[GUIDE] How to root it

Search This thread

MrZeroXD

Feb 20, 2018
Ok I will try this method in the evening when I have free time, thank you for your help and sorry for my lack of knowledge. I'm also afraid that when I install the wrong room, usb debugging will turn off, although the theoretical version number is correct.

No prob, we're all learning, and all you need to fix a device that doesn't boot, is an unlocked bootloader, since u can re-flash, I did this on a few devices ( moto x4 ; moto G5s ; moto g9+ ) and succeeded on repairing those...

taboelephant

Feb 20, 2021
No prob, we're all learning, and all you need to fix a device that doesn't boot, is an unlocked bootloader, since u can re-flash, I did this on a few devices ( moto x4 ; moto G5s ; moto g9+ ) and succeeded on repairing those...
I am going to do just that, but it is possible that I misinterpreted the problem because the phone only starts in the lock screen, I can't unlock it there, the toucscreen does not work. Is the solution still the same? (install stock rom?)

Reactions: MrZeroXD

MrZeroXD

Feb 20, 2018
I am going to do just that, but it is possible that I misinterpreted the problem because the phone only starts in the lock screen, I can't unlock it there, the toucscreen does not work. Is the solution still the same? (install stock rom?)

Maybe it works, since it broke when u installed the patched version....

MrZeroXD

Feb 20, 2018
The phone works like new, I couldn't believe it myself, all thanks to you I'm really grateful. If you have PayPal or something similar, please provide it and I will return your favour in the future.

Wow, very thanks, I normally wouldn't accept any donations, but here the situation isn't very great :/ so, if you WANT I would say very thanks 😁😁

That's my paypal email

[email protected]

panda.at.home

May 5, 2021
Hope I'm not too late, I'm stuck at unlocking the bootloader.

fastboot oem get_unlock_data
returns
FAILED (command write failed (Success))

to preface, i already enable oem unlock and usb debugging.
I also am using the cable from the box (USB C - USB C).
fastboot devices does return the serial number.

MrZeroXD

Feb 20, 2018
Hope I'm not too late, I'm stuck at unlocking the bootloader.

fastboot oem get_unlock_data
returns
FAILED (command write failed (Success))

to preface, i already enable oem unlock and usb debugging.
I also am using the cable from the box (USB C - USB C).
fastboot devices does return the serial number.
That's weird, never see that before, whats your model number ? And country of your device ?

danyl_nirva

May 6, 2021
First, I assume you know what root, fastboot, SafetyNet, bootloader, adb is ( SEARCH FIRST BEFORE DOING THESE STEPS! ) and you know the risks of rooting a device!

Me nor the XDA guys are responsible for bricked devices, nor any damage to you and/or your device.

So, after that, let's dive into the steps of rooting it :)

First of all is to download your stock android image ( in case something goes wrong plus the boot.img needed for this process )

You can download your stock image the way you want, you can use lolinet etc, just make sure it matches your device!

So, open the image you downloaded, extract the boot.img file and put it on the phone's internal memory, then download Magisk Manager ( I personally used GitHub to download.... ) and open it.

Ahora, seleccione 'Instalar' (el que dice Magisk, no el administrador), vaya a 'Seleccionar y parchear un archivo'

Navegue y seleccione su boot.img, luego espere a que se complete, después de eso, verá un archivo en la carpeta de descargas en el teléfono llamado 'magisk_patched.img', tome este archivo y colóquelo en la computadora.

El siguiente paso es que deberá desbloquear su cargador de arranque (no cubriré cómo hacerlo aquí, pero una búsqueda rápida sobre 'cómo desbloquear el cargador de arranque de Motorola' debería ayudar), pero tenga en cuenta que formateará su teléfono (perderá todos los datos guardados, ¡así que preste atención!)

Después, vuelva a poner el teléfono en modo fastboot (vol menos + botón de encendido), luego, en la ventana de terminal que está usando fastboot, ejecute este comando:

arranque fastboot magisk_patched.img

(Supongo que pones magisk_patched en la misma carpeta en la que estás ejecutando fastboot (caso de Windows))

RECUERDE PROBAR TODO EN SU DISPOSITIVO EN ESTA PARTE ANTES DE CONTINUAR !!!!!

SI SU TELÉFONO NO SE INICIÓ O SE INICIÓ PERO CON UN MAL FUNCIONAMIENTO DETÉNGASE AHORA Y REINICIE ELLO, TAL VEZ SU STOCKROM NO ESTABA CORRECTO O ALGO MÁS ...

Después de eso, su dispositivo normalmente se iniciará, instale Magisk Manager y verifique si "dice" instalado y muestra la versión.

Si es así y su dispositivo funciona bien, reinicie nuevamente para fastboot y luego ejecútelo en la ventana de la terminal:

fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

Esto hará que la raíz sea persistente después de reiniciar.

Ahora, como esperabas, estás arraigado :)

Un consejo extra:
[ESCONDER]
¡Safetynet fallará! Para solucionarlo, abra Magisk Manager, luego vaya a su configuración, luego toque para habilitar "MagiskHide" y luego toque "Ocultar Magisk Manager" escriba un nuevo nombre para el Administrador y boom, eso es todo, ahora SafetyNet funcionará (en mi caso lo hizo jeje)
[/ESCONDER]

Soy nuevo en inglés, aprendo solo, así que cualquier error de escritura, etc., dímelo y lo arreglaré. :)
También soy nuevo en XDA también hihi

panda.at.home

May 5, 2021
That's weird, never see that before, whats your model number ? And country of your device ?
Model: XT2087-2

I bought that one specifically.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, I assume you know what root, fastboot, SafetyNet, bootloader, adb is ( SEARCH FIRST BEFORE DOING THESE STEPS! ) and you know the risks of rooting a device!

Me nor the XDA guys are responsible for bricked devices, nor any damage to you and/or your device.

So, after that, let's dive into the steps of rooting it :)

First of all is to download your stock android image ( in case something goes wrong plus the boot.img needed for this process )

You can download your stock image the way you want, you can use lolinet etc, just make sure it matches your device!

So, open the image you downloaded, extract the boot.img file and put it on the phone's internal memory, then download Magisk Manager ( I personally used GitHub to download.... ) and open it.

Now, select 'Install' ( the one that says Magisk, not the manager ), go to 'Select and Patch a file'

Navigate and select your boot.img, then wait for it to complete, after that, you'll see a file in the Download folder on the phone called 'magisk_patched.img' grab this file and put it on the computer.

The next step is that you'll need to unlock your bootloader ( I'll not cover how to do that here, but a quick search on ' how to unlock Motorola bootloader' should help ), but be aware that it will format your phone ( you'll lose any saved data, so pay attention! )

After, put the phone in fastboot mode again ( vol minus + power button ), then on the terminal window you're using fastboot, run this command:

fastboot boot magisk_patched.img

( I assume you put the magisk_patched in the same folder you're running fastboot ( Windows case ) )

REMEMBER TO TEST EVERYTHING ON YOUR DEVICE IN THIS PART BEFORE CONTINUING!!!!!

IF YOUR PHONE DIDN'T BOOT OR BOOTED BUT WITH MALFUNCTION STOP NOW AND REBOOT IT, MAYBE YOUR STOCKROM WASN'T CORRECT OR SOMETHING ELSE...

After that your device will normally boot, install Magisk Manager and check if it "says" installed and displays the version.

If so and your device runs fine, reboot again to fastboot then run on the terminal window:

fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img

This will make the root persistent after reboots

Now as you expected, you're rooted :)

A bonus tip:

Safetynet will fail! To fix that, open Magisk Manager, then go to it's settings, then tap to enable "MagiskHide" and then tap "Hide Magisk Manager" type a new name for the Manager and boom, that's it, now SafetyNet will work ( In my case it did hehe )

I'm new to English, learning alone, so any mistyping etc tell me and I'll fix it :)
    Also I'm new to XDA too hihi
    I bought my device last Black Friday and rooted it this week with this guide.
    I’ve downloaded my boot.img from Lolinet and googled how to unlock a bootloader of a Moto phone.
    I’ve also enabled oem unlock in developer settings.
    It’s not so difficult.
    The bonus tip from the OP is very helpful. Only rename Magisk is not enough. Also hide the manager to pass the safetynet test.
    Thanks a lot for sharing your experience!

Has there been anyone else who managed to root this device?
    I really want to buy one but first I want to make sure I will be able to root it from day 1. I don't like to use an unrooted phone :p
    I bought my device last Black Friday and rooted it this week with this guide.
    I’ve downloaded my boot.img from Lolinet and googled how to unlock a bootloader of a Moto phone.
    I’ve also enabled oem unlock in developer settings.
    It’s not so difficult.
    The bonus tip from the OP is very helpful. Only rename Magisk is not enough. Also hide the manager to pass the safetynet test.

Amazing tips. I think in the end we are free to root it without screwing the device for good :LOL:

Thanks!!
    Ok, I got mine yesterday, and today I successfully root it.
    It worked flawlessly!! :cool:

Thanks for the guide and advices!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone