This Guide will explain how to root your LG G8XPrerequisites
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war,
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you blame me in any way for what happens to your device, I will laugh at you.
*Wait, what? No. Me or somebody else will help you
Unlock phone using the guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-of-lg-g8x.4198025/
Do not restore abl before rooting.
Magisk Patched Boot (20e, Indian Variant): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s2A7RUOptXer5LGMtbGV9SKg0kcyL_NP/view?usp=drivesdk
1. Download the magisk patched boot.
2. Copy it over to your fastboot directory.
3. Connect phone in fastboot mode.
How to put phone to fastboot mode?
#1: Using Button Combination
Power off phone, press and hold Vol- and insert usb cable. You’ll be in fastboot
#2: Using ADB
Connect phone to pc, enable USB Debugging. Then run this command
adb reboot fastboot
4. Now run the command
fastboot flash boot Magisk_Patched.img fastboot reboot
5. Download and install Magisk Manager
6. Done! Your phone is rooted now.
To restore Network follow the guide in bootloader unlock thread...
If you have a different G8X variant or are on a different firmware
1.Backup boot_a or boot_b using QFIL (Partition Manager>Read Data, Check Bootloader unlock guide for more details)
2. Install Magisk Manager
3. Click on Install and use Patch image function.
4. Save the boot image to pc.
5. Flash it in Fastboot using the command given above.
Known Issues: FP is broken