• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to solve wrong downgrade+fix USB connection to computer (P40Pro+ firmware on P40 Pro / N39 on N29)

Search This thread

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
You should write what you have and what you want to do? Why? What is your intention? Did you used a wrong firmware? What firmware? The all story. To understand better. Also post a screenshot of you About Phone menu.

If you dont need help and just informed us that you a need a C185 firmware, thanks. ;)

Last edited:

mhamd489

Aug 24, 2013
You should write what you have and what you want to do? Why? What is your intention? Did you used a wrong firmware? What firmware? The all story. To understand better. Also post a screenshot of you About Phone menu.

If you dont need help and just informed us that you a need a C185 firmware, thanks. ;)
I have used a wrong firmware and it has been fixed by following your steps you are wonderful ... Thank you

wievi

Oct 25, 2012
Huawei P20 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro
Just want to say thanks to badmania98 for his help to fix play services on my phone. All of it working perfectly including push notifications and no more play protect error as well.

I really think it's still value for money for the small amount of donation compared to us troubleshooting and try to fix the issue for few hours or days. He completed the installation and fixed it just within 30 mins and it might took me few days to figure it out(or won't ever figure it out as well :D)

Totally would recommend anyone that need assistance with their Huawei phone and its play services installation to reach out to @badmania98

Last edited:
Reactions: badmania98

mhmad489

Jan 29, 2016
You should write what you have and what you want to do? Why? What is your intention? Did you used a wrong fir
Screenshot_20211114_130449_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg
Screenshot_20211114_130442_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg
mware? What firmware? The all story. To understand better. Also post a screenshot of you About Phone menu.

The story My P40 pro is brick And I couldn't find a way to restore. So I use your file to get it back and it worked. But the problem now is the region is different. Where it's C185 and now as the screenshot attachment is C432. When I try to update the version via hisuite proxy. An error appears due to different version please advise and thank you.
Screenshot_20211114_133839_com.huawei.photos.jpg
Screenshot_20211114_133835_com.huawei.photos.jpg

Last edited:

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro

almircuric

Feb 18, 2009
Novi Pazar
I wrote in the OP:
”User @bajangg said that ”3. If you choose another Emui 10 version, like Emui 10.0.1.176 and then lost OTA Update, USB Connection, and have no idea what to do, don't afraid. Last time, when i also in the same situation, USB Type C to Type C still working for me and make my device still can connect to HiSuite.” Source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/googlefier-install-gms-on-huawei-honor.4180485/post-85627761 I have not tested yet, but if it works you would begin with step 6.”
How do i use usb type C to Type C? One end goes into smartphone and the other end should go to PC but how come when PC does not have USB C connection?

almircuric

Feb 18, 2009
Novi Pazar
How do i use usb type C to Type C? One end goes into smartphone and the other end should go to PC but how come when PC does not have USB C connection?
However, i was searching in post how to connect usb c to usb-c to get HiSuite conn. and update to latest EMUI 11 fw, since the other end should go to PC and PC does not have usb-c port - and I coudn't find :-( ! I am stuck on 10.0.1.176 (with installed GSM working o.k but no OTA update further). I can manage dload instal via NM card however with no problem. Question is how and where and which version on EMUI 11 firmware do download (dload) i order to get OTA update again, and update up to latest version and then activate again usb connection. Sorry for bothering again ! Please help ! (p.s I have installed proper version for P40 pro not version for P40 pro plus and got this no usb and no OTA update above 10.0.1.176)

Last edited:

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
However, i was searching in post how to connect usb c to usb-c to get HiSuite conn. and update to latest EMUI 11 fw, since the other end should go to PC and PC does not have usb-c port - and I coudn't find :-( ! I am stuck on 10.0.1.176 (with installed GSM working o.k but no OTA update further). I can manage dload instal via NM card however with no problem. Question is how and where and which version on EMUI 11 firmware do download (dload) i order to get OTA update again, and update up to latest version and then activate again usb connection. Sorry for bothering again ! Please help !
What phone and what region do you have? Post a screenshot of About phone.

almircuric

Feb 18, 2009
Novi Pazar
I downloaded correct fw for P40 pro (not for P40 pro plus) using HiSuite proxy via firmfinder on PC, and lost usb connection and got only one OTA update to 10.0.1.176 and then lost OTA Update.I can use NM card for sure. Question is where and how to download and which version of 11 emui (dload) in order to regain OTA update and then go to latest update of EMUI 11 which will regain usb connection. Thanks in advance.

almircuric

Feb 18, 2009
Novi Pazar
What phone and what region do you have? Post a screenshot of About phone.
C432 is the region . I do not have right now screenshot since it is my friends phone. I can provide id though. P40 pro is the phone . I have screenshot of my phone. His is the same but i do not know if its R4 or R5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211124_221636.jpg
    Screenshot_20211124_221636.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 9

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
10.0.1.131 via proxy and after that tried 10.0.1.121 (i think) via dload and NM card since i lost usb connection. In both cases OTA went to 10.0.1.176 and no further
See and try:

shakeelajmal

Sep 13, 2006
i have P40 Pro with ELS-LGRP4 firmware and Region C185 with Preloader version (C185R4) i downgraded from Emui 11 to Emui 10 version ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.183(C185) via proxy suite and now my phone lost usb connection and also no OTA updates i am trying to find firmware for my phone since a week now but not suitable firmware found which could able to emui 10 131 firmware via usb-Type C drive so that i could install google services and then update later to Emui 11 for usb connection restore, please help me if you can

Thanks in advace

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
i have P40 Pro with ELS-LGRP4 firmware and Region C185 with Preloader version (C185R4) i downgraded from Emui 11 to Emui 10 version ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.183(C185) via proxy suite and now my phone lost usb connection and also no OTA updates i am trying to find firmware for my phone since a week now but not suitable firmware found which could able to emui 10 131 firmware via usb-Type C drive so that i could install google services and then update later to Emui 11 for usb connection restore, please help me if you can

Thanks in advace
Is very hard to read your post. Try too use ".", "," and capital letters next time.

Regarding your problem see previous post and try all solutions from the chart.

shakeelajmal

Sep 13, 2006
thanks for reply i read this thread over 6 times and found no links for my required firmware or solution.
as i said i need version 10.1.0.131(C185) ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131
My phone is not connecting with any usb drive (after downgrade) (but may be NV card or some usb-type C usb mentioned in other forums) or cable
my phone is not getting OTA updates
i want to downgrade to proper google service supported version then OTA updates to restore usb functions for that almost every forum member told me to have the above mentioned version i.e 10.1.0.131

i required a firmware containing these file exactly
Model : ELS-N29, Region: C185
ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131
ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C185R4)
ELS-N29-CUST 10.1.0.8(C185)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried a lot, but so far no luck.
    Downgraded to:
    Base Software Version: ELS-LGRP4 OVS 10.1.0.176
    Cust Software Version: 10.1.0.7(C432)
    Preload Software Version: ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.2(C432R5)

Situation:
    * Usb connection is gone
    * Phone fully operational
    * Have a nm card and a usb c reader, both working
    * Tried a lot of dload firmware "Software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
    * Tried and followed the guide, but 180 and 202 gives "software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
    * Software update............Software is up to date. Current version 10.1.0.176(C432E7R5P2)
    * eRecovery -> Update and recover system -> Download and recover -> Retrieving package information -> Get package info failed
    * Didn't try usb c to usb c cable. Have it tomorrow, so wil try that.
    * Factory reset more times...

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance .
    In your case downgrade (dload method) to 10.1.0.121 (firmware is here) using NM card, then you can make upgrades (after you install GMS) with OTA or ERecovery (wifi).
    Your phone is C432?
    Did you downgrade P40Pro using P40 Pro+ firmware? Maybe this thread can help you.

This is for C432 region only. Do not use this firmware on other region firmware. I can prepare the firmware for other region.

When you downgrade P40Pro firmware using P40Pro+ firmware elements your phone will show like this:
    10.1.0.176a.jpeg
    10.1.0.176b.jpeg
    10.1.0.176 settings.jpeg

On those phones can use OTG adapter + dload firmware.
    The steps:
    1. Download the dload firmwares (180 and 202) from this link:

They are not the same firmware as the ones you can find on internet.

2. Unzip 180 firmware and copy dload folder to the memory stick (NM card if OTG is not working)

3. Write 180 firmware using memory-stick + USB-C OTG / NM Card + ProjectMenu\Software Upgrade\1.Memory card Upgrade. To access ProjectMenu, type *#*#2846579#*#* on the original dial app.

At the end will be like this:
    11.0.0.180.jpg

4. Use the same procedure with 202 firmware.

11.0.0.202.jpeg

5. The USB connection to computer is back now.

6. Use HiSuite proxy to downgrade again using the N29 firmware files (https://www.firmfinder.ml/). After this step you will have N29 back.

10.1.0.121.jpeg

7. Now you can install Google, fix the push notifications ( I have the best solution, but is not free) and make update of EMUi to have USB connection to computer and fast charging back.

LE:

a. It is possible to skip to install 180 and write 202 directly, but nobody tried yet. Baby steps.

b. User @bajangg said that ”3. If you choose another Emui 10 version, like Emui 10.0.1.176 and then lost OTA Update, USB Connection, and have no idea what to do, don't afraid. Last time, when i also in the same situation, USB Type C to Type C still working for me and make my device still can connect to HiSuite.” Source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/googlefier-install-gms-on-huawei-honor.4180485/post-85627761 I have not tested yet, but if it works you would begin with step 6.

c. You can use a NM card if OTG+Memory card doesn't work. You will download and extract/copy dload firmware on NM card using phone internet connection.

Special thanks to @ciorax who puts in practice and updated my slim idea.
    As I can see on your images, it doesn't download the files. Server problem or you dont have enough space on the computer partion C:\.

Or your computer partition C:\ is not NTFS formatted (it is FAT 32 only).
    I think that Your HiSuite version is not good.
    Use this tutorial, file included in description.
    Search for HiSuite_11.0.0.550_OVE.exe. Maybe will work. Or the one attached, better.
    Search for HiSuite_11.0.0.550_OVE.exe. Maybe will work. Or the one attached, better.
    Proxy error with this version
    Code:
     [08:27:35]: Checking if HISuite is Installed...
     [08:27:36]: HiSuite Exists, Proceeding...
     [08:27:36]: Closing HISuite....
     [08:27:38]: Checking HISuite Version...
     [08:27:39]: HiSuite Version 11 Is Installed, Proceeding....
     [08:27:39]: Patching HISuite Files....
     [08:27:40]: Patch failed, Aborting process....
     [08:27:40]: Please Contact Developer If Error Continues
     [08:27:41]: https://github.com/ProfessorJTJ/HISuite-Proxy/issues