• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to solve wrong downgrade+fix USB connection to computer (P40Pro+ firmware on P40 Pro / N39 on N29)

Search This thread

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
thanks for reply i read this thread over 6 times and found no links for my required firmware or solution.
as i said i need version 10.010.131(C185) ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131
My phone is not connecting with any usb drive (after downgrade) (but may be NV card or some usb-type C usb mentioned in other forums) or cable
my phone is not getting OTA updates
i want to downgrade to proper google service supported version then OTA updates to restore usb functions for that almost every forum member told me to have the above mentioned version i.e 10.1.0.131
For erecovery and My Huawei app you don't need usb cable. You are jumping straight to the dload firmware method?

shakeelajmal

Sep 13, 2006
Thanks again for quick reply please if you can provide any link to download this software

Model : ELS-N29, Region: C185
ELS-LGRP4-OVS 10.1.0.131
ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.1(C185R4)
ELS-N29-CUST 10.1.0.8(C185)

i think its only solution left for me to use dload method i tried everything else

genseric

Jan 5, 2013
Hello,
I m stuck at this ,
I ll happily pay for the help. Thanks a lot.
Base : ELS-LGRP6-OVS 11.0.0.198
Cust : ELS-N39-CUST 11.0.0.2(C185)
Preload : ELS-N39-PRELOAD 11.0.0.3 (C185R1)

astro_boy2005

Dec 19, 2021
Good Day,

Kiwi (From New Zealand here) I just bought a second hand Huawei P40 Pro phone for my teenage son.
I have been following a lot of thread here and I have a similar problem. Hoping someone can share or help.

Model: ELS-NX9
Build 10.1.0.182 (C636E7R4P1)
EMUI 10.1.0

1. HiSuite Software not detecting P40 Pro (Have tried all previous version and latest version)
2. Cannot do software upgrade EMUI Version OTA always showing "software is up to date" Current version 10.1.0.182

Please see attached photos, please help me downgrade to version 10.1.0.131 to install Google Play.
Would appreciate your step by step guidance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211219_185812_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20211219_185812_com.android.settings.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20211219_190045_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg
    Screenshot_20211219_190045_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 15

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Good Day,

Kiwi (From New Zealand here) I just bought a second hand Huawei P40 Pro phone for my teenage son.
I have been following a lot of thread here and I have a similar problem. Hoping someone can share or help.

Model: ELS-NX9
Build 10.1.0.182 (C636E7R4P1)
EMUI 10.1.0

1. HiSuite Software not detecting P40 Pro (Have tried all previous version and latest version)
2. Cannot do software upgrade EMUI Version OTA always showing "software is up to date" Current version 10.1.0.182

Please see attached photos, please help me downgrade to version 10.1.0.131 to install Google Play.
Would appreciate your step by step guidance.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Hi!

For C636 you need 10.1.0.134 C636 ( not 10.1.0.131 C432). I have it.
You also need a NM card to be sure that downgrade could be done. But you can try (if you already have them) with an USB-C OTG and memory stick/card reader +memory card.

astro_boy2005

Dec 19, 2021
Hi!

For C636 you need 10.1.0.134 C636 ( not 10.1.0.131 C432). I have it.
You also need a NM card to be sure that downgrade could be done. But you can try (if you already have them) with an USB-C OTG and memory stick/card reader +memory card.
Hi badmania98,

First a BIG thank you for your quick reply. I would really appreciate if you can tell me what I need to do next after
downloading the file that I assume you have with you?

Cheers.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi badmania98,

First a BIG thank you for your quick reply. I would really appreciate if you can tell me what I need to do next after
downloading the file that I assume you have with you?

Cheers.

See on my thread:

Last edited:

astro_boy2005

Dec 19, 2021
See on my thread:
Thank you for the very informative answer.

I am trying to find the downloaded archive above as mentioned but no luck.

Can you please re-upload the Firmware version that I need which is C636 (FW Version 10.1.0.134 C636)

Thank you

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Thank you for the very informative answer.

I am trying to find the downloaded archive above as mentioned but no luck.

Can you please re-upload the Firmware version that I need which is C636 (FW Version 10.1.0.134 C636)

Thank you
See the tutorial. The file is from there and the download link is bellow:

ELS-NX9 10.1.0.134(C636E8R5P1)_Firmware_EMUI10.1.0_Fix install GMS:

astro_boy2005

Dec 19, 2021
Good Evening from New Zealand!

Thank you very much for your reply. Very happy I have downgraded the P40 Pro now.

Here are some points I encountered after the downgrade:

1. I have successfully downgraded the version to 10.1.0.134 by watching the video you have shared.

2. Error came "This Device Isn't Play Protect Certified" as soon as I finished all of the video from step 1.

3. I read and I downloaded the files from ICTFix.net and followed all the instructions on how to fix device isn't play protect certified.

4. Everything works fine but after downloading another app (Covid Tracer App for NZ) it ask me to "update google play services". If I don't update then the Covid Tracer App will not work. So I went to step 5 ---->

5. I updated the "google play services" it went back to - --> "This Device Isn't Play Protect Certified".

Is there anything you might suggest what went wrong? Is there anyway how to fix this?
Or only go with the hard solution which is to repeat step 1 again?

Your favorable response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards.
HOW TO flash dload FW guide (downgrade or upgrade EMUI)

„USING OTG ADAPTER or OTG CABLE + USB MEMORY STICK

1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive above (dload folder with all 3 zips inside) and copy to your memory stick / drive >=8gb (formatted as exFat or NTFS) that will be used to upgrade
2. BACKUP your stuffs if you haven't done yet
3. Factory Reset your phone (optional) and POWER it OFF
4. Insert your OTG + memory stick / drive with the correct firmware on it (dload folder with all 3 zips inside)
5. Press Power button AND vOLUME + and as it vibrates and shows Huawei + Android logo WAIT FOR 5-6 seconds and release buttons, and the phone will enter in eRecovery mode. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

USING Huawei NM Card
1. Extract dload folder from downloaded archive above (dload folder with all 3 zips inside) and copy to your Huawei NM Card
2. BACKUP your stuffs if you haven't done yet
3. Factory Reset your phone (optional) and POWER it OFF
4. Press Power button AND vOLUME + and as it vibrates and shows Huawei + Android logo WAIT FOR 5-6 seconds and release buttons, and the phone will enter in eRecovery mode. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.

OR

If you want to do it from sistem after you've made your backup and had an factory reset (optional), insert OTG + memory stick / drive OR copy dload folder with all 3 zips inside to your Huawei NM Card and dial this on dialer *#*#2846579#*#* and select 4.Software Update then 1.Memory card Upgrade . If your inserted card / memory stick or USB drive or Huawei NM Card it's recognised and contains the right files, phone will restart and start flashing the firmware. At the end when it's restarting after succesfully flashed firmware, you can remove the OTG (if you used one).

How to check for update using eRecovery:

In order to acces eRecovery (using this method in order to update WON'T wipe your phone data, it's acting like an normal OTA), follow these steps:
1. Power OFF your device
2. Press Power button AND vOLUME + and as it vibrates and shows Huawei + Android logo WAIT FOR 5-6 seconds and release buttons, and the phone will enter in eRecovery mode. When in menu, select Update mode, then select Memory card/OTG update mode and it should start the update.
3. When in menu, select Update mode, then select eRecovery mode then Update and recover system then Download update and recover. Connect it to Wi-Fi and it should start the update. If it's still the version you're atm, you can hit Cancel and then Restart. If it's a newer version than the one installed, let it download and update. At the end, it will restart to system.„

Thanks to @SilviuO

Regards.

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Good Evening from New Zealand!

Thank you very much for your reply. Very happy I have downgraded the P40 Pro now.

Here are some points I encountered after the downgrade:

1. I have successfully downgraded the version to 10.1.0.134 by watching the video you have shared.

2. Error came "This Device Isn't Play Protect Certified" as soon as I finished all of the video from step 1.

3. I read and I downloaded the files from ICTFix.net and followed all the instructions on how to fix device isn't play protect certified.

4. Everything works fine but after downloading another app (Covid Tracer App for NZ) it ask me to "update google play services". If I don't update then the Covid Tracer App will not work. So I went to step 5 ---->

5. I updated the "google play services" it went back to - --> "This Device Isn't Play Protect Certified".

Is there anything you might suggest what went wrong? Is there anyway how to fix this?
Or only go with the hard solution which is to repeat step 1 again?

Your favorable response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards.

Regards.
You did good. It is not necessary to reconfigure. See your PM.

NicolaDello16

Dec 22, 2021
After downgrading and installing Google services I made the first update that brought me here, now I'm stuck. I tried them all also through the firmware found here but I always give the error. Do you have any solutions? I can't install emui 11 or go back to an older version of emui 10
Screenshot_20211222_161241_com.huawei.android.projectmenu.jpg

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
After downgrading and installing Google services I made the first update that brought me here, now I'm stuck. I tried them all also through the firmware found here but I always give the error. Do you have any solutions? I can't install emui 11 or go back to an older version of emui 10
Usually that is happened when you downgrade to 10.1.0.131.

a. See my upgrade procedures described here:

b. try to use USB OTG+ memory stick (50%) or NM card (100%) to downgrade to 10.1.0.121 and repeat the procedure (install GMS etc)

NicolaDello16

Dec 22, 2021
Usually that is happened when you downgrade to 10.1.0.131.

a. See my upgrade procedures described here:

b. try to use USB OTG+ memory stick (50%) or NM card (100%) to downgrade to 10.1.0.121 and repeat the procedure (install GMS etc)
where do i find the 10.0.1.121? I have so far used a stick with usb c connection already included because it is the only working method I have at the moment since it is not recognized by the pc

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
You install GMS and after that use OTA or erecovery to upgrade. Do not upgrade to a higher version that 11.0.0.230. You will not able to downgrade for ever. Read my thread ( see my signature)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tried a lot, but so far no luck.
    Downgraded to:
    Base Software Version: ELS-LGRP4 OVS 10.1.0.176
    Cust Software Version: 10.1.0.7(C432)
    Preload Software Version: ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.2(C432R5)

Situation:
    * Usb connection is gone
    * Phone fully operational
    * Have a nm card and a usb c reader, both working
    * Tried a lot of dload firmware "Software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
    * Tried and followed the guide, but 180 and 202 gives "software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
    * Software update............Software is up to date. Current version 10.1.0.176(C432E7R5P2)
    * eRecovery -> Update and recover system -> Download and recover -> Retrieving package information -> Get package info failed
    * Didn't try usb c to usb c cable. Have it tomorrow, so wil try that.
    * Factory reset more times...

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance .
    In your case downgrade (dload method) to 10.1.0.121 (firmware is here) using NM card, then you can make upgrades (after you install GMS) with OTA or ERecovery (wifi).
    Your phone is C432?
    Did you downgrade P40Pro using P40 Pro+ firmware? Maybe this thread can help you.

This is for C432 region only. Do not use this firmware on other region firmware. I can prepare the firmware for other region.

When you downgrade P40Pro firmware using P40Pro+ firmware elements your phone will show like this:
    10.1.0.176a.jpeg
    10.1.0.176b.jpeg
    10.1.0.176 settings.jpeg

On those phones can use OTG adapter + dload firmware.
    The steps:
    1. Download the dload firmwares (180 and 202) from this link:

They are not the same firmware as the ones you can find on internet.

2. Unzip 180 firmware and copy dload folder to the memory stick (NM card if OTG is not working)

3. Write 180 firmware using memory-stick + USB-C OTG / NM Card + ProjectMenu\Software Upgrade\1.Memory card Upgrade. To access ProjectMenu, type *#*#2846579#*#* on the original dial app.

At the end will be like this:
    11.0.0.180.jpg

4. Use the same procedure with 202 firmware.

11.0.0.202.jpeg

5. The USB connection to computer is back now.

6. Use HiSuite proxy to downgrade again using the N29 firmware files (https://www.firmfinder.ml/). After this step you will have N29 back.

10.1.0.121.jpeg

7. Now you can install Google, fix the push notifications ( I have the best solution, but is not free) and make update of EMUi to have USB connection to computer and fast charging back.

LE:

a. It is possible to skip to install 180 and write 202 directly, but nobody tried yet. Baby steps.

b. User @bajangg said that ”3. If you choose another Emui 10 version, like Emui 10.0.1.176 and then lost OTA Update, USB Connection, and have no idea what to do, don't afraid. Last time, when i also in the same situation, USB Type C to Type C still working for me and make my device still can connect to HiSuite.” Source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/googlefier-install-gms-on-huawei-honor.4180485/post-85627761 I have not tested yet, but if it works you would begin with step 6.

c. You can use a NM card if OTG+Memory card doesn't work. You will download and extract/copy dload firmware on NM card using phone internet connection.

Special thanks to @ciorax who puts in practice and updated my slim idea.
    As I can see on your images, it doesn't download the files. Server problem or you dont have enough space on the computer partion C:\.

Or your computer partition C:\ is not NTFS formatted (it is FAT 32 only).
    I think that Your HiSuite version is not good.
    Use this tutorial, file included in description.
    Search for HiSuite_11.0.0.550_OVE.exe. Maybe will work. Or the one attached, better.
    Search for HiSuite_11.0.0.550_OVE.exe. Maybe will work. Or the one attached, better.
    Proxy error with this version
    Code:
     [08:27:35]: Checking if HISuite is Installed...
     [08:27:36]: HiSuite Exists, Proceeding...
     [08:27:36]: Closing HISuite....
     [08:27:38]: Checking HISuite Version...
     [08:27:39]: HiSuite Version 11 Is Installed, Proceeding....
     [08:27:39]: Patching HISuite Files....
     [08:27:40]: Patch failed, Aborting process....
     [08:27:40]: Please Contact Developer If Error Continues
     [08:27:41]: https://github.com/ProfessorJTJ/HISuite-Proxy/issues