[GUIDE] How to trigger the Nokia 3.2 to EDL mode

Search This thread

hikari_calyx

In case HMD blocked the Allowing "OEM unlocking" function on Nokia 3.2, or if you bricked the phone accidently, here's how to trigger the phone to EDL mode:

- Power off the phone
- Remove the SIM tray
- Peel off the back cover with fingernails, or something like small jailbar
- Unscrew screws on the top

UPDATE:
According to @JFDee , Nokia 3.2 00EEA variant doesn't have the test point on the right. You may need to connect the only point you've seen to the ground, for example the RF shield is grounded.
According to @deadman96385 , Nokia 3.2 V completely removed the test point - so this guide may unsuitable for it.

Now you have access to the motherboard. I highly recommend you to disconnect the battery for further procedure.

Then use tweezers to connect points mentioned on the picture below, then connect the phone to PC.

EDCx_OUX4AA11Qv.jpg

Once you get the point, you can get to the next procedure of bootloader unlocking.

You can follow the bootloader unlock guide for Nokia 4.2 then.
https://xdaforums.com/nokia-4-2/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-nokia-4-2-t3962402

Last edited:

page1875

Oct 28, 2019
no EDL on 00EEA

I also have the Nokia 3.2 00EEA variant.
The connection from the only left point to ground is not working for me!
Hope for more possibilities in future!

UPDATE:
After removing the solder vanish from the second point on the right side and shorting the points, EDL mode finally works!

Last edited:
Reactions: monty68 and monty62

BorisNahka

Jan 2, 2020

UPDATE:
After removing the solder vanish from the second point on the right side and shorting the points, EDL mode finally works!

Could you show pictures how you did it?

Reactions: monty68

page1875

Oct 28, 2019
I'm not at home actually for longer time.
But you see the second point directly next to the one open point (see picture above). This you have to open a little bit with a knife or something sharp, but be careful not to damage the copper from the point!

But also when you are already in Fastboot Mode you can take the Fastboot.exe which is included in the global image files in the other thread and boot your phone directly into edl mode without open it!

May 1, 2017
I'm not at home actually for longer time.
But you see the second point directly next to the one open point (see picture above). This you have to open a little bit with a knife or something sharp, but be careful not to damage the copper from the point!

But also when you are already in Fastboot Mode you can take the Fastboot.exe which is included in the global image files in the other thread and boot your phone directly into edl mode without open it!

HOWWW????

KiatoKid

Apr 7, 2020
FastBoot mode Stuck

In case HMD blocked the Allowing "OEM unlocking" function on Nokia 3.2, or if you bricked the phone accidently, here's how to trigger the phone to EDL mode:

- Power off the phone
- Remove the SIM tray

UPDATE:
According to @JFDee , Nokia 3.2 00EEA variant doesn't have the test point on the right. You may need to connect the only point you've seen to the ground, for example the RF shield is grounded.
According to @deadman96385 , Nokia 3.2 V completely removed the test point - so this guide may unsuitable for it.

Now you have access to the motherboard. I highly recommend you to disconnect the battery for further procedure.

Then use tweezers to connect points mentioned on the picture below, then connect the phone to PC.

EDCx_OUX4AA11Qv.jpg

Once you get the point, you can get to the next procedure of bootloader unlocking.

https://xdaforums.com/nokia-4-2/how-to/guide-how-to-unlock-bootloader-nokia-4-2-t3962402

Hi fella could you help me on my problem? I'm stuck in fastbood mode and my computer doesnt recognise it.

Reactions: monty62 and monty68

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Power off the phone
    - Remove the SIM tray

UPDATE:

EDCx_OUX4AA11Qv.jpg

no EDL on 00EEA

UPDATE:
    FastBoot mode Stuck

- Power off the phone
    - Remove the SIM tray

UPDATE:

EDCx_OUX4AA11Qv.jpg

Hi fella could you help me on my problem? I'm stuck in fastbood mode and my computer doesnt recognise it.
    I guess either driver problem in windows or usb cable damaged!

Try Linux!

UPDATE:

Could you show pictures how you did it?