• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Guide] How to ROOT OnePlus8T (CN/IN/EU/US) KB2000,KB2001,KB2003,KB2005

Search This thread

C1andestine

Aug 22, 2021
Change the active slot in fastboot back to what it was and then reboot. You should then be back to where you started.

You should have flashed the patched boot image to your current slot.
I booted into the magisk patched image and then did a Direct Install. I checked root and was good.
I then decided to install on inactive slot in hopes of avoiding OTA problems and encountered the crashdump.

haitower

Jun 27, 2017
I have just bought the 8T (had the 5T before with custom ROM and rooted) and everything seems to be way more complicated compared to back then.. What is it with these two slots now and sh*t.. I don't get it..

I have the latest stock ROM 11.0.10.10. Can I just flash the latest magisk file (magisk_patched_11.0.5.6_KB05BA.img) from the OP or what do I need to do?

I have the EU model and I am such a noob.. Can anyone give me a step by step instruction? :(

Edit: Did I get this right, that the most reliable and most recent method to root is following this guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-oneplus-8t-easy-root-for-all-unlocked-variants.4210775/ ?

Last edited:

C1andestine

Aug 22, 2021
I have just bought the 8T (had the 5T before with custom ROM and rooted) and everything seems to be way more complicated compared to back then.. What is it with these two slots now and sh*t.. I don't get it..

I have the latest stock ROM 11.0.10.10. Can I just flash the latest magisk file (magisk_patched_11.0.5.6_KB05BA.img) from the OP or what do I need to do?

I have the EU model and I am such a noob.. Can anyone give me a step by step instruction? :(

Edit: Did I get this right, that the most reliable and most recent method to root is following this guide here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-oneplus-8t-easy-root-for-all-unlocked-variants.4210775/ ?
You can root that way but I rooted my 8T with Magisk only. There are tutorials. If you already have a magisk patched image that is appropriate for your firmware all you have to do is direct install it and reboot.

vulturext

Dec 5, 2012
In my About phone section, my model is KB2003, but my build number said 11.0.10.10.KB05AA. Which patched boot.img should I use? The KB2003 or KB05AA?

C1andestine

Aug 22, 2021
Here is a boot image for OOS 11.0.10.10 KB05AA and the magisk patched image of the same.

Edit: I guess I can't attach the magisk patched version.

Attachments

• oos-11.0.10.10.KB05AA-boot.zip
    17.4 MB · Views: 14

memerravi

Oct 12, 2021
Hi, I have 8T running on android 11( Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9 KB05DA) can anyone help me rooting it with this process

PS I really am noob and I just unlocked the OEM (Somehow without messing it up)

haitower

Jun 27, 2017
Last edited:

memerravi

Oct 12, 2021
Hi, I have 8T running on android 11( Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9 KB05DA) can anyone help me rooting it with this process

PS I really am noob and I just unlocked the OEM (Somehow without messing it up)
Okay i did it i'll attach the patched image for this version follow step 10 & 11 to do so
(PS I followed "Temporarily boot into a rooted system" at Step 11)

Attached file is patched "boot.img" for - -Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9 KB05DA { INDIAN VARIANT }

edited --- https://anonfiles.com/vcx1m8N5u1/magisk_patched_img

Reactions: C1andestine

C1andestine

Aug 22, 2021
Jan 8, 2017
Hello, I am hoping someone will be able to help me out. I have browsed the replies on this thread and another and I am a bit confused about the update process. I am rooted using a method very similar to the one in this post by extracting the boot.img and patching it; KB 2005 running build 11.0.9.9.KB05AA.

I attempted to run the OTA update by uninstalling magisk, selecting restore images, downloading the OTA, got to the page where it says "restart now", went back to magisk and installed to inactive slot, rebooted.

When I rebooted it looks like it didn't take the update. When I go to system updates the new update 11.0.10.10 KB05AA is sitting there waiting to be installed with a "restart now" button. I'm not sure what I did wrong, I'd like to install the new update and keep root, but I don't know how to proceed. I believe I have the original boot.img from before I rooted if I need it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

edit: after posting this I (stupidly) tried to repeat the steps with the OTA and installing to inactive slot, seeing if it would take the second time. This caused my phone to only boot to recovery. I went ahead and used the MSM tool to fix it, updated to 11.0.10.10, and repeated the necessary steps to patch the boot img and root. All is well now. However, I am interested to know what I may have done wrong when attempting this OTA update, so I know what to do for future updates.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts