[GUIDE] How to ROOT your “Bird v1277” MTK 6577 Dual SIM mobile phone

Search This thread

chunky2

Dec 22, 2011
London
Found this on the Internet not my work, I now have a ROOTED fully working mobile running Ice Cream Sandwich, all credit goes to "TPSparky" for the development of the software.

544448f1.jpg

9440fc91.jpg

First of all, go to the settings - Developer options and check "USB debugging"
140974fe.jpg

Your phone NEEDS to be recognized as an "ADB Device" in "Device Manager" on your pc, or else this won't work!
a9bea00c.jpg

Download this file:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1767087805/4.0root.rar

Unpack the RAR.
Double click the TPSparkyRoot.bat

TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Your phone will re-boot several times, be patient!!! The procedure should look something like this:
53acf0eb.jpg

Once it's successful, your phone should now have a "Superuser" app installed and it should be rooted :)
366a66cd.jpg

YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

Last edited:

chunky2

Dec 22, 2011
London
Will that not stop the Dual Sim Function on hte mobile phone I presume we are on about the same product.

Is this the same product as yours.
http://www.freeyourmobile.com/produ...SIM-Phone-with-4.3inch-touch-screen-M306.html

Can you upload pics somewhere else? Imageshack links are dead.

Hi freeyourmobile, Yes it looks the same as my BIRD V1277 mobile.

Hi IcedFlame, no problem, but can you tell me where I should re-upload the pictures to?

RESPECT...

Last edited:

weissgold

Aug 10, 2010
Hello chunky2,
I've searched everywhere on the internet, but I did'nt find an answer.
Does this Phone have a built in compass?

mikajen

Dec 25, 2010
Makati City
V12 / v1277

I Think we should call this type of phone by its model which is V1277 and V12 respectively.

V12 looks perfectly the same as V1277 but it has MT6575 cpu which on the otherhand;
V1277 has MT6575 version 2 which they code named MT6577.

I think if we all agree with this we could identify/classify right away which phone was it whether its brand is either star, ulefone, bird or what not. Right?

By the way, Is anyone here got to try flashing a custom rom for this kind of phone like the MIUI? :fingers-crossed:

Last edited:
Reactions: theboleslaw

shaamt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
shaamtfractal.com
Rooting failed

I desperately need your help because i know that you are my life saver.

Model number: I9100
CPU: MTK6573
Android version: 4.0.9
Baseband version: I9100XXK13
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100
Build number: GT_I9100_01
Custom build version: 1341280728

After the first rebooting the output text is : cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied.

I have tried it 3 times but with the same problems. Is your rooting program dedicated only for MTK 6577 because mine is MTK 6573. Do you have some clues on how to fix this. Thanks for your time in helping me out. :fingers-crossed:

FrankVM

Oct 4, 2012
possible solution

I desperately need your help because i know that you are my life saver.

Model number: I9100
CPU: MTK6573
Android version: 4.0.9
Baseband version: I9100XXK13
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-I9100
Build number: GT_I9100_01
Custom build version: 1341280728

After the first rebooting the output text is : cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied.

I have tried it 3 times but with the same problems. Is your rooting program dedicated only for MTK 6577 because mine is MTK 6573. Do you have some clues on how to fix this. Thanks for your time in helping me out. :fingers-crossed:

I had a similar problem when trying to root my bird v1277 with Android 4.0.4
I ended up having to do the first steps of the script manually combining the phone's engineer menu and the adb shell.

The objective is to put the local.prop file, with ro.kernel.qemu=1 in it, in the /data directory so that the phone will run in emulater mode and give adb a root shell.
For this I created the local.prop file on my computer and pushed it to /data/local/tmp. Then I entered the engineer mode on my phone and searched around and found a place where you can type shell comands as the system user and copied the local.prop file to /data with busybox.
Hope this helps you :)

Instructions:

[email protected]$ adb push local.prop /data/local/tmp/local.prop
from PC: adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox
from PC: adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/busybox
Enter engineer mode by typing on the dialpad *#15963#* (this may vary from phone to phone so search around if this code doesn't work).
Goto CDS Information / Network Utility. Then run: /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/local/tmp/ocal.prop /data/local.prop
You can run: ls /data to confirm local.prop is there.
Reboot.
From here on you can either manually do the rest of the script or copy the rest of it to a new script and run it.

EDIT: amended to make it actually work (originally tred to use mv instead co pushing busybox and using cp.
EDIT2: amended adb chmod to adb shell chmod

Last edited:

shaamt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
shaamtfractal.com
Engineer Mode Help for MTK Device

For the last few days i've being trying to get the engineer mode code for my phone but failed until i hit "mtk engineer mode" through googling. There is an application called "Mobileuncle MTK Tools" that could excess the engineer mode of my mtk phone.

Mobileuncle MTK Tools is able to list down the menu in engineer mode but there are no CDS Information / Network Utility in the list. The menu listed are as follows:
Battery Log
TouchScreen
GPRS
Audio
Camera
WiFi
Bluetooth
NetworkInfo
AutoAnswer
YGPS
AGPS
EPO
VideoTelephony
Display
Memory
IO
Power
BaseBand
FM Receiver
SIMMeLock
SystemLog
De-Sense
CPU Freq Test
BandMode

I'm hoping that you may have some clues on the next step of solving this problems of mine. Thanks for your time in helping me and i appreciate it very much.

Nekem8

Oct 8, 2012
I had a similar problem when trying to root my bird v1277 with Android 4.0.4
I ended up having to do the first steps of the script manually combining the phone's engineer menu and the adb shell.

The objective is to put the local.prop file, with ro.kernel.qemu=1 in it, in the /data directory so that the phone will run in emulater mode and give adb a root shell.
For this I created the local.prop file on my computer and pushed it to /data/local/tmp. Then I entered the engineer mode on my phone and searched around and found a place where you can type shell comands as the system user and moved the local.prop file to /data
Hope this helps you :)

Instructions:

[email protected]$ adb push local.prop /data/local/tmp/local.prop
Enter engineer mode by typing on the dialpad *#15963#* (this may vary from phone to phone so search around if this code doesn't work).
Goto CDS Information / Network Utility. Then run: mv /data/local/tmp/local.prop /data/local.prop
You can run: ls /data to confirm local.prop is there.
Reboot.
From here on you can either manually do the rest of the script or copy the rest of it to a new script and run it.

Hello

I do have a V1277 as well, but I'm not that up to date on android manipulations. Thing is, that I went into the engineer mode, got to CDS info/network utility. Ran ls /data and saw the local.prop. (I'm not sure if I did it before the " Then run: mv /data/local/tmp/local.prop /data/local.prop" or not...sorry...I'm noob). And also I ran the
Anyways. Everything still gives me error messages telling me that access is denied. In fact the mv command as well.

I guess I may be missing the first line of your instructions. If you have time can you please explain it a bit more deeply? (I got the TPSparkyRoot thing, with adb.exe in it, tried running the command adb push from total commander and also adb terminal)

Thanks in advance

mikajen

Dec 25, 2010
Makati City
Hi everyone.
I recently bougth a micro d-hdmi to hdmi for my v1277 so that I could use it to connect to my lcd tv.
I connected it and it works. The only thing that bothers me is that it won't go on full screen on the tv. The picture is always on portrait and centered at the lcd which kind a disgusted me. I cannot find any options on the hdmi menu to turn it to fullscreen or have it default to landscape mode just to use the whole screen real state.
Does anybody knows howntp do it? Is there an app to solve this that is available on google play.

Help.

Sent from my V1277 using xda app-developers app

FrankVM

Oct 4, 2012
For the last few days i've being trying to get the engineer mode code for my phone but failed until i hit "mtk engineer mode" through googling. There is an application called "Mobileuncle MTK Tools" that could excess the engineer mode of my mtk phone.

Try these ones *#*#3646633#*#* or *#3646633#

You can also check if SystemLog / NetLog has an operational shell command box

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

Hello

I do have a V1277 as well, but I'm not that up to date on android manipulations. Thing is, that I went into the engineer mode, got to CDS info/network utility. Ran ls /data and saw the local.prop. (I'm not sure if I did it before the " Then run: mv /data/local/tmp/local.prop /data/local.prop" or not...sorry...I'm noob). And also I ran the
Anyways. Everything still gives me error messages telling me that access is denied. In fact the mv command as well.

I guess I may be missing the first line of your instructions. If you have time can you please explain it a bit more deeply? (I got the TPSparkyRoot thing, with adb.exe in it, tried running the command adb push from total commander and also adb terminal)

Thanks in advance

ok run these commands and tell me what they say and I'll try and figure out what is going on:
id
ls -ld /data
cat /data/local.prop

shaamt

Oct 4, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
shaamtfractal.com
Engineer Mode Help for MTK Device

Try these ones *#*#3646633#*#* or *#3646633#

You can also check if SystemLog / NetLog has an operational shell command box

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 AM ----------

I think i've tried all the engineer code listed on forums/web but anyway i tried again the one given by you and the result are still the same.
SystemLog / NetLog has no operational shell command box. But anyway i've installed "Terminal Emulator" from google play.
From the shell command in the device are there any way for me to check any directory that allowed system user running in emulator mode and give adb a root shell.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think i've tried all the engineer code listed on forums/web but anyway i tried again the one given by you and the result are still the same.
    SystemLog / NetLog has no operational shell command box. But anyway i've installed "Terminal Emulator" from google play.
    From the shell command in the device are there any way for me to check any directory that allowed system user running in emulator mode and give adb a root shell.

As far as I know there is no way to do it from the terminal app. If you can't find the engineering mode code I don't think my fix to
    TSparkyRoot can't help :( Plus I've read that the value may be set to 0 in the build.prop in later versions of android so might not have worked.
    New exploits come out all the time so you can keep looking for something new. Also you can always try and flash a costume recovery and root from there if you succeed

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

id:
    uid=1000(system) gid=1000(system) groups=1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002 (net_bt),3003(inet),3006(net_bw_stats),3007(net_bw_acct)

ls -ld/data:
    drwxrwx--x system system 2012-10-08 21:54 data

cat /data/local.prop:
    Error/data/local.prop: No such file or directory.

Guess this means, that I was hallucinating at it isn't there....?

you probably saw the local directory and thought it was the local.prop file or run the TSparkyRoot script from the beginning and that deletes the file.

Ok, manually step by step do the following and if any step doesn't work let me know:
    1. Create a local.prop file on your PC in the same directory as adb called local.prop with a single line: ro.kernel.qemu=1
    2. from the console on you PC run the commands:
    adb push local.prop /data/local/tmp/local.prop
    adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox
    adb shell chmod 0777 /data/local/tmp/busybox
    3. from the phone run the command: /data/local/tmp/busybox cp /data/local/tmp/ocal.prop /data/local.prop
    4. from the phone confirm the local.prop file is in place and has the right content with command: cat /data/local.prop
    5. reboot phone
    6. from the PC run adb shell id and check to see if it's id 0 root
    7. remount system Read/Write with command from PC: adb remount
    8. put files in place from PC by running the following commands:
    adb push su /system/bin/su
    adb shell chown 0.0 /system/bin/su
    adb shell chmod 06755 /system/bin/su
    adb push busybox /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell chown 0.0 /system/bin/busybox
    adb shell chmod 0755 /system/bin/busybox
    adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
    adb shell chown 0.0 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    adb shell chmod 0644 /system/app/Superuser.apk
    9. remove the local.prop file to disable emulated mode with command from PC: adb shell rm /data/local.prop
    10. reboot

If all goes well you should have a rooted phone. please hit the Thanks button on any of my posts if that worked ;)

EDIT: changed from using mv to busybox cp to get around permission problem.
    EDIT2: corrected adb chmod to adb shell chmod in step 2

P.S.: Some people have had problems with creating the file in windows. Using the following command, instead of creating it on your PC then pushing it to your phone, should avoid this:
    adb shell "echo \"ro.kernel.qemu=1\" > /data/local/tmp/local.prop"

P.S.2: Think I've over complicated things a bit.
    The command (from phone eng mode): chmod 0777 data
    then running script and ignoring permission denied should work perfectly well and is a lot simpler :p
    Any feedback on this method would be appreciated :)
    Found this on the Internet not my work, I now have a ROOTED fully working mobile running Ice Cream Sandwich, all credit goes to "TPSparky" for the development of the software.

544448f1.jpg

9440fc91.jpg

First of all, go to the settings - Developer options and check "USB debugging"
    140974fe.jpg

Your phone NEEDS to be recognized as an "ADB Device" in "Device Manager" on your pc, or else this won't work!
    a9bea00c.jpg

Download this file:
    https://rapidshare.com/files/1767087805/4.0root.rar

Unpack the RAR.
    Double click the TPSparkyRoot.bat

TAKE YOUR TIME!!! Your phone will re-boot several times, be patient!!! The procedure should look something like this:
    53acf0eb.jpg

Once it's successful, your phone should now have a "Superuser" app installed and it should be rooted :)
    366a66cd.jpg

YOU ARE DOING THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!
    Works like a charm!
    Thank you very much :D

I'm glad. Next time I will definitely try it out first before posting. Could have avoided so much back and forth if I had gotten it properly the first post :p

If you haven't done so yet please press the Thanks button on the bottom left of this post :D
    Thanks Enelna from Hungary
    Hi everyone,
    I made a ported ROM IOS6 style. All functions work perfectly.I recommend for those who like the iphone style.
    Look at the my screen shots. It works for me without error 1 month ago.

if you are interested, you can write private

where are the screenshots?

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

1. DOWNLOAD MTK DROID TOOLS HERE http://ge.tt/1XwvBQb/v/0

I DON'T HAVE THIS PHONE ANYMORE COZ I SOLD IT, THE METHOD I WROTE BELOW FOR MAKING YOUR OWN CWM PATCHED BOOT.IMG AND RECOVERY.IMG FILES WAS INCOMPLETE. I MISSED SOME STEPS.

*SO IF ANYONE WANTS TO GENERATE THEIR 2 FILES BASED ON THE FIRMWARE THEY HAVE, THEN I MIGHT HAVE TO HELP USING TEAMVIEWER (UP TO YOU IF YOU WANNA DO IT THIS WAY).

*AND FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO TRY USING MY FILES FOR FIRMWARE 1009T_1211108_OV5647_ICSV1.3_V08_COM_EN, I WILL ATTACH MY BOOT.IMG FILE AND RECOVERY.IMG FILE HERE. JUST DOWNLOAD THESE 2 FILES AND REPLACE THE ONES IN YOUR ROM FOLDER AND FLASH THE 2 FILES ONLY WITH FLASHTOOL.
    NO NEED TO FLASH THE WHOLE ROM (UP TO IF U WANNA FLASH EVERYTHING, WORKS EITHER WAY). FOR THIS METHOD, PLS MAKE SURE U HAVE A WORKING ROM FILE IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG. I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING, WHATSOEVER.

12. FOR ROOTING, USE THIS PROGRAM FROM HERE (U MUST ENABLE USB DEBUGGING AND UNKNOWN SOURCES, ALSO ENABLE MOCK CONNECTIONS) http://www.mediafire.com/?h8iejlsea6w5z34