1. You don't need to use Magisk Canary at all. Just use 24.3, the latest released version of Magisk.
2. You are correct. Either of these sequences will work. I personally recommend the second one.
3. On your step 5, you should use the command fastboot flashing unlock. fastboot oem unlock will probably work, but flashing unlock is the correct command.
4. You will need to download the safetynet-fix-v2.2.1-ob1.zip for either sequence. Yes, leave it zipped and intact.
5. On step 12 of the second sequence, expect Magisk to automatically update itself and reboot. Once it reboots, you can launch Magisk and enable Zygisk Beta and Enforce DenyList
6. After installing the safetynet-fix, go to Configure Deny List and check GPay (Google Pay) and any banking apps that may be troublesome.
7. Magisk used to have integrated access to many useful plugins. That has since been removed.
However, you can download Fox's mmm (magisk module manager), a standalone app that has access to 3 different repos containing Magisk plugins.
Download Fox's mmm here:
If you run into any problems, post what happened on this thread. I will keep an eye out for it. Good luck my friend.
Thanks for you help the install went without issue. Will this safetynet-fix work on other devices as well? I'd like to root my GT 2 Pro and wanted to know if this same safetynet-fix module is fine to use on it as well?