• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE]How to setup Dual Boot on legacy PC? (BlissOS and Windows 7/8.1/10)

Search This thread

Ariyan07777

Nov 3, 2019
i install prime os & play some game.after switch of i come back windows.after 3 hours i again go in prime os but my all past data are gone no game no past apps are not there.how i can sholve this problem

yazdanr

Apr 20, 2020
Quote:
default 0
timeout 1

title BlissOS
root (hd0,1)
find --set-root ls /BlissOS/kernel
kernel ------>here we must use c:/ or G:/ ????? ----->/BlissOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/BlissOS vga=788
initrd /BlissOS/initrd.img
boot

wow it really works , thank you it really helped , followed instructions and it works
storage is only 8 G although data img i created is 15 G , how to increase it ?
ok edit : i installed bliss on different partition without installing grub or formatting and assigned 15GB ,then i reboot to windows and opened easybcd , installed neosmart grub , then configure menu.lst file to the partition i installed bliss on , then make default menu entry to bliss os XD didn't expect my method would work so i share it
Edit again , the only issue is when reboot the system any app i installed or any confg i made not exist looks like there's no data and intenal storage only 8 GB although i made a 15GB data img, hope someone know the solution .

Last edited:

pcgardner

Dec 24, 2012
Leeds
I've followed the instructions to the letter, to set up BlissOS live on a legacy PC in a separate partition. Using iReboot to choose to reboot into BlissOS works fine, and displays the blue boot animation – but it doesn't get any further, still showing the animation after an hour or more.

How can I troubleshoot this? I cannot find any log file, either in the BlissOS partition or in the System Reserved partition where EasyBCD creates its NST folder containing menu.lst.

HarryPotter555

Jun 27, 2021
NOTE: This guide is for MBR disks and legacy bios. If you want install on UEFI, this method can not help you.

1- Preparing the installation

a. Download BlissOS Official Roms ISO image.
b. Extract .ISO files into the *\BlissOS\ folder and create a custom size data.img (4gb for fat32 disk - Recomended 16 GB or 32 GB for NTFS disk)
* = Must be disk part. (you can select C:\ , D:\ or another diskparts)
Tips: You can create data.img file with Android PC Toolbox . Create and copy data.img into the BlissOS folder.

2- Setup grup for dual boot

a. Download EasyBCD and install it.
b. Run EasyBCD.exe > Add new entry > NeoGrub > İnstall

BCD01.jpg

-Click Configure and delete all text. (editing menu.lst)
-Copy and paste that text there..

Important Note for root settings: You will change these numbers according to where you installed it.
root (hd0,1)
hd0 is your hdd number..
1 is your hdd disk volume number..

-Download Bootice for see disk numbers..

Bootice01.jpg

-Run Bootice.exe > Physical disk > Parts Manage - You will see disk parts.. No = hdd disk Volume number

Bootice02.jpg

-Rename your boot entry
-Select Count down (you can change timing "10")
-For Windows 10 / windows 8.1 os, check the "use metro bootloader" option.

BCD03.jpg

-Click Save settings.

3-Setup completed. Restart your pc and have fun.
How to use android pc toolbox?

tuankhanh7692

Feb 22, 2020
NOTE: This guide is for MBR disks and legacy bios. If you want install on UEFI, this method can not help you.

b. Extract .ISO files into the *\BlissOS\ folder and create a custom size data.img (4gb for fat32 disk - Recomended 16 GB or 32 GB for NTFS disk)
Tips: You can create data.img file with Android PC Toolbox . Create and copy data.img into the BlissOS folder.

BCD01.jpg

Important Note for root settings: You will change these numbers according to where you installed it.
root (hd0,1)
hd0 is your hdd number..

Bootice01.jpg

-Run Bootice.exe > Physical disk > Parts Manage - You will see disk parts.. No = hdd disk Volume number

Bootice02.jpg

-Rename your boot entry

BCD03.jpg

-Click Save settings.

This method works perfectly for me! Also i tested with PhoenixOS, PrimeOS, replace "BlissOS" in the config file, rename the folder and it work too, thank a lot!

Sohot2000

Sep 22, 2015
Thanks~bro .
its worked for my very old acer tarvelmate 4750 laptop.

Attachments

• IMG_20211130_012153.jpg
    IMG_20211130_012153.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20211130_012402.jpg
    IMG_20211130_012402.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 8

WeebGeek

Aug 27, 2021
Mind you asking how to make the data.img file a diskpart with driver letter?, got no idea, been trying for a while, nothing with bootace nor android pc toolbox, thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

BCD01.jpg

default 0
    timeout 1

title BlissOS
    root (hd0,1)
    find --set-root ls /BlissOS/kernel
    kernel /BlissOS/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive SRC=/BlissOS vga=788
    initrd /BlissOS/initrd.img
    boot

root (hd0,1)
    hd0 is your hdd number..

Bootice01.jpg

Bootice02.jpg

-Rename your boot entry

BCD03.jpg

-Click Save settings.