[GUIDE] How to ROOT HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle

Search This thread

sabpprook

Dec 8, 2011
Kaohsiung
Install TWRP recovery

First of all, the phone must be bootloader unlocked, if you didn't do that please unlock the bootloader first, you can find many guide for that.
https://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/

And one thing, there is a switch called "OEM Unlock" in developer options menu, make it turn on or you will fail to get unlock token.

Now you have a bootloader unlocked device right? :D

Please download this TWRP recovery
https://twrp.me/htc/htcdesire10lifestyle.html

Let phone reboot to bootloader and switch to fastboot mode then use the command to boot the recovery.

(Temporary)
Code:
fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-a56dj.img

If you want install TWRP as main recovery please use the command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-a56dj.img

Okay, If everything are work in right way, your device should be in TWRP recovery, you can do everything you want. :p

I recommend to use Magisk to get root :good:
https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445

Last edited:

princepavs

Jan 31, 2007
can you help me. i cant unlock the bootloader cos the command is not working getting this message

M:\HTCRoot>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.042s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) flash unlocktoken
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] : /dev/block/platform/mtk-msdc.0/11230000.msdc
(bootloader) [KillSwitch] Last Byte is 0X01, enable unlock
FAILED (remote: UnlockToken Verify Fail!!)
finished. total time: 0.132s

need help guys..

Outbackistan

Oct 3, 2017
I am really tired, its been a month, tried every possible combination of unlock codes but this device bootloader is not going to be unlocked. Tried on 03 different PC's.
Any help will be appreciated.

Below is the log

PS D:\Cell Phones\HTC> fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1602400000 bytes
OKAY [ 1.006s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
finished. total time: 1.033s

Fain11

Dec 30, 2011
Motorola One Action
I am really tired, its been a month, tried every possible combination of unlock codes but this device bootloader is not going to be unlocked. Tried on 03 different PC's.
Any help will be appreciated.

Below is the log

PS D:\Cell Phones\HTC> fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
target reported max download size of 1602400000 bytes
OKAY [ 1.006s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
finished. total time: 1.033s

U didnt swiched on "OEM Unlock" in developer options menu, turn it on or it will fail to flash the unlock token.

tyten

Oct 29, 2010
after i unlocked bootoader.....

I cann't Enter to fastboot or bootloader by pressing on volume down + turn on or volume up + turn on while my device turned off
I have broken the bootloader lock but i couldn't root my htc lifestyle
please please developers.... i want to root my device to be able to setup new version of android after 6.0.1
If you know the couse help me plz
I am waiting ... bro

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
Last edited:

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
adb can help.

I cann't Enter to fastboot or bootloader by pressing on volume down + turn on or volume up + turn on while my device turned off
I have broken the bootloader lock but i couldn't root my htc lifestyle
please please developers.... i want to root my device to be able to setup new version of android after 6.0.1
If you know the couse help me plz
I am waiting ... bro

If you know adb, then you can connect your device to the PC/Laptop and use the command ' adb reboot-bootloader' to get into fastboot mode. I am also trying to root my device. I will flash 'twrp' and then see what I can do for rooting. But, I have to be careful. I must be able to flash stock recovery.

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
Getting error in flashing TWRP.

Hi Op,
The command 'fastboot flash twrp-3.2.1-0-a56dj.img' is not working on my device in fastboot mode. It says ' unknown partition twrp-3.2.1-0-a56dj.img' in the second line it says : can not determine image filename for 'twrp-3.2.1-0-a56dj.img'. But I tested the same '.img' file by booting into the TWRP recovery on my mobile through the 'fastboot boot ................... ' command. What is the cause of the error. Plz help.

Eversmile23

Aug 15, 2014
Rourkela
Help required for busybox.

Hi OP,
Can you guide me to any forum/tutorial for dealing with problems in installing busybox ? Busybox installation fails repeatedly on my device -- through 'busybox installer' & flashing zip file through recovery-- both not successful. Is it because SeLinux enforcing? Do I have to go for S-Off, then only I can install busybox? Plz help.

Musikads

Jan 25, 2024
Bonsoir, excusez-moi de vous déranger, mais depuis deux semaines j'essaye de débloquer le bootloader mais il m'est complètement impossible de créer un compte sur htcdev j'ai essayé plus d'une dizaine de comptes (gmail, hotmail, Outlook et Yahoo) comme ainsi que différents navigateurs chrome, edge et opera mais rien n'y fait, je suis encore nouveau dans ce domaine
J'ai vraiment besoin d'aide car j'ai acheté deux simlocker HTC 10 en ligne sur l'opérateur mobile japonais "au IC Card" et depuis ils sont inutilisables c'était censé être un cadeau pour la Saint Valentin et je suis toujours bloqué à ce stade
S'il vous plaît aidez-moi

Top Liked Posts