(Guide) How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T111

Search This thread

tanmay1

Oct 5, 2016
Your recovery is not updated and still stock.
Open odin and uncheck Auto reboot. Flash recovery again and when flash Complete, manually reboot device to recovery and you will have custom recovery
Can we get a lollipop rom for tab 3neo smt111

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Switch of device
Press power +volume up +home
Once you see Samsung text logo on screen release power and keep holding other 2 button.
It will boot to recovery.
For download mode same way but use volume down in place of volume up.
Port a lollipop rom for this tab

Aug 30, 2016
Hi, sorry for a noob question: how to extract the T110.TWRP.2.7.0.1.tar.md5 to get the recovery.tar.md5?

I opened the file using winrar and only found one file: recovery.img

Thanks..

you don't have to extract T110.TWRP.2.7.0.1.tar.md5
run odin, click on AP or PDA option and select T110.TWRP.2.7.0.1.tar.md5 from there.
odin will not open .img file.
it will only open .tar.md5

BenTennyson

Dec 16, 2017
So... my home button is broken :crying:
I can enter recovery and download mode fine by using ADB but:
The only place where you can download T110.TWRP.2.7.0.1.tar.md5 seems to be androidfilehost.com, and either the site itself or its download servers spill 503 errors for days....
So, is there a way to flash SuperSU via ADB (or Odin) without having to flash TWRP first?
Or - are there any mirror downloads anywhere else? I can't find any.

~edit
Thanks for nothing, Google.
This one should work, luckily the files are directly attached to the posting:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/development-7/sm-t110-kernel-sources-twrp-bootloop-t3060819
~edit2:
Confirmed working with this device:
SM-T111
AV 4.2.2 (Stock rom)
Baseband T111XXUAOC2
Kernel 3.4.5-2825369
Build JDQ39.T111XXUAOC2
Flashed with Odin 3.09 (Newer versions always freeze for me on "file analysis")
Had a strange bootloop - it would always boot into recovery, even when trying to power it off. Went away after clearing cache, dalvik cache and adb-sideloading supersu. Works great now.
Files mirrored HERE and HERE

Last edited:

Dominator32

Jan 2, 2018
How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Neo (Lite) SM-T111 (7.0 inch)

Just couple of days back I have made Prerooted Dr.Ketan custom ROM and many user asking about how to root SM-T111 so here describing simple method about how to root SM-T111.

1.Download tar version of SM-T110 TWRP which is working fine on T111. Here is original thread and you have to download This one. (select tar version NOT flashablbe zip). Thank to @gr8nole
2.Extract that recovery to get recovery.tar.md5
3.Flash this extracted file with Odin (PDA/AP tab)
4.Download SuperSU.zip and here is original thread of SuperSu by chainfire if you needs further info about SuperSU
5.Copy downloaded SuperSu file to Sd card
6.Reboot to recovery (Vol up+power+home)
7.select SuperSu zip and flash
Done !
Can I use this to flash my SM-T113 ? If there is any custom rom for T113 print me there

Mar 17, 2018
Please can anyone help
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, GT-P5210
It stops loading at the SAMSUNG logo with the blue pulsing shadow
I have tried a couple of version of Odin, I actually got one to "see" a tar.md5 file but it failed load
Can anyone please confirm if I am on the right track
Also can anyone please tell me what I need to get it working again?
Many thanks

Aabhusan

May 4, 2018

Just couple of days back I have made Prerooted Dr.Ketan custom ROM and many user asking about how to root SM-T111 so here describing simple method about how to root SM-T111.

1.Download tar version of SM-T110 TWRP which is working fine on T111. Here is original thread and you have to download This one. (select tar version NOT flashablbe zip). Thank to @gr8nole
4.Download SuperSU.zip and here is original thread of SuperSu by chainfire if you needs further info about SuperSU
Done !

It might not work if you dont disable "Auto Reboot" from options. Check out this video for full tutorial: https://youtu.be/Heg7jchPM6Q

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Done !
    Switch of device
    Press power +volume up +home
    Once you see Samsung text logo on screen release power and keep holding other 2 button.
    It will boot to recovery.
    For download mode same way but use volume down in place of volume up.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium
    Your recovery is not updated and still stock.
    Open odin and uncheck Auto reboot. Flash recovery again and when flash Complete, manually reboot device to recovery and you will have custom recovery

Sent from my SM-N920I using xda premium
    Multi Window files needed!!!!!!!!

Done !

Hello Dr.Ketan
    i'm a beginner developer
    i need a few files from tab 3 7 neo for porting multi window to various devices
    if ur support is with me then please reply
    or anyone else seeing this message would like to help that would be great
    I cant quite remember exactly now but
    pretty sure I got my stock rom from - http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/
    booted phone into recovery then flashed the stock rom with odin

It looked slightly different that my original rom but worked fine