Guide How to root Android 8.0 Oreo Stock ROM on Galaxy S7 ( 100% Working )

Search This thread

BranBro365

Jan 30, 2019
So I followed a youtube video on how to do this. And I get to the point of using odin and installing twrp but I get a fail every single time. I tried using a different usb port but it hasn't worked. I have the latest version of odin, twrp, samsung drivers, and magisk. My phones model number is SM-G935V it's the verizon version. I'm trying to install Android 10 via Lineage 17.

shah22

• So I followed a youtube video on how to do this. And I get to the point of using odin and installing twrp but I get a fail every single time. I tried using a different usb port but it hasn't worked. I have the latest version of odin, twrp, samsung drivers, and magisk. My phones model number is SM-G935V it's the verizon version. I'm trying to install Android 10 via Lineage 17.

You can't install custom roms on snapdragon variants as bootloader is locked. Pls read thoroughly before messing your phones ..

Sent from my hero2lte using XDA Labs

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
    Please can someone help me with a backup in twrp that is of everything in twrp backup. I want to get my phone back, help. I want the system, cache, hidden, efs, data all located there, which is in backup.

shah22

• Please can someone help me with a backup in twrp that is of everything in twrp backup. I want to get my phone back, help. I want the system, cache, hidden, efs, data all located there, which is in backup.
    If your phone boots, then flash stock rom with matching bootloader version using odin. Cache, hidden, and data won't work when restored on your phone. Specially efs and hidden, if you tried to mess with them, it will end up real badly.

Reactions: johnmaster

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
    No me impo
    If your phone boots, then flash stock rom with matching bootloader version using odin. Cache, hidden, and data won't work when restored on your phone. Specially efs and hidden, if you tried to mess with them, it will end up real badly
    I understand you and I know the consequence. This phone is already damaged because it freezes on its own and it is a problem to enter it. I told you another efs and it got hung up on it but I managed to get it back so I no longer care if this device is damaged for testing. Model s7edge g935w8

So if you help me with a copy of the system, I appreciate it, since the problem comes from the root / data / misc / nadr.

shah22

• No me impo

I understand you and I know the consequence. This phone is already damaged because it freezes on its own and it is a problem to enter it. I told you another efs and it got hung up on it but I managed to get it back so I no longer care if this device is damaged for testing. Model s7edge g935w8

So if you help me with a copy of the system, I appreciate it, since the problem comes from the root / data / misc / nadr.
    You are not understanding at all. You didn't had to mess with /efs or hidden due to issue in /data ...

Just a reflash with stock rom would have solved that.. but since you messed efs, things won't work for you now the same way..

Maybe try reflashing stock rom in odin. And see what issues you get after that. You just ignore the help given and try to do things in your own wrong way..

Last edited:

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
    You are not understanding at all. You didn't had to mess with /efs or hidden due to issue in /data ...

Just a reflash with stock rom would have solved that.. but since you messed efs, things won't work for you now the same way..

Maybe try reflashing stock rom in odin. And see what issues you get after that. You just ignore the help given and try to do things in your own wrong way..
    OK thanks friend. I already installed the stock ROM and it remains the same. I'll ditch that board and buy a new one.

shah22

• But

Bit 8 I would have liked to try a combination, but neither is there. Model: SM-G935w8
    Yeah, thought of combination rom too but since you are on 8 binary its not possible.

Can you tell more about your error detail ?

Also there is nothing like nadr. in /data/misc for me ..

So yeah, probably you have a defected board and specially /data shouldn't cause any problems after clean flashing through odin.. you sure flashed clean through odin ? (Using csc file NOT home_csc)

Also, this is not the right thread for this. So, try to create your own help thread under S7 question and answer sub-forum :

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
    Yeah, thought of combination rom too but since you are on 8 binary its not possible.

Can you tell more about your error detail ?

Also there is nothing like nadr. in /data/misc for me ..

So yeah, probably you have a defected board and specially /data shouldn't cause any problems after clean flashing through odin.. you sure flashed clean through odin ? (Using csc file NOT home_csc)

Also, this is not the right thread for this. So, try to create your own help thread under S7 question and answer sub-forum :

The problem is that the device freezes by itself and if I leave it it never restarts, it better heat up so badly that you think it's going to explode. And to return to how it was to be restarting every 3 minutes. And the problem of all this is this error that appears in the recovery:​

failed to clear bcb message failed to find /misc partition

I already did everything bro!

shah22

• The problem is that the device freezes by itself and if I leave it it never restarts, it better heat up so badly that you think it's going to explode. And to return to how it was to be restarting every 3 minutes. And the problem of all this is this error that appears in the recovery:​

failed to clear bcb message failed to find /misc partition

I already did everything bro!
    Ah, should have told like this in your first post. I think this error is due to messed up read only partitions due to any reason. I don't know how it can be solved exactly, since my efs/nvdata won't work on your phone and may even hard brick it.

Since your phone is bootable, I would suggest to NOT use samsung stock rom due to this error. Use latest twrp/shrp and try lineage/aosp based roms in roms section. Also be sure to see if that rom supports G935W8..

And ofcourse, make sure OEM unlocked is turned ON. Good luck

johnmaster

Apr 25, 2018
    Ah, debería haberlo dicho así en tu primera publicación. Creo que este error se debe a particiones de solo lectura desordenadas debido a cualquier motivo. No sé cómo se puede resolver exactamente, ya que mi efs / nvdata no funcionará en su teléfono e incluso puede bloquearlo.

Dado que su teléfono es de arranque, le sugiero que NO use la rom estándar de Samsung debido a este error. Utilice la última versión de twrp / shrp y pruebe las roms basadas en lineage / aosp en la sección de roms. También asegúrese de ver si esa rom es compatible con G935W8 ..

Y, por supuesto, asegúrese de que OEM desbloqueado esté ENCENDIDO. Buena suerte
    lo siento hermano, pero estaba confundido. Ya encontré la solución, es la siguiente, busque un martillo y golpéelo, luego compre otro teléfono en eBay. sabes es la mejor solución que encontré. gracias por la respuesta como nadie lo hace.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hi . i see too many peoples have problem on rooting Android 8.0 Oreo Stock Rom on Galaxy S7 ( edge ) and they cant get passed from the verification field error ! ok its bcuz they do only 1 step wrong , here i just wanna tell you all the steps 1 by 1 to help you make it work .

ok first , if you wanna have a Rooted stock Oreo Rom , you need to factory reset your device , so backup everything you need then follow the steps :

1- Download Odin 3.13.1 -------- TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery -------- Android 8.0 Oreo Stock Rom -------- Magisk v 17.1 -------- no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 .

Copy Magisk v17.1 and no-verity-opt files into your SD card , or you can copy them after you installed TWRP using mount !

2- Go to Odin , and flash the Stock Rom oreo , BUT before you start go to Options and deselect F. reset time and Auto reboot .

Untitled1.jpg
      attachment.php

3- when the Rom flash is done . just hold Power + volume down + home buttons to restart the phone . keep holding the buttons to return Download mode again !

NOTE : you have to reboot to download mode again after flashing Stock Rom . bcuz odin wont install TWRP and will stop on waiting for connection if you do flash TWRP right after flashing rom without reboot ! just after flashing ROM , do a reboot with device buttons and keep holding them to go straight to download mode again . then you can flash TWRP .

4- now go to Odin again and now Flash the TWRP recovery . before you start go to options and deselect F .reset time and Auto reboot .

5- now hold Power + Volume down + Home buttons , when your device screen goes off , fast switch the buttons to Power + Volume up + home to boot into TWRP recovry .

6- now go to Wipe and select Format Data . it will ask you to type yes . type yes and continue . you do this to remove encryption on your phone memory .

NOTE : Just select Format data . DON'T select advanced wipe or swip to factory reset . you have to select Format data and it will ask you to type "yes" . do it and go on .

attachment.php

7- now go to reboot and reboot to TWRP recovery again ! ( you have to reboot to recovery bcuz you cant reach /DATA when you do Format data )

attachment.php
      attachment.php

8- now go to install , and install Magisk and no-Verity-opt .

9- now restart your phone normaly and let it boot up and do the first boot settings .

10 - thats it , now you can see Magisk on your apps list and your Stock Rom is rooted .

NOTE : for the guys that already installed Stock oreo Rom , they dont need to flash Rom again , they can skip Step 2 and 3 !

just do all the steps 1 by 1 as i said and it will work 100% . some guys cant make it work bcuz : 1 - they dont do Format Data before installing Magisk and they get "cant mount /data error" and verification field pops up . 2- they do format data after installing magisk !!!! thats crazy bcuz you just clear Magisk when you do format data after installing it .

i hope this guide be helpful for you guys . ;)
      does it work for sm g935s (8.0)

yes , it works . you just need to download last version of TWRP recovery for your device from here :

https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/
      Thank you, this is a great guide! Worth to mention that TWRP is flashed as AP in Odin, though.
      Hello! So I successfully rooted my phone with this method (thank you!) But soon after that I tried to boot into recovery mode, in which I was met with "FRP LOCK" message and now I have to redo the whole process again. Is there an extra step as in turning off "OEM Unlocking" ?

Its in developer option where you can turn it off or on but if your rooting you need to turn it on.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I must check OEM unlock option in development settings before root stock rom or not?

Yes! :)

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------
      Same process does NOT work on the latest Oreo update.
      Flashed rom
      Flashed twrp
      Formatted data
      Rebooted to recovery
      Installed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
      Installed Magisk 17.3 (same result even if Magisk is skipped, tried w/o due to this issue)
      Rebooted to system and letting it boot up
      Rebooting straight to recovery, and still get unable to mount data due to encryption.
      Something in the latest stock kernel seem to be circumventing the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip since it was working on the previous update.

EDIT: Got it working by following this post and using the remove-encryption.zip found in that thread (this post).
      Still no idea why no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip didn't work even without Magisk.