[GUIDE] How to restore IMEI, Baseband, MAC, fix NVRAM WARNING and fix NVDATA CORRUPTED on MERLIN ? (Redmi Note 9 / Redmi 10X 4G)

Search This thread

Rlucifer.01

Sep 6, 2021
Warnings:

- This guide requires the backup be done when the IMEI was present!
- NEVER try to flash in "format all" mode ! Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI.
- Keep your backup files safe and secure ! If you can, encrypt them.
- Never try to share your backups or your security and privacy will be compromised.
- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

What this guide does ?

- Restores IMEI.
- Restores Baseband/RADIO/Modem.
- Restores Wi-Fi MAC.
- Restores Bluetooth MAC.
- Fixes "NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10" error.
- Fixes NV Data corrupted error.
- Fixes unknown baseband.
- Fixes null IMEI.

How to backup ?
You can backup the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or anyway you want.
I suggest you to use your favorite tool.

How to restore ?
You can restore the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or anyway you want.
I suggest you to use same tool of backup.

Partition: nvcfg
Description: This partition stores variable configs of NVDATA and NVRAM.​
Size: 32.768 KiB (32 MiB)​
Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p11​
Start address: 0xa4a2000​
Length: 0x2000000​
2021-02-07_17.15.13.png

Partition: nvdata
Description: This partition stores variable data of secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI, WiFi MAC, Bluetooth MAC, calibration data and others.​
Size: 65.536 KiB (64 MiB)​
Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p12​
Start address: 0xc4a2000​
Length: 0x4000000​
2021-02-07_17.14.51.png

Partition: nvram
Description: This partition stores persistent data of secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI, WiFi MAC, Bluetooth MAC, calibration data and others.​
Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p21​
Start address: 0x19f00000​
2021-02-07_17.15.59.png

Partition: persist
Description: This partition stores persistent data for factory reset protection. Like google account and miaccount/micloud.​
Size: 49.152 KiB (48 MiB)​
Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p13​
Start address: 0x104a2000​
Length: 0x3000000​
2021-02-07_17.16.58.png

Partition: proinfo
Description: This partitions stores persistent data of default structure for NVRAM/RADIO/MODEM/BASEBAND.​
Size: 3.072 KiB (3 MiB)​
Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p19​
Start address: 0x18200000​
Length: 0x300000​
2021-02-07_17.16.10.png

Partition: protect1 (or protect_f)
Description: This partition stores variable data of SIM/RADIO/MODEM/BASEBAND settings and infos.​
Size: 8.192 KiB (8 MiB)​
Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p15​
Start address: 0x164a2000​
Length: 0x800000​
2021-02-07_17.16.27.png

Partition: protect2 (or protect_s)
Description: This partition stores variable data of SIM/RADIO/MODEM/BASEBAND settings and infos.​
Size: 11.640 KiB (11,36 MiB)​
Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p16​
Start address: 0x16ca2000​
Length: 0xb5e000​
2021-02-07_17.16.48.png

:unsure: Do you need help with your MERLIN device ?
Read this FAQ: https://xdaforums.com/t/faq-guide-h...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4225163/
do you have the latest eng rom?

Rlucifer.01

Sep 6, 2021
Doesn't matter the version of the engineering rom.
They all have the same utilities and purposes.
I have tried all eng Rom that you give, they have same baseband, it did connect to signal but signal is so weak, maybe eng Rom with newest basband, even if i update to latest stock Rom and the baseband is updated it still doesnt help for better signal, i have tried to use md1img from another stock firmware but it doesnt have meta mode

VD171

Jun 21, 2012
LG K10
Samsung Galaxy J7

Nicolasjfb

Apr 10, 2022
Hello guys, can anyone help me i need some guidance. My redmi 9 got hard bricked but i was able to repair him with SP flash tool. Sadly in the process i lost my IMEI. Also was able to repair him with Maui meta. Everything works fine, but now in WiFi list, i have this WiFi error called nvram warning 0x10. Im trying to fix ir but its seems Impossible. Already rooted the phone, trying to use some WiFi fix files but when i use the apk es file explorer, i follow tutorial but on data folder i dont find any nvram folder. I think its was deleted on the hard brick repair process. So i created a new nvram file with scatter file that was inside fastboot rom folder. Made some changes that were asked from a internet tutorial, and save the new nvram.img in the fastboot rom folder, I changed too some informations about scatter file. Some words that were written like none changed for nvram.img and false for true. Then I saved.
After that i flashed
IMG_20220423_210044.jpg
IMG_20220423_210059.jpg
IMG_20220423_210448.jpg
Screenshot_2022-04-23-21-20-32-639_com.estrongs.android.pop.jpg
with SP flash, ONLY the nvram file and everything went fine as you can see in the pictures. Once more i installed twrp, root, but when I go to the folder data, i still can't find nvram folder. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. As anybody have a solution for this?

Rlucifer.01

Sep 6, 2021
Hello guys, can anyone help me i need some guidance. My redmi 9 got hard bricked but i was able to repair him with SP flash tool. Sadly in the process i lost my IMEI. Also was able to repair him with Maui meta. Everything works fine, but now in WiFi list, i have this WiFi error called nvram warning 0x10. Im trying to fix ir but its seems Impossible. Already rooted the phone, trying to use some WiFi fix files but when i use the apk es file explorer, i follow tutorial but on data folder i dont find any nvram folder. I think its was deleted on the hard brick repair process. So i created a new nvram file with scatter file that was inside fastboot rom folder. Made some changes that were asked from a internet tutorial, and save the new nvram.img in the fastboot rom folder, I changed too some informations about scatter file. Some words that were written like none changed for nvram.img and false for true. Then I saved.
After that i flashed View attachment 5596451View attachment 5596453View attachment 5596455View attachment 5596457 with SP flash, ONLY the nvram file and everything went fine as you can see in the pictures. Once more i installed twrp, root, but when I go to the folder data, i still can't find nvram folder. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. As anybody have a solution for this?
You need to activate Dev mode then on phone app click *#*#3646633#*#* go to connectivity tab and cds information and update Wifi Mac address from there if you can't find cds information on stock Rom try to flash eng Rom

Nicolasjfb

Apr 10, 2022
You need to activate Dev mode then on phone app click *#*#3646633#*#* go to connectivity tab and cds information and update Wifi Mac address from there if you can't find cds information on stock Rom try to flash eng Rom
Will try that. Thanks for the fast response, i wasn't expecting that. Just a question what the hell is dev mode? Some program like meta mode? I wrote the number that you gave it and it went to this page. I'm such a loser. Don't understand anything. 😢

Edit: Dev mode = Development options? Is that? Already activated. I'm in the connectivity tab, now what? Don't see that cds information

Attachments

• IMG_20220423_230755.jpg
    IMG_20220423_230755.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20220423_231927.jpg
    IMG_20220423_231927.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Rlucifer.01

Sep 6, 2021
Will try that. Thanks for the fast response, i wasn't expecting that. Just a question what the hell is dev mode? Some program like meta mode? I wrote the number that you gave it and it went to this page. I'm such a loser. Don't understand anything. 😢

Edit: Dev mode = Development options? Is that? Already activated. I'm in the connectivity tab, now what? Don't see that cds information
Well if you are on stock Rom, theres is not cds information, to update your Wifi Mac address you gonna need eng Rom

Nicolasjfb

Apr 10, 2022
Well if you are on stock Rom, theres is not cds information, to update your Wifi Mac address you gonna need eng Rom
Ok. No problem with that. I already have here eng rom. Used to recover my IMEI back. But after flashing with sp flash, what comes next? What am i supposed to inside meta mode? As i said o used to put IMEI back with maui meta and doesn't have lot of options to do.

Rlucifer.01

Sep 6, 2021
Goog luck , use *#*#3646633#*#* for update Wifi Mac address and Maui meta to write your IMEI then backup nvcfg, nvram, nvdata, protect1 and protect2 with any tool you have

Nicolasjfb

Apr 10, 2022
Goog luck , use *#*#3646633#*#* for update Wifi Mac address and Maui meta to write your IMEI then backup nvcfg, nvram, nvdata, protect1 and protect2 with any tool you have
Thank you very much. Let me see if i understood. I have to use that number in eng rom mode? Then go to connectivity mode and find cds and write my wifi mac address? Just st fixing the wifi mac address will give nvram folder back? Then i just put the Andress, use Maui meta for IMEI and then flash the normal rom with sp flash and after install twrp and make the backup?

Rlucifer.01

Sep 6, 2021
As far as i know, Nvram Isn't folder it was a partition that contain data about your imei, mac wifi, mac bluetooth, i think you shouldn't worry about Nvram as long as your wifi and imei is normal then nvram should be fine

Reactions: Nicolasjfb

Nicolasjfb

Apr 10, 2022
As far as i know, Nvram Isn't folder it was a partition that contain data about your imei, mac wifi, mac bluetooth, i think you shouldn't worry about Nvram as long as your wifi and imei is normal then nvram should be fine
You're right. But i was thinking if i do what you say, write WiFi mac address, then IMEI recover with maui, then i could install TWRP make recovery still with eng rom instaled? And after that install normal Rom with sp flash, after that install TWRP again and install the backup made inside the normal rom? Or will backup made in eng mode be deleted after running the official rom? I could also backup the files inside an sd card.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warnings:

- NEVER try to flash in "format all" mode ! Otherwise, you will LOSE all secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI.
    - Never try to share your backups or your security and privacy will be compromised.

What this guide does ?

- Restores IMEI.
    - Restores Baseband/RADIO/Modem.
    - Restores Wi-Fi MAC.
    - Restores Bluetooth MAC.
    - Fixes "NVRAM WARNING: ERR 0x10" error.
    - Fixes NV Data corrupted error.
    - Fixes unknown baseband.
    - Fixes null IMEI.

How to backup ?
    You can backup the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or anyway you want.
    I suggest you to use your favorite tool.

How to restore ?
    You can restore the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or anyway you want.
    I suggest you to use same tool of backup.

Partition: nvcfg
    Description: This partition stores variable configs of NVDATA and NVRAM.​
    Size: 32.768 KiB (32 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p11​
    Start address: 0xa4a2000​
    Length: 0x2000000​
    2021-02-07_17.15.13.png

Partition: nvdata
    Description: This partition stores variable data of secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI, WiFi MAC, Bluetooth MAC, calibration data and others.​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p12​
    Start address: 0xc4a2000​
    2021-02-07_17.14.51.png

Description: This partition stores persistent data of secure and identifying infos for your device. Like IMEI, WiFi MAC, Bluetooth MAC, calibration data and others.​
    2021-02-07_17.15.59.png

Partition: persist
    Description: This partition stores persistent data for factory reset protection. Like google account and miaccount/micloud.​
    Size: 49.152 KiB (48 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p13​
    Start address: 0x104a2000​
    Length: 0x3000000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.58.png

Partition: proinfo
    Description: This partitions stores persistent data of default structure for NVRAM/RADIO/MODEM/BASEBAND.​
    Size: 3.072 KiB (3 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p19​
    Start address: 0x18200000​
    Length: 0x300000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.10.png

Partition: protect1 (or protect_f)
    Size: 8.192 KiB (8 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p15​
    Start address: 0x164a2000​
    Length: 0x800000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.27.png

Partition: protect2 (or protect_s)
    Size: 11.640 KiB (11,36 MiB)​
    Block: /dev/block/mmcblk0p16​
    Start address: 0x16ca2000​
    Length: 0xb5e000​
    2021-02-07_17.16.48.png

:unsure: Do you need help with your MERLIN device ?
    Read this FAQ: https://xdaforums.com/t/faq-guide-h...for-merlin-redmi-note-9-redmi-10x-4g.4225163/
    I have tried write imei once,its simpel turn off your phone, open maui meta click connect then plug your phone to pc, make sure you already installed the driver
    Ok once more thank you for everything. I hope all this conversation between us helps other people in the future with the same problems. 🤠

Stay safe.
    Warnings:

2021-02-07_17.15.59.png

in my case nvram location in /dev/block/mmcblk0p22Screenshot_18.png
    Screenshot_18.png
    HOW TO TAKE BACK UP REPAIRED IMEI VIA METAMOD ON ENGINEERING ROMNOW I WANNA FLASH LATEST ROM CAN UH TELL ME HOW TAKE BACK UP...? ND RESTORE IN OFFICIAL ROM?
    You can backup the listed partitions using TWRP, PBRP, DD, SP Flash Tool or any tool you want.
    The thread is not specific for how to use any tool.
    You need to google about it or watch any video in youtube.
    Good luck
    I am getting a "checksum invalid" error.
    I flashed the engineering ROM to restore my IMEI information. Using the scatter file from the engineering ROM, I used SP flash tool to extract nvcfg, nvdata, nvram, persist, proinfo, pretect1 and protect2. I do this using the "readback" option in SP Flash
    I then edit the scatter file of stock global 12.0.6, and load it back into SP flash tool, but it tells me the checksums are invalid. Am I doing something incorrectly?

EDIT: I've just read in another post that trying to set IMEI 1 will cause this error. I'll try the process again and update this if I learn anything else.

EDIT2: Same issue when just doing IMEI2 on the partition. Pulling the above mentioned partitions from the device still results in files that give a failing checksum. Flashing a the stock 12.0.6 ends up in the recovery menu with the "NV data is corrupted" message
    Try to delete the file "Checksum.ini".