my imei and had it serviced. I don't want to experience that again.
Just backup them manually.

Berxwedan

Aug 11, 2011
I see, i can back them up with SP Flash Tool manually. But will it work with format all/download with every image selected from the scatter file (including preload)? It won't lock the bootloader? It's an upgrade from 12.0.4 to 12.5.1. Are they compatible (nvram, nvcfg etc. backups)? Sorry, I have never used MTK chips before. Qualcomm chips I used don't erase imei, mac data etc. with complete wipe and flash.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I see, i can back them up with SP Flash Tool manually. But will it work with format all/download with every image selected from the scatter file (including preload)? It won't lock the bootloader? It's an upgrade from 12.0.4 to 12.5.1. Are they compatible (nvram, nvcfg etc. backups)? Sorry, I have never used MTK chips before. Qualcomm chips I used don't erase imei, mac data etc. with complete wipe and flash.
I strongly suggest you to NEVER flash in "format all" mode.
Please, avoid that !
Firstly, backup those partitions and you will be fine if you have any problem:

Berxwedan

Aug 11, 2011
I flashed 12.5.1 global rom from a 12.0.6 global rom using SP Flash Tool (selecting download only). My imei, baseband etc. disappeared. I tried to flash backups but it complained about "preloader". Now i can't even connect to phone, windows tells me that usb device malfunctioned. Can't enter fastboot or recovery or can't use sp flash tool.

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7
I flashed 12.5.1 global rom from a 12.0.6 global rom using SP Flash Tool (selecting download only). My imei, baseband etc. disappeared. I tried to flash backups but it complained about "preloader". Now i can't even connect to phone, windows tells me that usb device malfunctioned. Can't enter fastboot or recovery or can't use sp flash tool.
May you attach the screenshot, please?

Berxwedan

Aug 11, 2011
I didn't take a screenshot but it complained that the preloader versions were not the same. It popped up instantly and immediately, i don't get how it messed the phone. The phone seems dead except this error below.

As for the windows usb error:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 14

Berxwedan

Aug 11, 2011
Phone is closed and doesn't open. Tried both uart (no port number) and usb but it can't establish a connection.

Berxwedan

Aug 11, 2011
I get a 0xc0010001 error with uart connection. With usb connection, i hit the download button, it doesn't throw any errors but it also doesn't show any progress.

Attachments

• uart.jpg
    uart.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 21
  • usb.jpg
    usb.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 20

Berxwedan

Aug 11, 2011
The same error is there even if you have no phone connected to pc. I still get the same error with preloader unticked. Phone doesn't get any port number (COM1, COM2 etc.) because it's not recognized by windows anymore, hence it can't start the flashing process. That's my understanding from logs located at "C:\ProgramData\SP_FT_Logs".

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warnings:

- This guide requires the backup be done when the IMEI was present!
    - NEVER try to flash in "format all" mode ! Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI.
    - Keep your backup files safe and secure ! If you can, encrypt them.
    - Never try to share your backups or your security and privacy will be compromised.
    - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

What this guide does ?

- Restores IMEI.
    - Restores Baseband/RADIO/Modem.
    - Restores Wi-Fi MAC.
    - Restores Bluetooth MAC.
    - Fixes "NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10" error.
    - Fixes NV Data corrupted error.
    - Fixes unknown baseband.
    - Fixes null IMEI.

How to backup ?
    You can backup the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or anyway you want.
    I suggest you to use your favorite tool.

How to restore ?
    You can restore the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or anyway you want.
    I suggest you to use same tool of backup.

Partition: nvcfg
    Description: This partition stores variable configs of NVDATA and NVRAM.​
    Size: 32.768 KiB (32 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p11​
    Start address: 0xa4a2000​
    Length: 0x2000000​
    2021-02-07_17.15.13.png

Partition: nvdata
    Description: This partition stores variable data of secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI, WiFi MAC, Bluetooth MAC, calibration data and others.​
    Size: 65.536 KiB (64 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p12​
    Start address: 0xc4a2000​
    Length: 0x4000000​
    2021-02-07_17.14.51.png

Partition: nvram
    Description: This partition stores persistent data of secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI, WiFi MAC, Bluetooth MAC, calibration data and others.​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p21​
    Start address: 0x19f00000​
    2021-02-07_17.15.59.png

Partition: persist
    Description: This partition stores persistent data for factory reset protection. Like google account and miaccount/micloud.​
    Size: 49.152 KiB (48 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p13​
    Start address: 0x104a2000​
    Length: 0x3000000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.58.png

Partition: proinfo
    Description: This partitions stores persistent data of default structure for NVRAM/RADIO/MODEM/BASEBAND.​
    Size: 3.072 KiB (3 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p19​
    Start address: 0x18200000​
    Length: 0x300000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.10.png

Partition: protect1 (or protect_f)
    Description: This partition stores variable data of SIM/RADIO/MODEM/BASEBAND settings and infos.​
    Size: 8.192 KiB (8 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p15​
    Start address: 0x164a2000​
    Length: 0x800000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.27.png

Partition: protect2 (or protect_s)
    Description: This partition stores variable data of SIM/RADIO/MODEM/BASEBAND settings and infos.​
    Size: 11.640 KiB (11,36 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p16​
    Start address: 0x16ca2000​
    Length: 0xb5e000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.48.png

:unsure: Do you need help with your MERLIN device ?
    Read this FAQ: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4225163/
    Warnings:

- This guide requires the backup be done when the IMEI was present!
    - NEVER try to flash in "format all" mode ! Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI.
    - Keep your backup files safe and secure ! If you can, encrypt them.
    - Never try to share your backups or your security and privacy will be compromised.
    - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

Partition: nvram
    Description: This partition stores persistent data of secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI, WiFi MAC, Bluetooth MAC, calibration data and others.​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p21​
    Start address: 0x19f00000​
    2021-02-07_17.15.59.png

in my case nvram location in /dev/block/mmcblk0p22Screenshot_18.png
    Screenshot_18.png
    HOW TO TAKE BACK UP REPAIRED IMEI VIA METAMOD ON ENGINEERING ROMNOW I WANNA FLASH LATEST ROM CAN UH TELL ME HOW TAKE BACK UP...? ND RESTORE IN OFFICIAL ROM?
    You can backup the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or any tool you want.
    The thread is not specific for how to use any tool.
    You need to google about it or watch any video in youtube.
    Good luck
    I am getting a "checksum invalid" error.
    I flashed the engineering ROM to restore my IMEI information. Using the scatter file from the engineering ROM, I used SP flash tool to extract nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, pretect1 and protect2. I do this using the "readback" option in SP Flash
    I then edit the scatter file of stock global 12.0.6, and load it back into SP flash tool, but it tells me the checksums are invalid. Am I doing something incorrectly?

EDIT: I've just read in another post that trying to set IMEI 1 will cause this error. I'll try the process again and update this if I learn anything else.

EDIT2: Same issue when just doing IMEI2 on the partition. Pulling the above mentioned partitions from the device still results in files that give a failing checksum. Flashing a the stock 12.0.6 ends up in the recovery menu with the "NV data is corrupted" message
    Try to delete the file "Checksum.ini".
    That allowed it to pass!
    When I plug the device in, the chip on the right hand side (when the screen is facing you) gets very warm, and the screen flashes (seems to turn on/off constantly).
    Unfortunately I think must have shorted something, so I think that ends my learning on this one.
    Did you change something on the hardware?