[GUIDE] How to solve wrong downgrade+fix USB connection to computer (P40Pro+ firmware on P40 Pro / N39 on N29)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NicolaDello16

Dec 22, 2021
You install GMS and after that use OTA or erecovery to upgrade. Do not upgrade to a higher version that 11.0.0.230. You will not able to downgrade for ever. Read my thread ( see my signature)
Out of curiosity, did this happen to me because I started from a wrong emui version? or when I try again can the same thing happen to me when I try to update? Because in the last attempt after making the first update via erecovery then it crashed as you saw earlier

astro_boy2005

Dec 19, 2021
You did good. It is not necessary to reconfigure. See your PM.

After our conversation last night today I made another experimental on my Huawei P40-Pro

1. Re-install FW again to version 10.1.0.134
  2. Download the ictfix file "GSM Fix" at the SAME TIME Download also the "Fix GSM Play Protect Certified".
  3. Turn off wifi and continue GSM Fix and GSM Play Protect Certified WITHOUT installing any apps.
  4. Reboot and Turn on Wifi. Refresh and Check Google Play store and test by downloading apps.
  5. So far I have not encountered any errors Play Store Ver 28.3.16-21
Note:
I have not installed Gmail apps as I have noticed when I installed this during FW downgrade the "GSM Play Protect Certified" error has never been resolved. What I did was to use another stock app from Huawei which is "mail" and sign on my gmail.

Question:
Is it now safe to software update to version10.1.0.182 ??
Until when shall we software update and when to stop ??

Thanks Dan :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211223_164112_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20211223_164112_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 1,493

K7ngLeo

Jan 21, 2022
Friends can anyone help me? I downgraded the P40 Pro to Emui 10 but I installed the wrong version (C636) and mine is (C432). How do I go back to C432? Erecovery does not work and does not connect to PC

onderduiker

Nov 26, 2007
Tried a lot, but so far no luck.
Downgraded to:
Base Software Version: ELS-LGRP4 OVS 10.1.0.176
Cust Software Version: 10.1.0.7(C432)
Preload Software Version: ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.2(C432R5)

Situation:
* Usb connection is gone
* Phone fully operational
* Have a nm card and a usb c reader, both working
* Tried a lot of dload firmware "Software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
* Tried and followed the guide, but 180 and 202 gives "software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
* Software update............Software is up to date. Current version 10.1.0.176(C432E7R5P2)
* eRecovery -> Update and recover system -> Download and recover -> Retrieving package information -> Get package info failed
* Didn't try usb c to usb c cable. Have it tomorrow, so wil try that.
* Factory reset more times...

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance .

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Tried a lot, but so far no luck.
Downgraded to:
Base Software Version: ELS-LGRP4 OVS 10.1.0.176
Cust Software Version: 10.1.0.7(C432)
Preload Software Version: ELS-N29-PRELOAD 10.1.0.2(C432R5)

Situation:
* Usb connection is gone
* Phone fully operational
* Have a nm card and a usb c reader, both working
* Tried a lot of dload firmware "Software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
* Tried and followed the guide, but 180 and 202 gives "software install failed!" Incompatibility with current version
* Software update............Software is up to date. Current version 10.1.0.176(C432E7R5P2)
* eRecovery -> Update and recover system -> Download and recover -> Retrieving package information -> Get package info failed
* Didn't try usb c to usb c cable. Have it tomorrow, so wil try that.
* Factory reset more times...

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance .
In your case downgrade (dload method) to 10.1.0.121 (firmware is here) using NM card, then you can make upgrades (after you install GMS) with OTA or ERecovery (wifi).
Your phone is C432?

Reactions: onderduiker

onderduiker

Nov 26, 2007
In your case downgrade (dload method) to 10.1.0.121 (firmware is here) using NM card, then you can make upgrades (after you install GMS) with OTA or ERecovery (wifi).
Your phone is C432?
Thank you for the very fast reply. I am gonna try that. Yes C432.

Mmm, I see that I allready tried that firmware. Software failed, incompatible.
I will try it again.
Notice it is E8 not E7 ??

Last edited:

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro

hashem1992

Jan 24, 2022
Hi

Can Someone assist me in this, I have tried all the solutions and all the files shared but nothing is working with me, When I try @badmania98 files it gets stuck on verifying update.
Is there a special file for this phone ?

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpeg
    Screenshot.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 12

badmania98

Sep 23, 2007
ROMANIA
Huawei P40 Pro
Hi

Can Someone assist me in this, I have tried all the solutions and all the files shared but nothing is working with me, When I try @badmania98 files it gets stuck on verifying update.
Is there a special file for this phone ?
What do you want to do? Do you have NM card or OTG or connection to computer through USB cable? Your phone is C185. What files have you tried from me with C185?

hashem1992

Jan 24, 2022
What do you want to do? Do you have NM card or OTG or connection to computer through USB cable? Your phone is C185. What files have you tried from me with C185?
Hi

I’m sorry but I’m not professional in this, I use USB with adapter and the phone is identifying them but the computer connection is not working, I used the files you uploaded at the beginning but it’s not working for me I guess it’s a different version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you downgrade P40Pro using P40 Pro+ firmware? Maybe this thread can help you.

This is for C432 region only. Do not use this firmware on other region firmware. I can prepare the firmware for other region.

When you downgrade P40Pro firmware using P40Pro+ firmware elements your phone will show like this:
    10.1.0.176a.jpeg
    10.1.0.176b.jpeg
    10.1.0.176 settings.jpeg

On those phones can use OTG adapter + dload firmware.
    The steps:
    1. Download the dload firmwares (180 and 202) from this link:

They are not the same firmware as the ones you can find on internet.

2. Unzip 180 firmware and copy dload folder to the memory stick (NM card if OTG is not working)

3. Write 180 firmware using memory-stick + USB-C OTG / NM Card + ProjectMenu\Software Upgrade\1.Memory card Upgrade. To access ProjectMenu, type *#*#2846579#*#* on the original dial app.

At the end will be like this:
    11.0.0.180.jpg

4. Use the same procedure with 202 firmware.

11.0.0.202.jpeg

5. The USB connection to computer is back now.

6. Use HiSuite proxy to downgrade again using the N29 firmware files (https://www.firmfinder.ml/). After this step you will have N29 back.

10.1.0.121.jpeg

7. Now you can install Google, fix the push notifications ( I have the best solution, but is not free) and make update of EMUi to have USB connection to computer and fast charging back.

LE:

a. It is possible to skip to install 180 and write 202 directly, but nobody tried yet. Baby steps.

b. User @bajangg said that ”3. If you choose another Emui 10 version, like Emui 10.0.1.176 and then lost OTA Update, USB Connection, and have no idea what to do, don't afraid. Last time, when i also in the same situation, USB Type C to Type C still working for me and make my device still can connect to HiSuite.” Source: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/googlefier-install-gms-on-huawei-honor.4180485/post-85627761 I have not tested yet, but if it works you would begin with step 6.
    L.E. The transfer files between Computer and phone is available on the downgraded firmware (10.1.x.x) when you use a certain USB-c to USB-c cable. In this case a UGREEN, US355, USB-C To USB-C, 3.1, Gen.2, PD, 5A, 100W, 4K, 10 Gbps cable has been used. In the same time, using the original USB cable or other ordinary USB-c to USB-C cable have not activated the file transfer.

c. You can use a NM card if OTG+Memory card doesn't work. You will download and extract/copy dload firmware on NM card using phone internet connection.

Special thanks to @ciorax who puts in practice and updated my slim idea.
    As I can see on your images, it doesn't download the files. Server problem or you dont have enough space on the computer partion C:\.

Or your computer partition C:\ is not NTFS formatted (it is FAT 32 only).
    I think that Your HiSuite version is not good.
    Use this tutorial, file included in description.
    Search for HiSuite_11.0.0.550_OVE.exe. Maybe will work. Or the one attached, better.
    Search for HiSuite_11.0.0.550_OVE.exe. Maybe will work. Or the one attached, better.
    Proxy error with this version
    Code:
     [08:27:35]: Checking if HISuite is Installed...
     [08:27:36]: HiSuite Exists, Proceeding...
     [08:27:36]: Closing HISuite....
     [08:27:38]: Checking HISuite Version...
     [08:27:39]: HiSuite Version 11 Is Installed, Proceeding....
     [08:27:39]: Patching HISuite Files....
     [08:27:40]: Patch failed, Aborting process....
     [08:27:40]: Please Contact Developer If Error Continues
     [08:27:41]: https://github.com/ProfessorJTJ/HISuite-Proxy/issues