[GUIDE] How to 'unbrick' your Mediatek MT65xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
i've seen far too many times that fellow xda member make this same mistake over & over again, including myself...
tongue.gif

So pls pls people, don't use SP Flash Tool to download ROM not meant for your phone, it will brick it & there is no way to revive it back ! After you have download wrong PRELOADER, your phone will be completely dead, cannot power on, no charging, no recovery, no PreLoader USB vcom detection & you can say
rip.jpg
to it...

Here is the WARNING again :

NEVER DOWNLOAD ROM NOT MEANT FOR YOUR PHONE. IT WILL BRICK IT !
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Even with the the WARNING & you still do it...
alamak.gif

Inspired by fellow xda member to start this thread to help out other xda member that run in to similar problem so here are the solution but it might not work for all MT65xx... :fingers-crossed:

If you have already brick it by flashing wrong PRELOADER then you still have a 50/ 50 chance to revive it so keep you fingers-crossed... :fingers-crossed:

For MT6573
Requirement : Your MT6573 factory ROM, SP Flash Tool
MT6573 Meta Driver - If you don't have, download it from here
First you will need to open Device Manager, switch off your phone, press & hold Menu button but don't let go, now plug-in your usb cable will activate META mode(Thanks to Master Shifu Cybermaus for his insight knowledge)...You'll notice Mediatek USB VCOM will appear at Device Manager -> Ports

Mediatek USB VCOM will stay connected until you download factory ROM then it will auto disconnect, reconnect as PRELOADER USB VCOM & continue downloading...

After factory ROM download completed, it will be auto disconnected & you'll have your phone raise from the dead ! :laugh:

This hidden feature will enable you to download factory ROM when you brick it by flashing wrong PRELOADER meant for other phone however for some MT6573 there is no way to access META mode except by dismantling the whole phone... :eek:

If you can't find your model factory ROM, try to hunt for similar ROM. I have had feedback from fellow xda member it actually works ! Luckily, most MT65xx ROM are very similar to each other. Try to look for similarity at build.prop -> ro.build.product for eg, typical build are bird73_gb , e1109_v73_jy1, huaqin73_gb, tinnoes73_s8030_2g, mt73_w831_a9100_yingt & etc... google search is your friend... :good:

For MT6575/ 77
With the battery out, hold the volume up, don't let go & plug in the USB cable will activate META mode for few seconds...Typically, you need to click Download at SP Flash Tool before entering META mode or it will auto disconnected...

If all doesn't work & you don't have a local service center for your MT65xx then may be you would want to try rua1's method but its not for the ordinary user... :fingers-crossed: Use google chrome for translation...

Attach is few photos that i've downloaded from that forum as it can only be viewed by members at that forum.... :good:
Added on Nov 23, 2012 - MT65xx is truly UNBRICKABLE

it seems that MT65xx is really 'unbrickable' thanks to whitetigerdk who inform me with his how-tos :good:

So you can raise your DEAD MT65xx back to life... :D

The trick is quite simple, for whitetigerdk case, he flash his GooPhone Y5 with Zopo100 factory ROM & the phone went DEAD...

He proceed to reinstall preloader driver from Zopo & was able to use FlashTool again and flash back his factory GooPhone ROM & thats how he brought back his MT6575 back to life... :good:

Updates
i've pm'ed whitetigerdk & got a reply from him confirming that indeed his GooPhone Y5 has this META mode built-in (plug in USB while holding VOL +)

Device Manager will detect new device... Having said that, not all MT65xx device has this feature... :eek:
Added on Dec 20, 2012 - DO NOT USE MEMORY TEST AT SPFT !
There has been confirmed cases that fellow xda member brick their MT6575/ 77 by using the MEMORY TEST function at SP Flash Tool !

When you put a check mark at NAND Flash Test or EMMC Test what it does is that it actually FORMAT it & this will brick your device !

For those who are having problem such as 3013 S_DA_SOC_CHECK_FAIL or 8038 SP FLASH TOOL ERROR for MT6575/ 77 even with testpoint, you will need SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.0.sn85
I have upload it to here for ease to fellow xda member, Credits to Master Shifu rua1...
rclxms.gif

Added on Jan 06, 2013 - DO NOT JUST FLASH ANY ROM WHEN YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE !
Well known brands like Lenovo, Zopo, ZTE & etc do provide FACTORY ROM at their webpage for download...

However, for those lesser known brand, its hard to say so you will have to hunt for it & do as the title says... :D
Credits to XDA Senior Member cybermaus, he has put up a simple guide on How to search for replacement rom...
rclxms.gif

Added on Feb 11 2013 - Guide for Backing Up your device Factory ROM
This guide here is meant for you to pass to a good Samaritan that will help you unbrick your device, hopefully... :fingers-crossed:
Added on Feb 20 2013 - Mediatek Driver Auto Installer
Found a Mediatek Driver Auto Installer, download it from here... Will be useful for those having drivers issues...
Works on WinNT, WinXP, Win2003, WinVista, Win7 be it x86 or x64, just double-click Install...
But remember to turn off User Account Control Settings...

Added on Feb 25, 2013
Operation to Support & Reward our MTK SoC Developers
Head up to here & show your support...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Added on May 13, 2013 - Reward for a Job Well Done
It is Master Shifu rua1 that discovered MTK devices can be unbrick via testpoint & he has developed a great tool & continuously updating it, the MTK Droid Root & Tools that can backup Factory ROM out of an unknown MTK devices, get hardware information, Root it, port CWM & many many more...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Its sad to see users are taking advantage of all these free infos & tool developed by Master Shifu... :( Recent check with Master Shifu & he told me he only get 3 donations from xda :eek: Come on people... :rolleyes:

Please understand the significant amount of time and effort required to understand how the MTK devices works, then developing a software, a new function, bug fixes, add new features, testing it & etc before releasing it as a free tool...

Master Shifu never demanded any payment for using his software & inline with the xda spirit to Gives Credit Where Credit is Due you should start hitting the DONATE button now... ;)

As i have mention in this thread before, when you have unbrick your MTK devices using these infos & tool by Master Shifu, it means you don't have to fork out another USD 200+ to get a new devices... :laugh:

So how about spending Master Shifu breakfast, lunch or dinner that you have manage to save $$$ :D
Pls pls consider making a donation to the Master Shifu rua1 to support him to continue development of this free great tool...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Free software/ tool on xda = you download it, use it & it help you = Hit that DONATE button
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Attachments

• SAM_13171.jpg
    SAM_13171.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 75,755
  • a8500test.jpg
    a8500test.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 65,173
  • 20121003_235537.jpg
    20121003_235537.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 62,438
  • 09102012006.jpg
    09102012006.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 57,842
  • HaipaiX710dMTK6577TestPoint.jpg
    HaipaiX710dMTK6577TestPoint.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 57,542
  • 0_9645f_9d41a24d_orig.jpg
    0_9645f_9d41a24d_orig.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 52,193
  • B63M_Test_Point.jpg
    B63M_Test_Point.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 52,205
Last edited:

27ylliw

Mar 22, 2010
in the north of italy
Hi.

I've my M Pay Royalty Note 2 bricked, my pc detect as "MTK usb com port" and Preloader don't start to upload again the firmware.

I don't understand if is possible unbrick the phone and how to do this.

The only thing that work with SP Flash Tool is the read-back function.

Please help me. :(

Reactions: face103 and split52

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Normally for most MT65xx, you can't access META mode, to access it on my Lenovo, i have to take out the battery, press & hold volume up(don't let go) & plugin USB cable & the Device Manager will pop-up MTK USB COM for few seconds then disappear...( As the youtube video above ) Only at this MTK USB COM, the factory ROM can be downloaded without PRELOADER, according to Master Shifu cybermaus, thats how they download factory ROM at the first place... :D

Typically when you have MTK USB COM show up at Device Manager meaning you have factory META mode then you should be able to download your factory ROM with it too... :D No need to dismantle up your phone & look for testpoints... :laugh: Did you press the Download button at SP Flash Tool first then only plugin USB cable... :confused: Or maybe you should try pressing the Volume Up button too while plugging in USB cable... :fingers-crossed:

Did you try reinstall driver as per whitetigerdk trick... :confused:

What is the error message you got... :confused: If you can upload then you should be able to download with it too... :fingers-crossed:

Good Luck... :D

cybermaus

Dec 6, 2008
Earth
www.campingtiveden.se
I've my M Pay Royalty Note 2 bricked, my pc detect as "MTK usb com port" and Preloader don't start to upload again the firmware.

I am not as optimistic as Yuweng in that it is 'unbrickable', but if you mean to say that your PC *does* still detect a MTK usb com port, then I would indeed suggest we may be able to salvage the device. But before you try anything else, lets first get a proper idea of where you are, and how you got there:

1) Please describe properly what phone you have. Exact model, brand, where you bought it. Links to it may be useful. Do you remember what ROM it originally came with?

2) Please describe *how* you bricked the device. What did you do, what firmware did you try to load, what steps did you try to take, and how did it fail.

3) Please confirm if indeed you still see the MTK com port when you connect it to PC.

4) If you still see the MTK com port, you say you cannot flash. Please tell us why not. What flash method are you trying, using what ROM, and how is it failing?

In your answers, be descriptive and verbose. Foto's (or better screenshots) should be added if possible. Yes, this means a lot of effort, but if you think we can help you save your phone based on one-liners, you are wrong.

PS: Yuweng: can you please drop the 'master shifu' honorific? I am not any master builder, just hobbyist hacking about. Also I did not see the movie yet. Also, while impolite to ask, could I ask you to take a non-animated signature? Its funny at first, but after a while very distracting.

Last edited:

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
Bricked phone mtk6577

Hello,
I purchased s3 clone, brand : ALPS, Model - N-93000, MTK 6577, 1.2 ghz dual core, 8 mp camera, 512 ram, android Jelly bean 4.1.0 from alibaba.com

Now my problem is one sim slot working fine and another sim slot "not able to register on network" and not working magnetic sensor. i complain to supplier but he does not want to listen and telling we sent mobile after testing. and last he told send back us mobile. now money wise its not possible me for send back mobile to him.

i tried to root mobile for updating baseband, but mobile hang at boot logo. then i searched flash file and SP Tool, In sp tool i selected all file from scattered.txt and pressed download for flashed mobile,

then after mobile is totally not recognized by pc.
]Please provide solution and rom for my device as my supplier is not supporting me.

I am attaching internal circuit photos and mobile pics and video for your ready reference. please reply on ashishp.grims@gmail.com

I am not as optimistic as Yuweng in that it is 'unbrickable', but if you mean to say that your PC *does* still detect a MTK usb com port, then I would indeed suggest we may be able to salvage the device. But before you try anything else, lets first get a proper idea of where you are, and how you got there:

1) Please describe properly what phone you have. Exact model, brand, where you bought it. Links to it may be useful. Do you remember what ROM it originally came with?

2) Please describe *how* you bricked the device. What did you do, what firmware did you try to load, what steps did you try to take, and how did it fail.

3) Please confirm if indeed you still see the MTK com port when you connect it to PC.

4) If you still see the MTK com port, you say you cannot flash. Please tell us why not. What flash method are you trying, using what ROM, and how is it failing?

In your answers, be descriptive and verbose. Foto's (or better screenshots) should be added if possible. Yes, this means a lot of effort, but if you think we can help you save your phone based on one-liners, you are wrong.

PS: Yuweng: can you please drop the 'master shifu' honorific? I am not any master builder, just hobbyist hacking about. Also I did not see the movie yet. Also, while impolite to ask, could I ask you to take a non-animated signature? Its funny at first, but after a while very distracting.

Attachments

• V0004_3-11-2012_21.49.0.rar
    7 MB · Views: 17,054

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
@ashishp.grims
The only way to solve your problem is by finding the correct ROM...So you better hope for one good Samaritan that has the same device, help you to back it up & upload it for you... :fingers-crossed:

Use this tool here by Russian Grand Master rua1... :good: It is able to backup full factory ROM out of a working MT65xx...
thumbup.gif

@cybermaus
not only you, even my own head is spinning when i browse back my own thread...
rclxub.gif

Point taken...
salute.gif

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
not recognized by pc

But my phone is not recognized by PC. I tried to press volume up button and connect USB cable to pc then also it is not detected by PC. how to make it detectable.

@ashishp.grims
The only way to solve your problem is by finding the correct ROM...So you better hope for one good Samaritan that has the same device, help you to back it up & upload it for you... :fingers-crossed:

Use this tool here by Russian Grand Master rua1... :good: It is able to backup full factory ROM out of a working MT65xx...
thumbup.gif

@cybermaus
rclxub.gif

Point taken...
salute.gif

Reactions: Salik Iqbal

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
Bricked MTK 6577

Dear,

My circuit board is different then shown in thread. i find only one point and not other and not able to understand how to use multimeter.

You can find photos of my mobile circuit in first post. if you able to show me which are the two points to use and about multimeter setting.

Thanks for helping me

Haha, if you say it is not detected by the PC then you have no other choice but to refer to this thread here... :cool:

Good Luck... :fingers-crossed:

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
According to alexaglob, he use the multimeter as a jumper so that means to say you can just use any wires... :D

Having said that, of course the multimeter sharp probe is easier to use than jumper cables... :laugh: A much easier way if you don't have access to multimeter is to use one wire & two paper clips; strip both ends & just twist the wire to the paper clip, one at one end... :cowboy: It is the same principal... :laugh: Typically, the screw on the pcb is the GRD so if the testpoint doesn't work, then move on to other testpoint but GRD remain at the screw position... :fingers-crossed:

Switch on your PC speaker & hear for the Windows Hardware Insert sound just like when you insert your USB thumb drive sound...(As advice by rua1)

Follow alexaglob guide for remaining steps... :fingers-crossed:

But most importantly is, do you have factory ROM... :confused: No point doing this if you don't have it... :fingers-crossed:

Attachments

• jumper.jpg
    jumper.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 19,103
  • testpoint.jpg
    testpoint.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 22,028

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
Bricked MTK 6577

Dear Friend,

I dont have rom and i asked to supplier for providing firmware but he does not provide me yet. if you find please give me link.

According to alexaglob, he use the multimeter as a jumper so that means to say you can just use any wires... :D

Having said that, of course the multimeter sharp probe is easier to use than jumper cables... :laugh: A much easier way if you don't have access to multimeter is to use one wire & two paper clips; strip both ends & just twist the wire to the paper clip, one at one end... :cowboy: It is the same principal... :laugh: Typically, the screw on the pcb is the GRD so if the testpoint doesn't work, then move on to other testpoint but GRD remain at the screw position... :fingers-crossed:

Switch on your PC speaker & hear for the Windows Hardware Insert sound just like when you insert your USB thumb drive sound...(As advice by rua1)

Follow alexaglob guide for remaining steps... :fingers-crossed:

But most importantly is, do you have factory ROM... :confused: No point doing this if you don't have it... :fingers-crossed:

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
Unbricked mobile

Hi friend,

Thanks for help i unbricked my mobile with your support and from this forum member "pierloca" http://translate.google.co.in/trans...phone.ru/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=23206&start=120.

But i need one more favor from you that my mobile one inner sim slot detecting sim but not able to connect with network. Please help me on this matter. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive:

Dear Friend,

I dont have rom and i asked to supplier for providing firmware but he does not provide me yet. if you find please give me link.

Reactions: PhillipAJames

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Congrats, less one MT6577 ends up to junkyard... :laugh:

When either SIM is not working, mainly it means the ROM is not your factory ROM...
shocking.gif

But no worries, it can be solved by replacing modem.img at /system/etc/firmware

Again, you have to rely on a good Samaritan to help copy it & upload it for you... :fingers-crossed:

Just copy over via root explorer & reboot...

if still it doesn't work then you have to hunt for compatible one that works... :D

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
Network problem

But when i received brand mobile at that time this two problem is there first inner sim "not able to connect with network at this time" and second one is magnetic sensor not working. and due to these problem my phone bricked but thanks of you, i make it live my phone.

Is it issue with imei no?

Congrats, less one MT6577 ends up to junkyard... :laugh:

When either SIM is not working, mainly it means the ROM is not your factory ROM...
shocking.gif

But no worries, it can be solved by replacing modem.img at /system/etc/firmware

Again, you have to rely on a good Samaritan to help copy it & upload it for you... :fingers-crossed:

Just copy over via root explorer & reboot...

if still it doesn't work then you have to hunt for compatible one that works... :D

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
i presume the manufacturer wouldn't have supplied you a faulty unit... :fingers-crossed:

i've seen feedback here that at some country SIM2 just refuse to work...

Haha, since you mention, it might be an IMEI issue too...
blush.gif

hunt for it, as there are few IMEI writer apk for MT65xx here at xda too... :good:

Some report back that after using IMEI writer, their SIM2 works !

As for your magnetic sensor, typically the calibration is at settings -> display -> most bottom end

PS : You haven't share with us how you manage to unbrick your MT6577... Which testpoint that you had it jumpered to have SP Flash Tool work ? :eek:

Last edited:

leopesto

May 2, 2011
Normally for most MT65xx, you can't access META mode, to access it on my Lenovo, i have to take out the battery, press & hold volume up(don't let go) & plugin USB cable & the Device Manager will pop-up MTK USB COM for few seconds then disappear...( As the youtube video above )

I'm getting like you, MTK USB COM for 2-3 seconds then it disappears, how could I flash ROMs???

Reactions: windee

ashishp.grims

Nov 21, 2010
Magnetic sensor MTK 6577

I solved all my problem except one magnetic sensor. as per android sensor box my magnetic sensor detected but when i click on that then there is no graph movement. please guide me.

i presume the manufacturer wouldn't have supplied you a faulty unit... :fingers-crossed:

i've seen feedback here that at some country SIM2 just refuse to work...

Haha, since you mention, it might be an IMEI issue too...
blush.gif

hunt for it, as there are few IMEI writer apk for MT65xx here at xda too... :good:

Some report back that after using IMEI writer, their SIM2 works !

As for your magnetic sensor, typically the calibration is at settings -> display -> most bottom end

PS : You haven't share with us how you manage to unbrick your MT6577... Which testpoint that you had it jumpered to have SP Flash Tool work ? :eek:

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

You must have first five file as per you mobile specification. First five file is very important to start your phone. if it is not match with your mobile configuration then progress not going beyond red.

In SP Tool press download button then connect your mobile usb and follow TP point rules. then mobile will be flash.

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
@ashishp.grims
You still haven't share on how you manage to unbrick & solved all you problems... :eek: Your detail explanations will greatly benefit & help out fellow xda member who just brick their MT6577...
tongue.gif

i've seen on other thread did mention that new ROM update solve their problem while others says their MT6577 doesn't support Magnetic Sensor so E-Compass app won't work...

@leopesto
Same advice, try to hunt for your factory ROM as ashishp.grims did or post a new thread at Q&A so that a good Samaritan can help upload factory ROM backup with latest MTK Droid Tools, credits to Master Shifu bgcngm who has given this great tips... :good:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i've seen far too many times that fellow xda member make this same mistake over & over again, including myself...
    tongue.gif

So pls pls people, don't use SP Flash Tool to download ROM not meant for your phone, it will brick it & there is no way to revive it back ! After you have download wrong PRELOADER, your phone will be completely dead, cannot power on, no charging, no recovery, no PreLoader USB vcom detection & you can say
    rip.jpg
    to it...

Here is the WARNING again :

NEVER DOWNLOAD ROM NOT MEANT FOR YOUR PHONE. IT WILL BRICK IT !

Even with the the WARNING & you still do it...
    alamak.gif

Inspired by fellow xda member to start this thread to help out other xda member that run in to similar problem so here are the solution but it might not work for all MT65xx... :fingers-crossed:

If you have already brick it by flashing wrong PRELOADER then you still have a 50/ 50 chance to revive it so keep you fingers-crossed... :fingers-crossed:

For MT6573
    Requirement : Your MT6573 factory ROM, SP Flash Tool
    MT6573 Meta Driver - If you don't have, download it from here
    First you will need to open Device Manager, switch off your phone, press & hold Menu button but don't let go, now plug-in your usb cable will activate META mode(Thanks to Master Shifu Cybermaus for his insight knowledge)...You'll notice Mediatek USB VCOM will appear at Device Manager -> Ports

Mediatek USB VCOM will stay connected until you download factory ROM then it will auto disconnect, reconnect as PRELOADER USB VCOM & continue downloading...

After factory ROM download completed, it will be auto disconnected & you'll have your phone raise from the dead ! :laugh:

This hidden feature will enable you to download factory ROM when you brick it by flashing wrong PRELOADER meant for other phone however for some MT6573 there is no way to access META mode except by dismantling the whole phone... :eek:

If you can't find your model factory ROM, try to hunt for similar ROM. I have had feedback from fellow xda member it actually works ! Luckily, most MT65xx ROM are very similar to each other. Try to look for similarity at build.prop -> ro.build.product for eg, typical build are bird73_gb , e1109_v73_jy1, huaqin73_gb, tinnoes73_s8030_2g, mt73_w831_a9100_yingt & etc... google search is your friend... :good:

For MT6575/ 77
    With the battery out, hold the volume up, don't let go & plug in the USB cable will activate META mode for few seconds...Typically, you need to click Download at SP Flash Tool before entering META mode or it will auto disconnected...

If all doesn't work & you don't have a local service center for your MT65xx then may be you would want to try rua1's method but its not for the ordinary user... :fingers-crossed: Use google chrome for translation...

Attach is few photos that i've downloaded from that forum as it can only be viewed by members at that forum.... :good:
    Added on Nov 23, 2012 - MT65xx is truly UNBRICKABLE

it seems that MT65xx is really 'unbrickable' thanks to whitetigerdk who inform me with his how-tos :good:

So you can raise your DEAD MT65xx back to life... :D

The trick is quite simple, for whitetigerdk case, he flash his GooPhone Y5 with Zopo100 factory ROM & the phone went DEAD...

He proceed to reinstall preloader driver from Zopo & was able to use FlashTool again and flash back his factory GooPhone ROM & thats how he brought back his MT6575 back to life... :good:

Updates
    i've pm'ed whitetigerdk & got a reply from him confirming that indeed his GooPhone Y5 has this META mode built-in (plug in USB while holding VOL +)

Device Manager will detect new device... Having said that, not all MT65xx device has this feature... :eek:
    Added on Dec 20, 2012 - DO NOT USE MEMORY TEST AT SPFT !
    There has been confirmed cases that fellow xda member brick their MT6575/ 77 by using the MEMORY TEST function at SP Flash Tool !

When you put a check mark at NAND Flash Test or EMMC Test what it does is that it actually FORMAT it & this will brick your device !

For those who are having problem such as 3013 S_DA_SOC_CHECK_FAIL or 8038 SP FLASH TOOL ERROR for MT6575/ 77 even with testpoint, you will need SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.0.sn85
    I have upload it to here for ease to fellow xda member, Credits to Master Shifu rua1...
    rclxms.gif

Added on Jan 06, 2013 - DO NOT JUST FLASH ANY ROM WHEN YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE !
    Well known brands like Lenovo, Zopo, ZTE & etc do provide FACTORY ROM at their webpage for download...

However, for those lesser known brand, its hard to say so you will have to hunt for it & do as the title says... :D
    Credits to XDA Senior Member cybermaus, he has put up a simple guide on How to search for replacement rom...
    rclxms.gif

Added on Feb 11 2013 - Guide for Backing Up your device Factory ROM
    This guide here is meant for you to pass to a good Samaritan that will help you unbrick your device, hopefully... :fingers-crossed:
    Added on Feb 20 2013 - Mediatek Driver Auto Installer
    Found a Mediatek Driver Auto Installer, download it from here... Will be useful for those having drivers issues...
    Works on WinNT, WinXP, Win2003, WinVista, Win7 be it x86 or x64, just double-click Install...
    But remember to turn off User Account Control Settings...

Added on Feb 25, 2013
    Operation to Support & Reward our MTK SoC Developers
    Head up to here & show your support...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Added on May 13, 2013 - Reward for a Job Well Done
    It is Master Shifu rua1 that discovered MTK devices can be unbrick via testpoint & he has developed a great tool & continuously updating it, the MTK Droid Root & Tools that can backup Factory ROM out of an unknown MTK devices, get hardware information, Root it, port CWM & many many more...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Its sad to see users are taking advantage of all these free infos & tool developed by Master Shifu... :( Recent check with Master Shifu & he told me he only get 3 donations from xda :eek: Come on people... :rolleyes:

Please understand the significant amount of time and effort required to understand how the MTK devices works, then developing a software, a new function, bug fixes, add new features, testing it & etc before releasing it as a free tool...

Master Shifu never demanded any payment for using his software & inline with the xda spirit to Gives Credit Where Credit is Due you should start hitting the DONATE button now... ;)

As i have mention in this thread before, when you have unbrick your MTK devices using these infos & tool by Master Shifu, it means you don't have to fork out another USD 200+ to get a new devices... :laugh:

So how about spending Master Shifu breakfast, lunch or dinner that you have manage to save $$$ :D
    Pls pls consider making a donation to the Master Shifu rua1 to support him to continue development of this free great tool...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Free software/ tool on xda = you download it, use it & it help you = Hit that DONATE button
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif
    Normally for most MT65xx, you can't access META mode, to access it on my Lenovo, i have to take out the battery, press & hold volume up(don't let go) & plugin USB cable & the Device Manager will pop-up MTK USB COM for few seconds then disappear...( As the youtube video above ) Only at this MTK USB COM, the factory ROM can be downloaded without PRELOADER, according to Master Shifu cybermaus, thats how they download factory ROM at the first place... :D

Typically when you have MTK USB COM show up at Device Manager meaning you have factory META mode then you should be able to download your factory ROM with it too... :D No need to dismantle up your phone & look for testpoints... :laugh: Did you press the Download button at SP Flash Tool first then only plugin USB cable... :confused: Or maybe you should try pressing the Volume Up button too while plugging in USB cable... :fingers-crossed:

Did you try reinstall driver as per whitetigerdk trick... :confused:

What is the error message you got... :confused: If you can upload then you should be able to download with it too... :fingers-crossed:

Good Luck... :D
    now how to search for the replacement rom ?
    what things should be matched ?
    Hard to say. Best thing should be a ROM that you simply *know* is for your exact hardware. Someone who clearly has the identical phone, and vouches for a working ROM. Or from your vendor.

Failing that, I would look for:
    - same processor
    - same memory specs
    - same buttons and number of buttons
    - same sensors
    - same screen resolution
    - same display type (IPS vs LCD vs OLED)
    - same camera resolution
    - release to market at about the same time

Not so critical is
    - screen size
    - battery size
    - physical size

And luck. You need luck. But as mentioned, you can invite luck by only flashing boot/system/cache/user when doing so, it means you can always go back.

I am still trying to see if it is worth trying to port the A750 for you, as it has all the above hardware the same. Can you for me also collect this info:

Start Droid tool. Choose ADB terminal. Type the following in the command window:
    Code:
    adb shell (enter)
    su (enter)
    ls /sys/devices/platform (enter)
    ls /sys/bus/i2c/drivers (enter)
    cat /proc/devices
    I want to see if they are similar to my A750.

As to your IMEI and SIM: Since your phone is originally a single SIM phone with the second one hidden, I would expect an original ROM to only know about 1 SIM. Do you need dual SIM? Also, I think I would like to hande the IMEI problem only after you have a ROM. You probably just need to rebuild your NVRAM, so even if you have a correct ROM, it will not have IMEI. Lets handle the hardware first, the IMEI later.
    @ashishp.grims

thumbup.gif

@cybermaus
    rclxub.gif

Point taken...
    salute.gif
    Bro, use google, a quick search & i found it here...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

Pray hard its the same ROM for your device... :eek:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As for the rest of the guys here...
    There is no one to blame except yourself for not googling more info before you start modding this & that... :cowboy:

Many has pm me & i can't help b'cos i don't have your Factory ROM as simple as that... :angel:

My final advice to those that cannot find your Factory ROM is that you forget about the whole unbricking process here & get yourself a new device...
    ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

MT6589 are super cheap nowadays... Having said that, pls get a branded MTK device where you can get the Factory ROM from their web-page... :cool:

if you intent to stick to cheap MTK devices then make sure you backup your Factory ROM using Master Shifu rua1's MTK Droid Root & Tools the moment you got your device... :cool:

Cheers... :laugh: