[GUIDE] How to Root OnePlus 8 without TWRP

Search This thread

SneaX

Jun 29, 2020
10.5.6-EUROPE-magisk_patched.img

Can someone upload the file in the title?
10.5.4 doesn't seem to be available to download..

partridge79

May 25, 2015
Gardner
Maybe dumb question here (only dumb question is one unasked) my phone is unlocked from 1+ directly (N2015.) N.American and Im not sure which boot.img international, global I should flash? (On latest official as of 07/10/20 about phone says IN21AA Just want to be sure as it's my DD and work 10+ hrs a day and dont have a ton of time to fk with msmtools and whatnot and see ppl asking for .img's so better safe than sorry. (Been rooting and running custom roms since op2 so got prerequisites down thx

Last edited:

8plusguy203

Jul 11, 2020
In need of the patched version if you are still have?

I can give you the stock img if you need, I tried tried to patch it my self and it wouldn't boot, I ended up flashing the global version anyway and rooted it that way. let me know if want the stock 10.5.8 boot img though. I can upload my patched version as well, but I just got the QUALCOMM crash dump screen when trying to boot.
Whichever version that you got working to flash im in need. It's for the tmobile in2017 right? Do you need to unlock the boot loader too? Thanks

elketa1252

Oct 28, 2014
Hi guys,
thank you for all the work. I'm currently on build # 10.5.10 on IN2015 device. Any word on being able to root it?

NEVER MIND GUYS, FOUND THIS HANDY ALL-IN-TOOL :D

Thanks anyway!!!!

Last edited:

teegraves58

Oct 24, 2017
I am struggling to root my TMobile OnePlus. I have it sim unlocked and have OEM unlock option, but I cannot find my stock boot.img to use Magisk. Any help?

ShadowJP88

May 5, 2015
I have a oneplus 8 in2010 with the version 10.5.10.in21AA, I can't find the boot.img that I need to create the magisk patched boot.img.
Someone can help me?

Reactions: Rathouse

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
I can give you the stock img if you need, I tried tried to patch it my self and it wouldn't boot, I ended up flashing the global version anyway and rooted it that way. let me know if want the stock 10.5.8 boot img though. I can upload my patched version as well, but I just got the QUALCOMM crash dump screen when trying to boot.
If you have the stock image for 10.5.8 TMO please give me the upload link. I've been looking for that for a while!

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
I am struggling to root my TMobile OnePlus. I have it sim unlocked and have OEM unlock option, but I cannot find my stock boot.img to use Magisk. Any help?
Yes I can help. I downloaded the magisk zip file and flashed it in twrp. Too damn easy.
Download magisk zip from his site. I downloaded the magisk manager and magisk zip. Then iBOOTED twrp don't flash. Then install magisk and reboot. I literally did it dinner minutes ago and I'm rooted. Now to neckline my persist and venture into international or global software! Happy modding!

teegraves58

Oct 24, 2017
Yes I can help. I downloaded the magisk zip file and flashed it in twrp. Too damn easy.
Download magisk zip from his site. I downloaded the magisk manager and magisk zip. Then iBOOTED twrp don't flash. Then install magisk and reboot. I literally did it dinner minutes ago and I'm rooted. Now to neckline my persist and venture into international or global software! Happy modding!

Hey I figured it out a few days ago, but thank you! Can you help me with backing up my persist.img? I see guides but do not quite understand.

Nathan.7118391

Jul 30, 2012
Arlington
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 9 Pro
Last edited:
Reactions: teegraves58

jacobyo7

Apr 26, 2015
So I heard this is the safest methode to root and avoid any issues. Can anyone confirm ?

Starting with a brand new phone, just out on the box :

1. Download the lastest update for my specific model on OnePlus.com
2. Rename it to update.zip
3. Put it on my device
4. Apply the update on the phone trough setting > system update > local update
5. Boot my device into fastboot mode and unlock my device bootloader with adb using the commande fastboot oem unlock
6. Using payload dumper, extract the boot.img from the same lastest update I just downloaded from OnePlus com and applied on my device
7. Transfer the extracted boot.img to my device
8. Install lastest magisk manager 7.5.1 on my device
9. In Magisk Manager - Click on Install > Select and patch a file > (Select the stock boot.img I transfered on my device on step 7)
10. Transfer the magisk_patched.img magisk just created to my computer
11. Boot my device into fastboot mode again and this time use the commande fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
12. If all is working good, go to magisk manager and click install > install > direct install
13. Reboot
14. Download a terminal app on my phone and backup the persist partition using the commande :
su
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/Download/persist.img
15. Transfer the persist.img file somewhere safe to my computer
16. Done

Are those the right steps and the safest to root ? Thanks to you all !

Last edited:

AndyBury

Nov 10, 2010
Essex.
Google Pixel 6a
So I heard this is the safest methode to root and avoid any issues. Can anyone confirm ?

Starting with a brand new phone, just out on the box :

1. Download the lastest update for my specific model on OnePlus.com
2. Rename it to update.zip
3. Put it on my device
4. Apply the update on the phone trough setting > system update > local update
5. Boot my device into fastboot mode and unlock my device bootloader with adb using the commande fastboot oem unlock
6. Using payload dumper, extract the boot.img from the same lastest update I just downloaded from OnePlus com and applied on my device
7. Transfer the extracted boot.img to my device
8. Install lastest magisk manager 7.5.1 on my device
9. In Magisk Manager - Click on Install > Select and patch a file > (Select the stock boot.img I transfered on my device on step 7)
10. Transfer the magisk_patched.img magisk just created to my computer
11. Boot my device into fastboot mode again and this time use the commande fastboot boot magisk_patched.img
12. If all is working good, go to magisk manager and click install > install > direct install
13. Reboot
14. Download a terminal app on my phone and backup the persist partition using the commande :
su
dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/Download/persist.img
15. Transfer the persist.img file somewhere safe to my computer
16. Done

Are those the right steps and the safest to root ? Thanks to you all !
Looks almost perfect to me [emoji106]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts