• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to Unlock Bootloader for Lenovo Z5 Pro GT [L78032]

Search This thread

SrCDA

Mar 12, 2019
This tutorial is based on the Lenovo Z5 Pro(L78031 - NO-GT version) tutorial By BadCluster

.Pre-Requirements

ADB means Android Debug Bridge, and it is software that you should always do have installed on your PC.

Pre-Requisite 1
Make sure that you have the drivers for your phone installed on your PC.
If not, you can download and install them from here https://devsjournal.com/usb-drivers-for-all-android-devices.html

Pre-Requisite 2
You must also install: Minimal ADB & Fastboot, you can download the software
from here https://devsjournal.com/download-minimal-adb-fastboot-tool.html
Scrolling through the page you will have 2 options: Download or Portable
(choose the one that you prefer)

Pre-Requisite 3
Make sure you have enabled 'USB Debugging' and OEM Unlocking on your device (read all tutorial before do it, because it will be wiped all data from the phone)
Settings -> Advanced settings -> Developer Options

PAY ATTENTION: If you do not see the Developer Options menu you need to do this:
Settings -> Device Info -> tap 6 or 7 times on the 'ZUI version' entry
A pop-up should appear, telling you 'now you are a developer'

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before doing this, know that this operation completely reset your device and after rebooting, you will find the phone as if he had just left out of the box. So you'll need to configure your phone again and reinstall all apps.

.Unlock Bootloader

1) Go to: http://developer.zuk.com/bootloader_2
2) Get unlock_bootloader.img:
pnveqsE.png

3) Go to your email download file:
CrAOA2g.jpg

4) After getting the unlock file put it in the same ADB folder
5) Now start the phone in bootlader by doing this:
Connect the phone to the PC
Start the Minimal ADB & Fastboot program from the PC
On the PC screen, type:

adb reboot bootloader

(A request may appear on the phone screen with permission of USB debugging, accept it)

The phone will now restart in Bootloader mode.

6) Now that you are in bootloader mode, from the PC, from the screen
Minimal ADB and Fastboot type:

fastboot flash unlock unlock_bootloader.img
sending 'unlock' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.004s]
writing 'unlock'...
OKAY [ 0.019s]

7)Then type:
fastboot oem unlock-go
OKAY [ 0.019s]

8) This is very important: Ready now your bootloader is UNLOCKED however your smartphone will have BootLoop and to arrange you need to do this tutorial: HERE

Done !
----------------------------------------------------------
.How to Lock bootloader again:

IMPORTANT NOTE: Before doing this, know that this operation completely reset your device and after rebooting, you will find the phone as if he had just left out of the box. So you'll need to configure your phone again and reinstall all apps.

1) Now start the phone in bootlader by doing this:
On the PC screen, type:

adb reboot bootloader

(A request may appear on the phone screen with permission of USB debugging, accept it)

2) Now that you are in bootloader mode, from the PC, from the screen

fastboot flashing lock
OKAY [ 0.019s]

6) This is very important: Ready now your bootloader is LOCKED however your smartphone will have BootLoop and to arrange you need to do this tutorial: HERE

Done !

Last edited:

Adr215

Jun 23, 2019
Hi,

I followed the instructions and got "FAILED (remote: Serial number not matched)"
I checked and the SN in Device Info matches the one I've used to generate the file on their site.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

hristcroixqwerty

Dec 20, 2013
San Pedro
1IMEI wont get accepted

So you can use https://www.zui.com/iunlock instead because "http://developer.zuk.com/bootloader_2" is not working.

I tried the link above and when I input my 1IMEI, is say please put the right 1IMEI.. tried it a couple of times but it wont work.
Before this, my phone have a global rom and rooted.. so what I did is flashed the CN rom, relocked the booteloader to get the update, updated it to latest version then tried to unlock again the bootloader. And btw, I got the phone with unlock bootloader already..

Attachments

• Inkedchrome_2019-12-25_00-02-48_LI.jpg
    Inkedchrome_2019-12-25_00-02-48_LI.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 258

0z4ck

May 6, 2017
Montpellier
I tried the link above and when I input my 1IMEI, is say please put the right 1IMEI.. tried it a couple of times but it wont work.
Before this, my phone have a global rom and rooted.. so what I did is flashed the CN rom, relocked the booteloader to get the update, updated it to latest version then tried to unlock again the bootloader. And btw, I got the phone with unlock bootloader already..

You need to insert a sim card into Sim(Slot1) and connect to the internet and wait a couple of hours. (I waited arround 6 hours)

Reactions: BlueIce84

BlueIce84

Aug 27, 2018
You need to insert a sim card into Sim(Slot1) and connect to the internet and wait a couple of hours. (I waited arround 6 hours)
Anyone tried it? I've sold my Z5, because of no root and no custom recovery.
If there is a way to use twrp and root that works 100% I want to buy a new one :)
After two years I need to replace my Motorola Z2 Force...

lcfr_27

Sep 5, 2013
Rome
I used you guide to lock bootlader of my Lenovo Z5 GT Pro.

As written, after bootloaderlock, I had bootloop problem, which I solved using the linked guide.

ALL perfectly working: THANK YOU!

matheuswerner

Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys,

I received my Z5 with the bootloader already unlocked, but I can't lock it again. I tried the post's method, but it didn't work. When i set the command at the cmd, no message shows in the smartphone. Can someone help me?

Thanks

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This tutorial is based on the Lenovo Z5 Pro(L78031 - NO-GT version) tutorial By BadCluster

.Pre-Requirements

ADB means Android Debug Bridge, and it is software that you should always do have installed on your PC.

Pre-Requisite 1
    Make sure that you have the drivers for your phone installed on your PC.
    If not, you can download and install them from here https://devsjournal.com/usb-drivers-for-all-android-devices.html

Pre-Requisite 2
    You must also install: Minimal ADB & Fastboot, you can download the software
    from here https://devsjournal.com/download-minimal-adb-fastboot-tool.html
    Scrolling through the page you will have 2 options: Download or Portable
    (choose the one that you prefer)

Pre-Requisite 3
    Make sure you have enabled 'USB Debugging' and OEM Unlocking on your device (read all tutorial before do it, because it will be wiped all data from the phone)

PAY ATTENTION: If you do not see the Developer Options menu you need to do this:
    Settings -> Device Info -> tap 6 or 7 times on the 'ZUI version' entry
    A pop-up should appear, telling you 'now you are a developer'

.Unlock Bootloader

1) Go to: http://developer.zuk.com/bootloader_2
    2) Get unlock_bootloader.img:
    pnveqsE.png

3) Go to your email download file:
    CrAOA2g.jpg

4) After getting the unlock file put it in the same ADB folder
    5) Now start the phone in bootlader by doing this:
    On the PC screen, type:

adb reboot bootloader

6) Now that you are in bootloader mode, from the PC, from the screen

fastboot flash unlock unlock_bootloader.img
    sending 'unlock' (0 KB)...
    OKAY [ 0.004s]
    writing 'unlock'...
    OKAY [ 0.019s]

7)Then type:
    fastboot oem unlock-go
    OKAY [ 0.019s]

8) This is very important: Ready now your bootloader is UNLOCKED however your smartphone will have BootLoop and to arrange you need to do this tutorial: HERE

Done !
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    .How to Lock bootloader again:

1) Now start the phone in bootlader by doing this:
    On the PC screen, type:

adb reboot bootloader

2) Now that you are in bootloader mode, from the PC, from the screen

fastboot flashing lock
    OKAY [ 0.019s]

6) This is very important: Ready now your bootloader is LOCKED however your smartphone will have BootLoop and to arrange you need to do this tutorial: HERE

Done !
    Hello
    My mobile phone has only 7 digits of serial number
    Do you know what to do?

Thanks!
    I could do it because of you tought me how to do it.