[GUIDE] How to Unlock Bands/Frequencies on LG G3 (WIND)

Search This thread

shahmir_k

Jul 7, 2016
So after multiple hours of research I've finally put together a guide on how to get WIND working on an LG G3 D852

Download this zip for programs you'll need to actually unlock the bands: https://mega.nz/#!9o1QGKhb!pXdFUIr7uHpwBXBo1loFcqXjySWoyqhu-nB0ihHMk1o

1. Make sure your phone is rooted! There are multiple guides on this so just do a bit of googling.
  2. Install LG United drivers from here: http://www.mylgphones.com/lg-android-usb-device-drivers
  3. Install ADB driver from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118
  4. Install QPST from the zip
  5. Enable USB debugging
  6. Connect your phone to your PC and open adb
  7. Enter the following commands
    Code:
    adb start-server
    adb shell
    su
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/lg_diag_cmd/diag_enable
    setprop sys.usb.config acm,diag,mtp,adb
  8. Open QPST Configuration from your computer's start menu
  9. Click the "Ports" tab
  10. Click "Add New Port"
  11. Uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only"
  12. Add all the com ports that show up
  13. In QPST one of the ports should have a number show up under "Phone" in my case it was "MSM8974"
  14. That's the port you want to remember
  15. Navigate to where you installed QPST and go to QPST/bin and open RV_NV_Manager.exe
  16. Click Settings> Comport> Choose the COM port from before that had a phone
  17. Click on File>Read from phone
  18. Once it's done loading go to line 1877 and copy the decimal number from the right side of the program
  19. Go to where you extracted the zip and open "mztool"
  20. On the left side set "Input Radix" as decimal
  21. On the right there is "RF BC CONFIG" paste the number you copied from before there
  22. Switch tab to "Band Preference(NV Value)
  23. In my case (LG G3 D852) I selected
    Code:
    GSM: 07,08,19,21
    WCDMA: 22,23,25,26,49
  24. After you're done selecting all of those copy the number from the bottom right and remove all the commas
  25. Then paste that number into RV_NV_Manager to replace the number you originally copied
  26. Click "Write NV" and then press File> Write Changed NV to phone
  27. Restart your phone and enjoy your new bands!

This was tested on a LG G3 D852 running Android 5.0

Last edited:
Reactions: andrew1joe

shahmir_k

Jul 7, 2016
The version of QPST you're providing has a trojan according to AVG and Kaspersky...

I've just been using the QPST download I found from researching on how to do this. Are you sure it's not a false alarm since I'm currently using the exact same version of QPST with no problems?

n64_ali

Feb 9, 2010
Hi,
Thank you for the detailed instructions. I just had a question regarding unlocking bands. Will this procedure get rid of the bands I am currently using or will it simply unlock the ones Wind Mobile needs?

Thanks!

shahmir_k

Jul 7, 2016
Hi,
Thank you for the detailed instructions. I just had a question regarding unlocking bands. Will this procedure get rid of the bands I am currently using or will it simply unlock the ones Wind Mobile needs?

Thanks!

Simply unlock the ones wind mobile needs. You will keep all your old bands.

shahmir_k

Jul 7, 2016
What benefit of doing this? Better signal reception?

Some carriers use a specific band, in the case of WIND it's the aws band. The LG G3 physically supports it, but it's locked in the firmware. This lets you unlock that band and be able to use WIND mobile. This is different from just unlocking the phone

ParaFoil

Feb 20, 2007
Odessa
Some carriers use a specific band, in the case of WIND it's the aws band. The LG G3 physically supports it, but it's locked in the firmware. This lets you unlock that band and be able to use WIND mobile. This is different from just unlocking the phone

Hello
It is possible to unlock WCDMA/UMTS BAND 900 on my LG G3 852 ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So after multiple hours of research I've finally put together a guide on how to get WIND working on an LG G3 D852

Download this zip for programs you'll need to actually unlock the bands: https://mega.nz/#!9o1QGKhb!pXdFUIr7uHpwBXBo1loFcqXjySWoyqhu-nB0ihHMk1o

1. Make sure your phone is rooted! There are multiple guides on this so just do a bit of googling.
    2. Install LG United drivers from here: http://www.mylgphones.com/lg-android-usb-device-drivers
    3. Install ADB driver from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48915118#post48915118
    4. Install QPST from the zip
    5. Enable USB debugging
    6. Connect your phone to your PC and open adb
    7. Enter the following commands
      Code:
      adb start-server
      adb shell
      su
      echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/lg_diag_cmd/diag_enable
      setprop sys.usb.config acm,diag,mtp,adb
    8. Open QPST Configuration from your computer's start menu
    9. Click the "Ports" tab
    10. Click "Add New Port"
    11. Uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only"
    12. Add all the com ports that show up
    13. In QPST one of the ports should have a number show up under "Phone" in my case it was "MSM8974"
    14. That's the port you want to remember
    15. Navigate to where you installed QPST and go to QPST/bin and open RV_NV_Manager.exe
    16. Click Settings> Comport> Choose the COM port from before that had a phone
    17. Click on File>Read from phone
    18. Once it's done loading go to line 1877 and copy the decimal number from the right side of the program
    19. Go to where you extracted the zip and open "mztool"
    20. On the left side set "Input Radix" as decimal
    21. On the right there is "RF BC CONFIG" paste the number you copied from before there
    22. Switch tab to "Band Preference(NV Value)
    23. In my case (LG G3 D852) I selected
      Code:
      GSM: 07,08,19,21
      WCDMA: 22,23,25,26,49
    24. After you're done selecting all of those copy the number from the bottom right and remove all the commas
    25. Then paste that number into RV_NV_Manager to replace the number you originally copied
    26. Click "Write NV" and then press File> Write Changed NV to phone
    27. Restart your phone and enjoy your new bands!

This was tested on a LG G3 D852 running Android 5.0
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone