[Guide] How to revert to Stock Rom with S-On if USB port is broken (For Warranty)...

Search This thread

ehsan76

Apr 8, 2009
Islamabad
Last week i came across a couple of guys who had their phone's USB port broken and cant revert back to their stock Rom with S-On as they couldn't flash an RUU using their PC.
These steps helped them revert back to their stock Rom with S-On which is required for warranty claim. I thought it would be useful for others as well if I compile a simple guide here.

Remember I didn't invent this method rather its a result of research in the past when I was rooting my DHD and Incredible S and found these instructions on different forums. I have just compiled it in an easy guide.

I have tested this method myself and if this guide is correctly followed step by step its very safe but still I am not responsible if your GF/BF dump you, your phone becomes a paper weight or heavens fall as a result of following this guide.
DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Follow these steps:

1. Download your device specific RUU from this sticky thread or Google for it.

2. Run the RUU and when its de-compressed and asks you to press next, just stop there (Don't close this window).

attachment.php

3. Go to the "temp" folder on your PC. If you are on Windows 7 its located in "C:\Users\{Your_User_Name}\AppData\Local\Temp" and on Windows XP its in "C:\Documents and Settings\{Your_User_Name}\Applications Data\Local Settings\Temp"

4. Use the windows search function in "Temp" folder or dig deep into sub folders to find "rom.zip" file. It'll be around ~250MB in size.

5. Copy this file and paste it somewhere else on your PC e.g. desktop.

6. Rename this "rom.zip" file to "PG32IMG.zip"

7. Now take your SD card from Phone and connect it to your PC using a card reader or some other phone.

8. Paste that renamed "PG32IMG.zip" at the root of your SD Card.

9. Now power off your phone. Pull out the battery.

10. Insert the SD Card back in the phone. Insert the battery.

11. Now hold your volume down key and press power button. Keep the volume down key pressed. It will start your phone in boot-loader menu.

12. Select FASTBOOT if its not already selected and press power button.

13. It will search your SD Card for files and will find "PG32IMG.zip" file and will ask if you want to update.

14. Press the volume up button as instructed to continue and then sit back and relax.

Once finished it will ask you to reboot. Once rebooted, you'll be back on stock ROM with S-On.

Delete the "PG32IMG.zip" from SD Card now.

To verify S-On reboot into bootloader again (Step 11) and on the very first line it will say S-On or S-Off.

Need any further help??
Leave a reply here :)

Ehsan

Attachments

• Guide-01.jpg
    Guide-01.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 4,624

santhoshpirate

Oct 15, 2011
Vellore
Last week i came across a couple of guys who had their phone's USB port broken and cant revert back to their stock Rom with S-On as they couldn't flash an RUU using their PC.
These steps helped them revert back to their stock Rom with S-On which is required for warranty claim. I thought it would be useful for others as well if I compile a simple guide here.

Remember I didn't invent this method rather its a result of research in the past when I was rooting my DHD and Incredible S and found these instructions on different forums. I have just compiled it in an easy guide.

I have tested this method myself and if this guide is correctly followed step by step its very safe but still I am not responsible if your GF/BF dump you, your phone becomes a paper weight or heavens fall as a result of following this guide.
DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Follow these steps:

2. Run the RUU and when its de-compressed and asks you to press next, just stop there (Don't close this window).

attachment.php

3. Go to the "temp" folder on your PC. If you are on Windows 7 its located in "C:\Users\{Your_User_Name}\AppData\Local\Temp" and on Windows XP its in "C:\Documents and Settings\{Your_User_Name}\Applications Data\Local Settings\Temp"

4. Use the windows search function in "Temp" folder or dig deep into sub folders to find "rom.zip" file. It'll be around ~250MB in size.

7. Now take your SD card from Phone and connect it to your PC using a card reader or some other phone.

11. Now hold your volume down key and press power button. Keep the volume down key pressed. It will start your phone in boot-loader menu.

13. It will search your SD Card for files and will find "PG32IMG.zip" file and will ask if you want to update.

14. Press the volume up button as instructed to continue and then sit back and relax.

Once finished it will ask you to reboot. Once rebooted, you'll be back on stock ROM with S-On.

To verify S-On reboot into bootloader again (Step 11) and on the very first line it will say S-On or S-Off.

Need any further help??

Ehsan

didnt work
Plz help dude

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Hey suaji

Did it really work for u?
Coz my radio is also same as u
plz help me im really pissed off!!

Last edited:
Reactions: math0079

tpbklake

Aug 1, 2007
i tried and it was success but my phone is still s-off and also shows revolutionary and the hboot version 6.13.1002

OK, that is a start. The Revolutionary HBOOT prevents a RUU/ROM.zip from overwriting it.

I answered your post in the General section about the procedure steps to remove the Revolutionary HBOOT. Hopefully that will get you going as long as your USB port cooperates.

ehsan76

Apr 8, 2009
Islamabad
Guide updating soon!!!

This guide was actually targeted for those users who have their USB Ports broken and have nothing else to do.
Anyways due to so many PMs asking me how to get S-Off when their HBOOT is not being overwritten by this method so no S-On for them... I am updating this guide very soon to help all those.

Please keep in mind I will just post the guide but can't test it myself as I don't own an Incredible S anymore.

I been extremely busy lately with my newborn so couldn't update it or reply you guys. Just wait for a day or so and you'll have this guide updated with instructions for those who can't get S-On with the current instructions.
I'll try to make it valid for those who have their USB ports broken as well :)

Thanks.

Ehsan

ishaquek5

Aug 30, 2011
Mumbai
This guide was actually targeted for those users who have their USB Ports broken and have nothing else to do.
Anyways due to so many PMs asking me how to get S-Off when their HBOOT is not being overwritten by this method so no S-On for them... I am updating this guide very soon to help all those.

Please keep in mind I will just post the guide but can't test it myself as I don't own an Incredible S anymore.

I been extremely busy lately with my newborn so couldn't update it or reply you guys. Just wait for a day or so and you'll have this guide updated with instructions for those who can't get S-On with the current instructions.

Thanks.

Ehsan
Waiting for fresh posts....
Pls update soon on how to get back to stock ROM... i.e how to unroot the phone(my usb is not broken though)
Which is the best method to root?...
I am confused seeing each and every thread here...superoneclick,alpharev..etc....
Pls give a basic complete guide...thanks.

alexkit14

Apr 18, 2011
Penang
can anyone else verify that they got S-ON back with this method? and also whether Hboot and recovery reverts back to stock? GF's phone needs to go for warranty due to a faulty earpiece and i'm in a different country as she is so will need to guide her over skype. any help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Marco.t...

Aug 2, 2008
Hey,

your guide worked for me without any problem. Now I´m S-On
and on the Stock - Rom and my phone is ready for warranty!

Tank's allot!!!!!!!!

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Follow these steps:

attachment.php

Need any further help??

Ehsan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Follow these steps:

attachment.php

Need any further help??

Ehsan
    Guide updating soon!!!

Thanks.

Ehsan
    You all are welcome :)
    It's all about the community :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Follow these steps:

attachment.php

Need any further help??

Ehsan

didnt work
    Plz help dude

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Hey suaji

Did it really work for u?
    Coz my radio is also same as u
    plz help me im really pissed off!!
    Can you tell me in short how to do this? I want S-ON for warranty too, but I'm holded back by the protected AlphaRevX. At least I guess AlphaRevX will prevent me for overwrite the hboot, the way you described in your guide.

I also rooted my phone with Alpharevx and last week I found a method on XDA that worked. I succeded to turn it back S-on this way:

Hi guys, Once again this guide thread comes from the mixture of everyone suggestions and ideas to make your phone S-ON with shipped ROM for warranty!

Collected the following info from the thread, Not my own idea!

First install the ADB and SDK tools and folders, mainly install the Fastboot!
    If u dont have fastboot enabled see this http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Fastboot and this http://dottech.org/tipsntricks/21534...android-phone/

First Go here http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1033922 and install the shipped ROM which u had before .

Use this method http://xdaforums.com/show...95&postcount=1 to install the ROM, But this alone wont get you s-on when you do the process from the above link, Your phone will be Physically S-On but in the bootloader it will still show you s-off!

To change the bootloader to s-on then you need to follow the steps below,

1 . Now download this file from http://alpharev.nl/vivo_downgrade.img

2 . You should enable USB debugging mode, Turn your phone into FastBoot by unchecking the fastboot option in power settings

3 . Now your device will be switched off Remove your battery and insert it again.

4 . Now press (VOL DOWN + POWER Button) You will go into bootloader menu.

5 . When you boot into HBOOT, The first option is FASTBOOT. You select the menu options using the Volume Up/Down key. Once you select FASTBOOT menu, press the Power Button and it will take you to the FASTBOOT menu.

6 . Plug your USB cable in and the screen should change to FASTBOOT USB. Then on your PC, open a CMD window and change to the directory where you have installed the Android SDK tools, such adb.exe, fastboot.exe, etc. In the CMD window you would type the command:

fastboot flash hboot vivo_downgrade.img

7 . Wait for sometime, Then you would type the next command:

fastboot reboot-bootloader

8 . Now this is a tricky step, You should Select and open the ROM package you downloaded (But dont install) go to C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Temp and at last folder find rom.zip

9 . You need to open the ROM.zip file and extract the file HBOOT.img from it and copy it to the same directory as the vivo_downgrade.img. Then you would type the command

fastboot flash hboot HBOOT.img

10 . Now again, wait for sometime type the next command:

fastboot reboot-bootloader

That's it you are back to s-on with stock !!!
    You may check this by booting your device into BOOTLOADER , If it shows S-on, that's all You Performed the steps correctly!

If you are stuck at SECURITY WARNING BOOTLOADER because of missing some steps, Go to this following thread

http://xdaforums.com/show...24&postcount=6

If you have a faulty USB port shake the usb cable it should definitely work at some angel, worked for me!

Thanks to ehsan76, John Anderton, tpbklake, exnerjan

I took me some time to get all the steps right, but after 3 times it worked just perfect.