• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] HOW TO UBL/ROOT/UNROOT INFINIX NOTE 7 X690B (FROM V320 UNTIL V347)

Search This thread

NyihuiGamer

Feb 13, 2016
Can you help me to update my system update? Im done unrooting may infinix note 7 but still it is error when start updating. Can you also create a tutorial on how to flash this phone so i can update it using wifi only, thankyou.

Unfortunately you need to use a PC/Laptop to flash your phone.
There's another method to flash your firmware, but the program is not official and detected as false positive by some antivirus. I admit using that one since i don't need to use Python and CMD to run it.

Blake Felps

Nov 5, 2021
Unfortunately you need to use a PC/Laptop to flash your phone.
There's another method to flash your firmware, but the program is not official and detected as false positive by some antivirus. I admit using that one since i don't need to use Python and CMD to run it.
Can i contact you directly? I need a stock firmware on my build number but i cant find it in google thankyou so much!

NyihuiGamer

Feb 13, 2016
I back it up myself using SPFT.

Sir please make twrp for this stock
I don't have the knowledge to make it and i don't know basic linux. I have tried a tool to make TWRP but it doesn't boot on this device. If you want to use GSI ROM, i suggest to flash it using fastbootd method. I successfully flash some ROM and boot into homescreen but i prefer stock ROM more than custom one. 🤔

Sajjaddani

Nov 8, 2021
I back it up myself using SPFT.

I don't have the knowledge to make it and i don't know basic linux. I have tried a tool to make TWRP but it doesn't boot on this device. If you want to use GSI ROM, i suggest to flash it using fastbootd method. I successfully flash some ROM and boot into homescreen but i prefer stock ROM more than custom one. 🤔
plz send me link file

Abdo__

Nov 26, 2021
hey so i did everything until flashing the boot.img, i flashed a patch i had made with magisk and now my phone is bootlooping, im trying to get into recovery mode but its not working, its volume up + power button right? i tried leaving my battery to die and then trying to access recovery when i plug it in but it still isnt working, any help?

NyihuiGamer

Feb 13, 2016
hey so i did everything until flashing the boot.img, i flashed a patch i had made with magisk and now my phone is bootlooping, im trying to get into recovery mode but its not working, its volume up + power button right? i tried leaving my battery to die and then trying to access recovery when i plug it in but it still isnt working, any help?

are you flash it with the same version? it bootloop usually because you flash the wrong version or you haven't flash the vbmeta. to fix that is to go to fastboot mode and flash with correct version and empty vbmeta too. If you can see "no command" when you tried to go to recovery mode, then you can go to fastboot mode.

Abdo__

Nov 26, 2021
are you flash it with the same version? it bootloop usually because you flash the wrong version or you haven't flash the vbmeta. to fix that is to go to fastboot mode and flash with correct version and empty vbmeta too. If you can see "no command" when you tried to go to recovery mode, then you can go to fastboot mode.
I think i did flash an older version and no vbmeta, but the "no command" prompt never shows up, even if i press volume up+power, is that the right combination of buttons?

NyihuiGamer

Feb 13, 2016
I think i did flash an older version and no vbmeta, but the "no command" prompt never shows up, even if i press volume up+power, is that the right combination of buttons?

yes, just hold that button, after infinix logo shows up, release power button but keep hold volume up button until no command picture appears

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, this is my first time creating a thread at XDA. So if there's anything wrong please correct me, and I'm not a native english speaker so I'm sorry if my word is confusing 😉.

• I'm not responsible for any damage that will happen to your phone. So DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK.
    • UNLOCK BOOTLOADER WILL WIPE YOUR INTERNAL STORAGE, so please backup your data first before continue.
    • Rooting process WILL VOID YOUR GUARANTEE so keep that in mind.
    • If your phone is below version 320, please update your system first at least until version 320.
    • READ CAREFULLY, skip a step and it might brick your phone.

* If you want to use TWRP and do more with it, go to THIS THREAD to flash TWRP and flash magisk file yourself.

THIS IS FOR INFINIX NOTE 7 (X690B) ONLY. If your phone is X690/X690C I'm sorry but I can't help you since I don't have such phone model 🙇‍♂️.

Please download the files according to your current build number.
    * Magisk version 23.0

********** PREPARATION **********
    1. Extract the downloaded files in your PC
    2. Open driverInstall.exe and install it.
    3. Open Root folder, copy all the data to ADB_Fastboot folder.
    4. In your phone, enable Developer Options.
    5. At Developer Options, enable OEM Unlocking, enable USB Debugging, and set Default USB Configuration to File Transfer.
    6. Plug your phone to your PC and run "cmd-here.exe" on your PC.

********** UNLOCK BOOTLOADER **********

If you already unlocked your bootloader, please skip this step.
    In this step, your internal storage will be WIPED.
    1. Type adb devices, there will be a popup confirmation, tap Allow.
    2. Type adb reboot-bootloader. Wait until there's USB logo with Fastboot text on your phone.
    3. Type fastboot flashing unlock. Press Volume UP on your phone to confirm.
    4. If it's done, type fastboot reboot.
    5. Your phone is wiped so set it all up again and do number 5 at Preparation step again.

********** ROOT/FLASH VIA FASTBOOT **********
    1. Type adb devices, there will be popup confirmation, tap Allow.
    2. Type adb reboot-bootloader. Wait until there's USB logo with Fastboot text on your phone.
    3. Type fastboot flash boot boot_magisk.img.
    4. Type fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta_empty.img.
    5. Type fastboot reboot.
    6. Your phone will reboot. After it goes to homescreen, type adb install magisk.apk.
    7. Plug out your phone, connect to the internet, and open Magisk.
    8. It'll shows a popup "Requires Additional Setup", tap OK.
    Your phone will reboot itself and it's finally rooted. 👏👏👏

* If you can't flash boot and vbmeta via fastboot, possibly because you're not installing the driver correctly or you haven't unlock your bootloader yet. So please do that step first.

********** UNROOT/FLASH VIA FASTBOOT **********

3. Type fastboot flash boot boot_ori.img.
    4. Type fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta_ori.img.
    5. Type fastboot reboot.

********** RELOCK BOOTLOADER **********

UNROOT YOUR PHONE FIRST
    or else YOU WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE.
    3. Type fastboot flashing lock. Press Volume UP on your phone to confirm.
    4. If it's done, type fastboot reboot.

********** SYSTEM UPDATE **********

Basically it's doable, but only if your system partition is unmodified. You just unroot your phone and update the system in Settings.

* Starting from firmware version X690B-H691DE-Q-GL-210630V338, if you already unroot your phone and it still FAILED TO UPDATE, you need to flash your phone with clean stock ROM and SPFT. This is optional since almost previous system update is just about security and minor improvement. Use MTK Bypass Tool to flash it without DA file.

If you want to uninstall system apps, I suggest to do it via ADB since uninstalling via root app is modifying your system, dangerous and might brick your phone. IDK if you can do it either. Tutorial is on youtube, just search it yourself.

Thanks to topjohnwu for Magisk.
    Thanks to HemanthJabalpuri for TWRP.
    Thanks to hovatek and X3non at Hovatek Forum for guide.
    Hello Bro!
    I want to ask you that, my infinix Note 7 BUILD NUMBER (X690B-H691DE-Q-GL-210630V338.
    Is these files is 100% works?
    Is there is any chances of crashing my phone during your told method?
    It works bro. I'm currently using the same build number too. Just make sure you install the driver and unlock bootloader first. Sorry i don't have tutorial video.