• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] How to unlock bootloader in the Moto E6 Plus + Install TWRP, with Windows and Linux

Search This thread

Fastoh

Sep 1, 2020
Hello guys, in this guide I will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of the Moto E6 Plus.

READ THE FULL GUIDE TO AVOID ERRORS IN THE PROCESS SINCE THIS UNLOCKING METHOD IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MOTOROLA PHONE.

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this system image before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
* I will laugh at you.
*/

What we will do first is a downgrade to version 76 of firmware since the new versions it's not allowed unlock bootloader, for this we will use SP Flash Tool v5.1916 (since the most current version does not give an error) and later we will flash some files for complete the unlock bootloader besides that we will install TWRP to install some GSI since the stock system it cannot be used.

This process is for 32/2 and 64/4 variant.

Links of download at the end of the post.

WARNING: THIS PROCESS ERASES ALL USER DATA AND VOIDS THE WARRANTY IN ADDITION THAT THE SYSTEM STOCK CANNOT BE USED.

Prerequisites:
  • A computer with Windows (bruh)
  • ADB and Fastboot installed
  • Have installed the device drivers to be detected in fastboot mode.
  • Have downloaded the lk, vbmeta and recovery files.
  • Have downloader SP Flashtool and the ROM to downgrade.
READ THE FULL GUIDE TO AVOID ERRORS IN THE PROCESS SINCE THIS UNLOCKING METHOD IS DIFFERENT FROM OTHER MOTOROLA PHONE.

Once the necessary files have been downloaded the process is the following"

• Unpack the SP Flash Tool and open "flash_tool.exe" file.
  • Once opened the app they will have to press up to the right the section "Options" and select "Option", when i open them they have to uncheck the second option.
  • Then close the window and in the "Download-Agent" press in "Choose" and search inside the unzipped zip folder a file named "DA_SWSEC_1848_PTA29.76.bin" or similary and select it. Then in "Scatter-loading File" press in "Choose" and just like before navigate to the same rute and select the file "MT6765_Android_scatter" and click on "Ok", and in "Authentication File" some select "Choose" and select "auth_sv5.auth" file and click in "Ok".
  • Now remove the battery of the phone and in Flash Tool press on "Donwload" and connect the phone without battery and start to flash.
  • Once the flashing finishes place the battery again and boot it in FASTBOOT (not system), then in terminal put the next command to unlock the bootloader:
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical

And press Volume + in the phone to unlock the bootlaoder and DO NOT reboot still

In case of having started in the system without installing the files, you will have to start in the recovery mode and do a factory format.

After that you can flash the files from fastboot.

• Now flash the lk, vbmeta and twrp files with the next commands:
Code:
fastboot flash lk lk.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

• Now restart in recovery and go to Wipe > System > Advanced options > Resize.
Without this it would appear that there is 8GB of memory instead of 32/64.​
Now it only remains to flash the GSI.​
Prerequisites:
  • A computer with Linux (bruh)

Once the necessary files have been downloaded the process is the following

• Unpack the SP Flash Tool, and mark as to executable "flash_tool" file and open as superuser, if you don't know the commands are the following:
Code:
sudo chmod +x flash_tool
sudo ./flash_tool

• Now in the "Download-Agent" press in "Choose" and search inside the unzipped zip folder a file named "DA_SWSEC_1848_PTA29.76.bin" or similary and select it. Then in "Scatter-loading File" press in "Choose" and just like before navigate to the same rute and select the file "MT6765_Android_scatter" and click on "Ok", and in "Authentication File" some select "Choose" and select "auth_sv5.auth" file and click in "Ok".
  • Now remove the battery of the phone and in Flash Tool press on "Donwload" and connect the phone without battery and start to flash.
  • Once the flashing finishes place the battery again and boot it in FASTBOOT (not system), then in terminal put the next command to unlock the bootloader:
Code:
sudo fastboot flashing unlock_critical

And press Volume + in the phone to unlock bootloader and DO NOT reboot still.

In case of having started in the system without installing the files, you will have to start in the recovery mode and do a factory format.

Code:
sudo fastboot flash lk lk.img
sudo fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
sudo fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
If you don't know which GSI to try first, I recommend one from Phhusson, Ermitain or Andy.

NOTE: The system will be encrypted, and in this build of TWRP the encryption is not support so the files of internal storage will appear with numbers and letters random, if you want to remove the encryption flash the dm-verity.

NOTE 2: After unlocking the bootloader you can update the firmware to the latest version, but you will have to flash the lk and vbmeta files again (besides of recovery).

NOTE 3: The GSI architectures for each variant are: A64 AB for 32/2 and ARM64 AB for 64/4.

NOTE 4: If you are going to flash a GSI with GApps you will first have to flash a vanilla Phhusson GSI and start in it, after that you have to flash the GSI with GApps WITHOUT wipes and you can use it normally :D

Links of download:

ROM to downgrade : https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/pokerp/official/RETLA/ (the one that says in the name 32B its for 32/2 variant and the one that says in the name 64B its for 64/4 variant, bruh)

SP Flashtool: https://spflashtool.com/download/ (download the 5.1916 version)

ADB and Fastboot (Windows only): https://androiddatahost.com/uq6us

lk, vbmeta and TWRP files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19wDFLDOoFTIDO-sv3vxWJ-CUEG1Q3sl-?usp=sharing

Credits:
  • @eluallen to do the first guide of how to unlock the bootloader and vbmeta file.
  • @Siddk for the recovery.
  • @LichtEstarossx for lk file and give some development to pokerp ;-;.

Last edited:

ShotRomsS6edge

Feb 9, 2019
México
Hello guys, in this guide I will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of the Moto E6 Plus

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
/*
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this system image before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device,
* I will laugh at you.
*/

What we will do first is a downgrade to version 76 of firmware since the new versions it's not allowed unlock bootloader, for this we will use SP Flash Tool v5.1916 (since the most current version does not give an error) and later we will flash some files for complete the unlock bootloader besides that we will install TWRP to install some GSI since the stock system it cannot be used.

WARNING: THIS PROCESS ERASES ALL USER DATA AND VOIDS THE WARRANTY IN ADDITION THAT THE SYSTEM STOCK CANNOT BE USED.

• Once opened the app they will have to press up to the right the section "Options" and select "Option", when i open them they have to uncheck the second option.
  • Then close the window and in the "Download-Agent" press in "Choose" and search inside the unzipped zip folder a file named "DA_SWSEC_1848_PTA29.76.bin" or similary and select it. Then in "Scatter-loading File" press in "Choose" and just like before navigate to the same rute and select the file "MT6765_Android_scatter" and click on "Ok", and in "Authentication File" some select "Choose" and select "auth_sv5.auth" file and click in "Ok".
Code:

And press Volume + in the phone to unlock the bootlaoder and DO NOT reboot still
Code:
fastboot flash lk lk.img

• Now reboot to recovery and flash some GSI

If you don't know which try first with the GSI of Phhusson or Lineage of Andy

• Unpack the SP Flash Tool, and mark as to executable "flash_tool" file and open as superuser, if you don't know the commands are the following:
Code:
sudo chmod +x flash_tool
sudo ./flash_tool

• Now in the "Download-Agent" press in "Choose" and search inside the unzipped zip folder a file named "DA_SWSEC_1848_PTA29.76.bin" or similary and select it. Then in "Scatter-loading File" press in "Choose" and just like before navigate to the same rute and select the file "MT6765_Android_scatter" and click on "Ok", and in "Authentication File" some select "Choose" and select "auth_sv5.auth" file and click in "Ok".
Code:

And press Volume + in the phone to unlock bootloader and DO NOT reboot still
Code:

• Now reboot to recovery and flash some GSI.

if you don't know which try first with the GSI of Phhusson or Lineage of Andy

NOTE: The system will be encrypted, if you want to remove the encryption flash the dm-verity.

NOTE 2: After unlocking the bootloader you can update the firmware to the latest version, but you will have to flash the lk and vbmeta files again (besides of recovery).

Links of download:

ROM to downgrade : https://mirrors.lolinet.com/firmware/moto/pokerp/official/RETLA/ (the one that says in the name 32B its for 32/2 variant and the one that says in the name 64B its for 64/4 variant, bruh)

SP Flashtool: https://spflashtool.com/download/ (download the 5.1924 version)

ADB for Windows: https://androiddatahost.com/uq6us

lk, vbmeta and TWRP files: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=19wDFLDOoFTIDO-sv3vxWJ-CUEG1Q3sl-&usp=sharing
I've been looking for GSI-Treble support,
And my system drops this.
So in various posts people say "For this phone we have to install GSI aonly-Arm32"

I don't know what Is The Correct One And I Need Help 😔👏

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201226-162924.png
    Screenshot_20201226-162924.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 319

Fastoh

Sep 1, 2020
I've been looking for GSI-Treble support,
And my system drops this.
So in various posts people say "For this phone we have to install GSI aonly-Arm32"

I don't know what Is The Correct One And I Need Help 😔👏

Ahí te dice en la imagen, las GSIs compatibles son las que son A64 xd // There it tells you in the image, the compatible GSIs are those that are A64 xd

Last edited:

simbanono

Aug 12, 2019
Dont get it, there is way too many fake websites with USB drivers for ADB and fastboot and none of them are working, ive tried your adb driver aswell but once I get into fastboot windows just says: Android device with a 28 error code which means that there is no driver installed, could you give me the link?

EDIT: adb only works when the device has booted.

Last edited:

Fastoh

Sep 1, 2020
Dont get it, there is way too many fake websites with USB drivers for ADB and fastboot and none of them are working, ive tried your adb driver aswell but once I get into fastboot windows just says: Android device with a 28 error code which means that there is no driver installed, could you give me the link?

EDIT: adb only works when the device has booted.

What is missing are the drivers, try to download them from this link (is the link that came in the flash tool zip xd): https://androiddatahost.com/276a2

Mar 5, 2016
well i get make downgrade to the lowest version i found, now i can't unlock the bootloader with
it gives me "waiting device" :c

edit: i install adb, fastboot and moto drivers, now when i wirte fastboot flashing unlock appears "unknow command"

Last edited:

Alejandro2810

Oct 4, 2018
hey hi,i have a problem, so i did everything as you write it but when i did the flashtool thing it didn't recognize the phone, but it was making contact, i installed a lot of drivers until one of them make it work, so when i did the fastboot thing it wasn't recognize the phone again, what can i do? my phone is the 32/2 version

Fastoh

Sep 1, 2020
hey hi,i have a problem, so i did everything as you write it but when i did the flashtool thing it didn't recognize the phone, but it was making contact, i installed a lot of drivers until one of them make it work, so when i did the fastboot thing it wasn't recognize the phone again, what can i do? my phone is the 32/2 version

what SO do you use? windows or linux? because in windows the fastboot mode did not work either ;-;

Fastoh

Sep 1, 2020
If you want to downgrade you have to do it with the firmware of the e6s because if you do it with the e6 plus your phone will have birck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, in this guide I will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of the Moto E6 Plus.

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
    /*
    * I will laugh at you.
    */

Links of download at the end of the post.

Prerequisites:
    • A computer with Windows (bruh)
    • Have installed the device drivers to be detected in fastboot mode.

Code:

Code:
    fastboot flash lk lk.img

Prerequisites:
    • A computer with Linux (bruh)

Code:
    sudo chmod +x flash_tool
    sudo ./flash_tool

Code:

And press Volume + in the phone to unlock bootloader and DO NOT reboot still.

Code:
    If you don't know which GSI to try first, I recommend one from Phhusson, Ermitain or Andy.

NOTE: The system will be encrypted, and in this build of TWRP the encryption is not support so the files of internal storage will appear with numbers and letters random, if you want to remove the encryption flash the dm-verity.

NOTE 3: The GSI architectures for each variant are: A64 AB for 32/2 and ARM64 AB for 64/4.

NOTE 4: If you are going to flash a GSI with GApps you will first have to flash a vanilla Phhusson GSI and start in it, after that you have to flash the GSI with GApps WITHOUT wipes and you can use it normally :D

Links of download:

SP Flashtool: https://spflashtool.com/download/ (download the 5.1916 version)

ADB and Fastboot (Windows only): https://androiddatahost.com/uq6us

lk, vbmeta and TWRP files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19wDFLDOoFTIDO-sv3vxWJ-CUEG1Q3sl-?usp=sharing

Credits:
    • @eluallen to do the first guide of how to unlock the bootloader and vbmeta file.
    • @Siddk for the recovery.
    • @LichtEstarossx for lk file and give some development to pokerp ;-;.
    Does it make sense (or is it dangerous) to unlock; magisk root; delete all google apps; now then relock bootloader.

Will it brick?

will the stock rom still show "llegal Unlocking"?
    4/64GB version

(I kinda do not care about upgrades). The nice thing is e6plus is the very light and has 64GB.

If you want to have root or unlock the bootloader you can do it if you feel like it xd

I don't think it turns to brick. Also if it is bricked you can restore it with sp flashtool ;p

If you block it again, I don't think the illegal unlocking will appear