* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. * Your warranty could be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software. * Same statement for XDA.
YOU WILL NEED A PC FOR THIS
Make sure your bootloader is already unlocked before proceeding. The bootloader unlock method can be found here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-3-2/how-to/how-to-unlock-bootloader-disassembling-t4096623
Even if your bootloader is already unlocked, I would recommend to still go to the link I provided above.
1. Download Magisk and Magisk Manager from here.
2. Download boot images specific for your current Android version from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/ota-dump-nokia-3-2-boot-images-00ww.4109621/
3. Connect you Nokia 3.2 to your PC. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging and have the Automatic system updates disabled in the Developer Settings!
(You will be needing ADB and Fastboot tools to run commands like in the following steps.)
4. Type this in Terminal available for your PC (e.g. PowerShell, Terminal for macOS/Linux, etc.)(I do not recommend CommandPrompt as you cannot drag&drop files into it.) :
adb install <drag the Magisk Manager apk here>
NOTE: you shouldn't include both "<" and ">" symbols before/after dragging a file onto a chosen Terminal app!
adb reboot bootloader
6. Now that your Nokia 3.2 is on fastboot mode, type:
fastboot boot <drag here the downloaded patched_boot.img>
7. Your device will boot temporarily with Magisk installed and with root privileges. In this way, your root is not yet permanent. Follow the next steps to make your root permanent.
8. After booting, go to the Magisk Manager app, click on Install button beside the "Magisk is up to date". Then, click on Install again. Now click on the "Direct Install (Recommended)" button.
9. Wait for the download process, after that Magisk Manager will flash Magisk. (making your root permanent)
10. After the installation process, click the Reboot button.
11. Reboot done! Now Magisk is completely installed into your device!
1. Enable MagiskHide in the Magisk Manager Settings in order to pass SafetyNet.
2. JUST INSTALL MODULES, DO NOT INSTALL ANY ROOT APPS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!
3. MAKE SURE THE MODULE YOU'LL INSTALL IS COMPATIBLE FOR NOKIA 3.2!
In order to know if the Module you'll install is compatible for Nokia 3.2. Make sure the module is listed as compatible with:
* Stock/Vanilla/AOSP (This is because Nokia 3.2 is an Android One phone, meaning it runs in Pure Android. Pure Android are also called Stock/Vanilla/AOSP.)
* Android 10
That's pretty much it! Just comment if you would like to ask more questions! Have a nice day everyone!
Credits to @topjohnwu - the creator of Magisk!