[GUIDE][How To RooT 4.2.2][STOCK 4.2.2][P3100/P3110 first leak]

Search This thread

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
Okay guys so you flashed the new 4.2.2 rom and lost root access then this thread is for you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

So I spend 1 hour trying to find way to root the new 4.2.2 and came to this very easy method

HOW TO ROOT THE 4.2.2 Frimware BY SAMSUNG!!
1.Download the recovery .tar.md5 from the attachment it is philz touch recovery repacked by me for 4.2.2 thanks for phil for his recovery
2.Download the root .zip from the attachment
3.Place the root.zip in your EXTERNAL SDCARD
4.Reboot to download mode
5.Download odin.zip and extract the zip in a folder
6.Flash the recovery.tar.md5
7.After odin giving you sucsses
8.Rboot to recovery
9.Flash the root.zip
10.Reboot
11.HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Note:WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE RECOVERY.TAR.MD5 YOU SHOULD DELELTE THE EXTRA EXTENTION WHICH IS .ZIP

REMMEBER I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOU DEVICE!!!

Attachments

• ODIN.zip
    194.2 KB · Views: 20,443
  • recovery.tar.md5.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 43,960
  • root.zip
    1 MB · Views: 37,249
  • recoveryP3110.tar.md5.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 40,172
Last edited:

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Is this Odin (attached) is sufficient to flash 4.2.2 firmware ?
Can you pl .specify the steps to flash firmware also?
Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Vishesh

Nov 26, 2012
New delhi
Is it necessary to flash ur recovery.. As I have ketut repacked version of philz touch recovery.. This is necessary for dual boot.. Please explain?

¥ Help must be thanked ¥
Sent from Heaven

mythi

Mar 1, 2013
Amman
Is it necessary to flash ur recovery.. As I have ketut repacked version of philz touch recovery.. This is necessary for dual boot.. Please explain?

¥ Help must be thanked ¥
Sent from Heaven

remove dual boot as the kernel does not support 4.2.2 Sammy roms i thinks you still did not flash the new rom?????

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
As I found in another thread that the deodex version of the ROM has bootloop , I have decided to flash the official version first and then root it. I have not done anything before on my stock 4.1.2 I.e no CWM or root . For this ROM is it sufficient to keep system recovery or I have to install cwm recovery , after flashing through Odin does the warranty violated ? Please clear my doubt and also provide Odin link .
Thanks in advance .One more question, what about lag compare to 4.1.2 ?
Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium

Looklearner

Apr 8, 2013
Malmö
Can i set root.zip into internal sdcard (i don't have external one!) to root my 4.2.2 gtab2 ?

Any help to do that Thanks

XGr7078

Dec 1, 2011
Durgapur
Thanks !!!!! Going to try it at once

Okay guys so you flashed the new 4.2.2 rom and lost root access then this thread is for you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

So I spend 1 hour trying to find way to root the new 4.2.2 and came to this very easy method

1.Download the recovery .tar.md5 from the attachment it is philz touch recovery repacked by me for 4.2.2 thanks for phil for his recovery
8.Rboot to recovery
9.Flash the root.zip
10.Reboot
11.HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Note:WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD THE RECOVERY.TAR.MD5 YOU SHOULD DELELTE THE EXTRA EXTENTION WHICH IS .ZIP

I am going try it at once!!!!!! :fingers-crossed: Hope everything will go accordingly.....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

8.Rboot to recovery
    9.Flash the root.zip
    10.Reboot
    11.HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

Anyone working on easy root for this device yet ?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4

Well i am trying to and actullay found a bug in the 4.2.2 kernel that can make you add any thing to /system partition without odin i am testing the method hope it works :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed: :fingers-crossed:
    thnks

but what about Deodexed Rooted rom are you working on it @mythi :confused:

YEAH surely just wait deodexing it!!!
    why my odin can't found recovery.tar.md5 for flash ??? Can u check file recovery for me.Thx Bro

u need to extract it from zip folder :good:

8.Rboot to recovery
    9.Flash the root.zip
    10.Reboot
    11.HIT THE THANKS BUTTON

very very simple !! Thank's.