Guide How to root Android 8.0 Oreo Stock ROM on Galaxy S7 ( 100% Working )

Search This thread

Ajh13

Dec 29, 2018
Does this work for the g930w8 Canadian version and do I use the same twrp

Last edited:

OFz

Nov 28, 2014
Same process does NOT work on the latest Oreo update.
Flashed rom
Flashed twrp
Formatted data
Rebooted to recovery
Installed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
Installed Magisk 17.3 (same result even if Magisk is skipped, tried w/o due to this issue)
Rebooted to system and letting it boot up
Rebooting straight to recovery, and still get unable to mount data due to encryption.
Something in the latest stock kernel seem to be circumventing the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip since it was working on the previous update.

EDIT: Got it working by following this post and using the remove-encryption.zip found in that thread (this post).
Still no idea why no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip didn't work even without Magisk.

Yeah, For me, i dont flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip or any its version, just flash magisk.. If i flash it, the phone cant boot to system, it will loop to TWRP :D

Freeman628

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah, For me, i dont flash no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip or any its version, just flash magisk.. If i flash it, the phone cant boot to system, it will loop to TWRP :D

Could you explain what you did in full? I'm looking to root my phone for the first time and i have no idea what half of this stuff means:confused:
I was going to follow this post but i checked recent replies and you agreed the method wasn't working so id just like an explanation in full from the start if that's not too much to ask. :D

Reactions: Angnic_23

bincity2003

Jan 1, 2019
I'm so happy for successfully rooted my phone, after 'bricking' it few times. Thank you, Bro!
By the way, I write this not only to say that but to give a small tip.
If you don't have a SD card, use ADB Sideload (Enable it first through TWRP -> Advanced -> ADB Sideload, then run it on the computer).
I'm not sure whether this tip was covered in previous post, but I would give it anyway.

OFz

Nov 28, 2014
Could you explain what you did in full? I'm looking to root my phone for the first time and i have no idea what half of this stuff means:confused:
I was going to follow this post but i checked recent replies and you agreed the method wasn't working so id just like an explanation in full from the start if that's not too much to ask. :D
Just do follow #1.
Flashed rom
Flashed twrp
Boot to twrp to Formatted data
Rebooted to recovery again
Here i Installed Magisk
Then Installed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip, if thephone cant boot to system, i repeat again and dont flash no-verity-opt-encrypt (someone flash to remove no-verity-opt-encrypt but when do it, the phone still cant boot to system, so i'm repeat from scratch)

the.spawn

Jan 14, 2019
Camera It's BLank

Root Is Sucsess G9350 Qualcomm But I'v Problem With Camera It's Blank...Black Colour... U Have 4 Fix The Camera :confused:

Silkwormgirl

May 1, 2018
Hello! So I successfully rooted my phone with this method (thank you!) But soon after that I tried to boot into recovery mode, in which I was met with "FRP LOCK" message and now I have to redo the whole process again. Is there an extra step as in turning off "OEM Unlocking" ?

Its in developer option where you can turn it off or on but if your rooting you need to turn it on.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I must check OEM unlock option in development settings before root stock rom or not?

Yes! :)

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Last edited:

Silkwormgirl

May 1, 2018
[/COLOR]I got a question why do you need the official stock room to root? I have seen another version where it was rooted with out uploading the official stock rom to odin.

And also does the method provided by the OP works with the latest android 8? As others have issues following this method?

Will encryption be removed once rooted?

Can anyone confirm that this method works too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYYyxWH3xew

Issues with Rooting

Secure folder not working after root
https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/help/secure-folder-root-t3791504

https://xdaforums.com/s7-edge/help/odin-flash-stock-unroot-help-t3700565

Last edited:

wsuh

Dec 22, 2014
Is there any way this can be done without formatting or losing data?

Only reason im rooting is to back up chat log for an app that cant be backed up without rooting (dev blocks adb backup)

Megamind08

Mar 27, 2013
Lahore
I am getting a notifaction "Unauthorized actions have been detected, restart your device" How to remove this notification and also how can we use secure folder after rooting by this method?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi . i see too many peoples have problem on rooting Android 8.0 Oreo Stock Rom on Galaxy S7 ( edge ) and they cant get passed from the verification field error ! ok its bcuz they do only 1 step wrong , here i just wanna tell you all the steps 1 by 1 to help you make it work .

ok first , if you wanna have a Rooted stock Oreo Rom , you need to factory reset your device , so backup everything you need then follow the steps :

1- Download Odin 3.13.1 -------- TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery -------- Android 8.0 Oreo Stock Rom -------- Magisk v 17.1 -------- no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 .

Copy Magisk v17.1 and no-verity-opt files into your SD card , or you can copy them after you installed TWRP using mount !

2- Go to Odin , and flash the Stock Rom oreo , BUT before you start go to Options and deselect F. reset time and Auto reboot .

Untitled1.jpg
    attachment.php

3- when the Rom flash is done . just hold Power + volume down + home buttons to restart the phone . keep holding the buttons to return Download mode again !

NOTE : you have to reboot to download mode again after flashing Stock Rom . bcuz odin wont install TWRP and will stop on waiting for connection if you do flash TWRP right after flashing rom without reboot ! just after flashing ROM , do a reboot with device buttons and keep holding them to go straight to download mode again . then you can flash TWRP .

4- now go to Odin again and now Flash the TWRP recovery . before you start go to options and deselect F .reset time and Auto reboot .

5- now hold Power + Volume down + Home buttons , when your device screen goes off , fast switch the buttons to Power + Volume up + home to boot into TWRP recovry .

6- now go to Wipe and select Format Data . it will ask you to type yes . type yes and continue . you do this to remove encryption on your phone memory .

NOTE : Just select Format data . DON'T select advanced wipe or swip to factory reset . you have to select Format data and it will ask you to type "yes" . do it and go on .

attachment.php

7- now go to reboot and reboot to TWRP recovery again ! ( you have to reboot to recovery bcuz you cant reach /DATA when you do Format data )

attachment.php
    attachment.php

8- now go to install , and install Magisk and no-Verity-opt .

9- now restart your phone normaly and let it boot up and do the first boot settings .

10 - thats it , now you can see Magisk on your apps list and your Stock Rom is rooted .

NOTE : for the guys that already installed Stock oreo Rom , they dont need to flash Rom again , they can skip Step 2 and 3 !

just do all the steps 1 by 1 as i said and it will work 100% . some guys cant make it work bcuz : 1 - they dont do Format Data before installing Magisk and they get "cant mount /data error" and verification field pops up . 2- they do format data after installing magisk !!!! thats crazy bcuz you just clear Magisk when you do format data after installing it .

i hope this guide be helpful for you guys . ;)
    does it work for sm g935s (8.0)

yes , it works . you just need to download last version of TWRP recovery for your device from here :

https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/
    Thank you, this is a great guide! Worth to mention that TWRP is flashed as AP in Odin, though.
    Hello! So I successfully rooted my phone with this method (thank you!) But soon after that I tried to boot into recovery mode, in which I was met with "FRP LOCK" message and now I have to redo the whole process again. Is there an extra step as in turning off "OEM Unlocking" ?

Its in developer option where you can turn it off or on but if your rooting you need to turn it on.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I must check OEM unlock option in development settings before root stock rom or not?

Yes! :)

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------
    Same process does NOT work on the latest Oreo update.
    Flashed rom
    Flashed twrp
    Formatted data
    Rebooted to recovery
    Installed no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip
    Installed Magisk 17.3 (same result even if Magisk is skipped, tried w/o due to this issue)
    Rebooted to system and letting it boot up
    Rebooting straight to recovery, and still get unable to mount data due to encryption.
    Something in the latest stock kernel seem to be circumventing the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip since it was working on the previous update.

EDIT: Got it working by following this post and using the remove-encryption.zip found in that thread (this post).
    Still no idea why no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0.zip didn't work even without Magisk.