[GUIDE]How to unlock Bootloader and Root

Search This thread

freefrank

Feb 8, 2007
NONE OF THESE DEVELOPMENTS WERE DONE BY ME, YET I WONT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE

0. Download the attachment. unpack. get driver installed. turn debug on. connect phone to your pc. Copy SuperSU-Pro-*.zip to phone memory.

1. Get Unlock Code for your phone @ http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail
Use google translate if needed.

2. Unlock your Recovery
Code:
#adb reboot-bootlader
#fastboot oem unlock [your unlock code]

3. run recovery.bat
Code:
**-1. Flash CWM Recovery-**
**2. Flash stock Recovery-**
##-3. Reboot to Recovery-##

Choose 1, and 3

4. In CWM flash the SuperSU

5. enjoy

the recovery and root package: http://goo.gl/NFbsWo

P.S. im selling my Mate 7 pm me

Last edited:

slaia

Oct 25, 2010
London, UK
No product model

Thanks for the tips. But I can't find Ascend Mate 7 product model on the list. What is the model of yours?

I'm thinking to buy AM7, but I want to make sure that I can root and install custom rom later, before buying it.

getmobilephone

Oct 1, 2014
Thanks for posting this :)
Seems pretty straight forward.
I'm guessing we ll lose root once we update again?

Yes, you have to flash back to the factory recovery and then update. After this, re-root it again.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Thanks for the tips. But I can't find Ascend Mate 7 product model on the list. What is the model of yours?

I'm thinking to buy AM7, but I want to make sure that I can root and install custom rom later, before buying it.

You can root AM7. The root instruction applies to all AM7 models.

Reactions: yarik88

slaia

Oct 25, 2010
London, UK
Can't find the AM7 product model on unlock website

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

You can root AM7. The root instruction applies to all AM7 models.

Actually what I meant is how to get the unlock code. Don't you need to unlock the device before rooting it? I checked on the Huawei website (http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail) and I can't find the AM7 product model.

getmobilephone

Oct 1, 2014
Actually what I meant is how to get the unlock code. Don't you need to unlock the device before rooting it? I checked on the Huawei website (http://www.emui.com/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail) and I can't find the AM7 product model.

Can you send us your iemi? We can help you get the unlock code. no charge for you.

P.S. some of our customers reported that the unlock code cannot be issued on the website and require to contact huawei directly.

Reactions: yarik88

zenn66

Mar 5, 2012
please...

Can you please write the steps out a little more.... this is my first Huawei phone.... used to samsung note's
I am a noob ?

killernow

Nov 29, 2004
Did you have a Recovery.bat or a Recovery.img?

... send from hell ... hahahaaaa ...

I have unzip the file: Recovery_b119 and put the 2 files (recovery.bat and tool folder) in the C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
ps inside tool folder is present file image named recovery_h60

glycero

Apr 13, 2008
Me too !! Please can you provide us with an unlock code:fingers-crossed:

LT09 seems to be European model.
I sent an email to Huawei to know fit it is still possible to get a code...

the link posted on a German forum posted previously seems to be fine but I do no read German that much and Google translate gives me akward results I do not trust...

So I think I'm going to wait for a while untill I find something I can trust (or understand :) )

Reactions: zenn66

bvt-1

Jun 20, 2011
Hannover
I have unzip the file: Recovery_b119 and put the 2 files (recovery.bat and tool folder) in the C:\Program Files\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
ps inside tool folder is present file image named recovery_h60

Which model did you have?
MT7-??
I used a Recovery.img, not a .bat...

... send from hell... hahahaaaa...

bvt-1

Jun 20, 2011
Hannover
Then try this... Its not a .bat, its an .img, like I used it

In cmd.exe wrote

Fastboot flash recovery recovery_h60.img not .bat

... send from hell... hahahaaaa...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415700796332.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415700796332.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,441

MosheDrori

Dec 16, 2012
Thx mate,
I followed your instructions for the UL-00 (the 2/16 Chines model in white. I couldn't stand the gold...) and it perfectly succeeded.
well done!

Now we're waiting for a custom ROM :)

AxlMan

Oct 30, 2014
I've unlocked my phone successfully this way and rooted it. But then i had to flash stock recovery again cause if not, OTA upgrades doesn't work at all. Worse : factory reset makes ur Emui rom look totally different after reboot (basic look, no theming, ugly...)
So when i put stock recovery back and factory reset, it looked like before.
But i didn't need to root again.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using XDA Free mobile app

glycero

Apr 13, 2008
I've unlocked my phone successfully this way and rooted it. But then i had to flash stock recovery again cause if not, OTA upgrades doesn't work at all. Worse : factory reset makes ur Emui rom look totally different after reboot (basic look, no theming, ugly...)
So when i put stock recovery back and factory reset, it looked like before.
But i didn't need to root again.

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-TL10 using XDA Free mobile app

permanent root ? that's fine !

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone